Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   wtf 4mb of 2.6 gb (about 6 hours) download on wow (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28159)

phoenix 11.15.2008 09:27 PM

wtf 4mb of 2.6 gb (about 6 hours) download on wow

:( is that because of the new release or because I havent played in three months?

floatingslowly 11.16.2008 12:23 AM

both. I can't believe that yr playing again. I don't think I should. it's not good for me.

phoenix 11.16.2008 12:56 AM

I really just wanted to jump on for a couple hours and pew pew pew a bit.

I've left it downloading because I bought a month before I started the patch update, so Im going to be bothered to let it do it.. but..

All the forums are like WTF I WAANT TO PLAY WOTLK I AM 1207th in line and I AM A GUD PLAYUER WHY WONT YOU LET ME PLAY FIX IT PLS. *nerd aneurism*

and lots of the free character transfers not workin / getting lost in the process. aha.

pbradley 11.16.2008 03:34 AM

World of Warcraft as too much craft and not enough war.

phoenix 11.16.2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbradley
World of Warcraft as too much craft and not enough war.

no I like that there are so many things I can do that don't involve battle

EVOLghost 11.16.2008 07:18 PM

Haha...I don't even want to start installing everything all of again. I might start playing again...ther server that I'm on now, I'm all alone. Paid character transfer ftl.

phoenix 11.16.2008 09:33 PM

are you all alone or just no one at yr lvl? what server are you on?

atsonicpark 11.16.2008 09:36 PM

EVOLghost 11.16.2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
are you all alone or just no one at yr lvl? what server are you on?

70 mage. I was first on Gorgonnash but then switched to Deathwing to join my friends. They then switched to Korgath and so did I. Little did I know that I was going to quit playing like a month later. Um...so as of right now, I have one friend on Korgath, that is my cousin. But actually I kind of want to reroll Horde, except the only thing that is stopping me is leveling all the way to 70 let alone 80 post-expansion.

EVOLghost 11.16.2008 09:49 PM

what about you Phoenix? (character/level/server)

phoenix 11.16.2008 10:36 PM

I have a 36 druid and a 20 rogue aliance on laughing skull, I have a couple other teen characters on other servers, but nothing remotely high end. I dont play enough :p

EVOLghost 11.17.2008 12:07 AM

Ah. Yeh well...that's good. Having high level characters just create problems anyways. haha. I mean...I did go through two paid character transfers....so....yeah.

phoenix 11.17.2008 12:14 AM

just make new friends! or there's really that little people around :(

reroll :D

EVOLghost 11.17.2008 12:19 AM

I'll probably return to Deathwing or Gorgonnash...maybe even try a new server, i dunno....still gotta go through the pain of installing and whatevs.

floatingslowly 11.17.2008 09:46 AM

all my shit's on laughing skull. I don't know if I would ever play there again.

it's 20:1 in favor of horde. I'm good....but I'm not that good.

why the fuck am I even THINKING about WoW?? :mad:

al shabbray 11.17.2008 09:55 AM

play fallout3!!!!

floatingslowly 11.17.2008 09:58 AM

I have been! I'm not sure how much further I have to go though. if I tried, I could finish it up pretty quickly (I think).

there's no stupid text chat in fallout like there is in WoW. despite the fact that it (mostly) makes me bash my head against the screen....sometimes I miss it.

I also miss watching phoenix get stabby.

:(

EVOLghost 11.18.2008 12:20 AM

Dood WoW isn't the devil. It's fun, it's there to kill time ya know? I'm just hoping I don't waste too much time.

jakeonguitar 11.20.2008 01:47 AM

I'm killing a little bit of time on Nordrassil.

Anyone else on it?

EVOLghost 11.20.2008 11:46 AM

I'd join you, but still not on WoW yet. I want to finish this semester before I potentially throw it all away.

floatingslowly 11.20.2008 12:01 PM

I don't think I'd mind a SYG guild. :p

despite what I might say, I'm not sure I could leave Laughing Skull. I have thousands of gold and 3 level 70's there (alliance side).

I can never get past the barrens when I reroll horde.

EVOLghost 11.20.2008 01:04 PM

Well...I'd join Laughing Skull if there is an SYG guild. I'd probably Transfer my character there as well...heh.

floatingslowly 11.20.2008 01:08 PM

honestly, if there was a serious interest in this, it might be better to start somewhere fresh.

Laughing Skull is and always has been the armpit of WoW. we are the home of Leeroy (go fuck yrself) Jenkins and the 5,000 gold whore (who, incidentally, I was accused of paying for services due to a poor choice of user name).

EVOLghost 11.20.2008 01:12 PM

I'd suggest we start posting suggestions. Before realizing there are more than expected WoW players, I was gonna go to Deathwing or Gorgonnash....But....I'm open to joining a new server. Though, I'd probably transfer my 70 just in case I get bored leveling a new character to 70.

floatingslowly 11.20.2008 01:24 PM

yeah, I think I would transfer one of mine too. phoenix is oceanic time zone, so it's hard to catch her on, and as she mentioned, she seems pretty keen on horde....I really don't care what I do though.

I'm just sick of PUG_life.

all you really need to be successful is a tank and healer. I have 70: hunter, lock and priest (so I could heal), but we would need a tank.

if somebody was overly interested in healing, I could potentially level a death knight fairly quickly.

it's going to be about a week before I can get the expansion and reactivate, so we have time to think about it.

EVOLghost 11.20.2008 02:10 PM

That's cool. My main is a 70 mage, but I haven't played in over 2 years. My gear is REALLY outdated. My gear was actually kind of bad, though not entirely. I actually started to level a priest. I actually have recently been interested in bein' a healer, but I am kind of slow at leveling. It'll be probably over a week for me to reactivate. I have no job and barely an income to pay my phone and CC. What time zone are you in floatingslowly.

floatingslowly 11.20.2008 02:14 PM

CST > same with Laughing Skull. well, it was a CST server, when there were such things.

and yeah, I level pretty fast. although it's nothing to be proud of, I'm, uh, pretty good at WoW. :o

EVOLghost 11.20.2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
CST > same with Laughing Skull. well, it was a CST server, when there were such things.

and yeah, I level pretty fast. although it's nothing to be proud of, I'm, uh, pretty good at WoW. :o

I'm in CST too so that makes something somewhat convenient. But being good at WoW isn't something to NOT be proud of.....if that helps...heh.

jakeonguitar 11.20.2008 06:52 PM

I used to have a Protection Warrior but I deleted him a while back. I restarted playing a few days ago to kill some time, and have started another Warrior on Nordrassil.

But! I very much agree with starting anew on a new (different) server. How about it?

phoenix 11.20.2008 09:24 PM

I really want to play with you all. syg would be sweet. woo.

I am oceanic but please dont hold it against me :( I usually play in the mornings anyway, because thats when Im on my own and bored... which is anywhere from 4pm to 2am CST?

I've never had a response time less than 250-300, even on oceanic servers(and theyre dead in the times I want to play anyway), so.. as long as it doesnt top 600-700.. Im fine with wherever.

phoenix 11.20.2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I'd join you, but still not on WoW yet. I want to finish this semester before I potentially throw it all away.

I just got all my marks and passed my course, so Im well interested in time wasting. :D

jakeonguitar 11.20.2008 10:15 PM

I'm all for an Oceanic server. I first started playing World of Warcraft on Frostmoure, and that was probably the best server I've been on yet. I never, ever experienced noticeable lag. I'd opt to do it again if you guys don't mind a PvE server, but any Oceanic server will be great.

phoenix 11.20.2008 10:16 PM

I was kind of stating I'd prefer to not play one, because I think they'd be pretty dead in the times US/Euro people woudl want to play.. but yeh. Maybe not? I dunno.

jakeonguitar 11.20.2008 10:22 PM

I always played at night and there were tons of Aussies on, and might I add, they're much more intelligent (i.e., not idiots and irritating) than most American players. Haha.

But either way on the server issue, I'm totally fine. I've never rolled an Alliance so that may be fun (?). Anyways, just waiting on some input from EVOLghost and floatingslowly, eh?

phoenix 11.20.2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakeonguitar
I always played at night and there were tons of Aussies on

well, there you go. I guess I was wrong :confused:

in reality I'd be happy anywhere that doesnt have a line, and isnt super laggy . heh.

Sonic Youth 37 11.20.2008 11:42 PM

EVOLghost 11.21.2008 11:18 AM

During no school, I'll probably hit up the nights alot more. Except I'm just gonna have to put up with with my friends nagging me to go out and shiz. Though, it's winter and super cold here in Chicago....so...I'll be in alot more nights :-D

Let's start wastin' time!

P.S. What kind of server? PvP, RP, or PvE. (I vote PvP)

jakeonguitar 11.21.2008 03:28 PM

You should just go ahead and start on one and let me/us know, I'll follow along. I'm open to anything; PvP is fine. Here's the bigger question, though: Horde or Alliance?

EVOLghost 11.21.2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakeonguitar
You should just go ahead and start on one and let me/us know, I'll follow along. I'm open to anything; PvP is fine. Here's the bigger question, though: Horde or Alliance?

I don't mind really.....Preferably Alliance, but I'd make a blood elf...they're so cool.

jakeonguitar 11.21.2008 03:32 PM

I think I said before, but I've never rolled an Alliance. Could be fun but might take a long time.

We could go Horde, though. You as a Blood Elf, I'll go Undead (or Troll, etc.), and we can divvy up the rest however. I'm really open to anything.