Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Silver ✴ Rocket 06.02.2015 02:27 PM

ASMR Eating Chocolate Dipped Banana

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.02.2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!

can't frind the appropriate gif-- but i'm doing a little dance.

schizophrenicroom 06.03.2015 12:05 AM

shucks guys, thanks!

schizophrenicroom 06.03.2015 10:56 AM

i had twenty things to do today and have to skip because i was grinding my teeth in my sleep... fuck man. i'd rather stick an ice pick through my jaw than deal with this feeling.

schizophrenicroom 06.03.2015 10:57 AM

did you guys see they found blood vessels essentially connecting the central nervous system and lymphatic system? apparently they were stumbled upon in the lab and it'll create a ton of new research in the field of immune diseases

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.03.2015 06:56 PM

trying to buy tickets to fly to Portland for the summer.. why is today the day that SouthWest website having such unbelievable one day only deals that the traffic has shut down the server?? It especially sucks because they don't even have any deals to Portland so its just fucking me out of getting my tickets??

I knew I should have just swooped on em yesterday on my lunch break when I was checking it all out..

Fuckers better not have bought the only cheap PDX tickets when I get on tomorrow

!@#$%! 06.03.2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
trying to buy tickets to fly to Portland for the summer.. why is today the day that SouthWest website having such unbelievable one day only deals that the traffic has shut down the server?? It especially sucks because they don't even have any deals to Portland so its just fucking me out of getting my tickets??

I knew I should have just swooped on em yesterday on my lunch break when I was checking it all out..

Fuckers better not have bought the only cheap PDX tickets when I get on tomorrow

first world problems! just ghetto up and take the fucking greyhound.

what's just 3 days shitting in a giant shit bucket at the back?

slosh slosh slosh

===

PS- i found out the greyhound express puts you there in 23 hours for $120.

i fucking love greyhound ha ha ha. i can't explain why. it's like-- i don't know. the real america.

for $5 extra you get to board early & pick a seat! i like the one to the right of the driver where you see the moving panorama.

José! Can you see?
By the dawn's early light
what so proudly we hailed
as my awesome fake green card.

Bytor Peltor 06.03.2015 10:02 PM

This has my vote as post of the year :D
(I was thinking the same thing)

Quote:

first world problems! just ghetto up and take the fucking greyhound.

what's just 3 days shitting in a giant shit bucket at the back?

slosh slosh slosh

===

PS- i found out the greyhound express puts you there in 23 hours for $120.

i fucking love greyhound ha ha ha. i can't explain why. it's like-- i don't know. the real america.

for $5 extra you get to board early & pick a seat! i like the one to the right of the driver where you see the moving panorama.

José! Can you see?
By the dawn's early light
what so proudly we hailed
as my awesome fake green card.

schizophrenicroom 06.03.2015 10:23 PM

i have like 500 miles for free on greyhound with all the up and down florida i did a few years back. a little worn out on it, but the new buses aren't that bad, really.

butttt, good news. your girl schizo took the online jeopardy test last month, and got invited today to an in person audition next month.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.04.2015 12:59 AM

Fuck all that mess.. the flight is cheap and worth the extra money, ive driven up and down California and Oregon, i fly now. Ive taken that 35 hour train, drove it in one swoop, drove it in sections for days, took the coast in an RV, went up through the desert.. i get there in less than 4 hours now.

schizophrenicroom 06.04.2015 01:19 AM

yeah, i guess if i had desert to pass, i'd fly too.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.04.2015 01:36 AM

Oh, the desert and coast are out of the way. Im just pointinv out if taken every possible ground route and mode of transport, i earned my wings yo.

Don't get me wrong i love the entirety of California and most of Oregon, but i aint got time to spend all my vacation on the road, flying can save as much as 4 days

schizophrenicroom 06.04.2015 01:50 AM

If I end up making jeopardy hopefully I can make an extended trip and see my family out there. Shit, I'll be in LA primarily.

schizophrenicroom 06.04.2015 01:51 AM

I've done the same with my state. Central FLA is huuuuge. Amd boring as fuck. The crazies dwell between orla do and west palm.

Rob Instigator 06.04.2015 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
did you guys see they found blood vessels essentially connecting the central nervous system and lymphatic system? apparently they were stumbled upon in the lab and it'll create a ton of new research in the field of immune diseases

link needed for nerd-brain inputs.......

schizophrenicroom 06.04.2015 11:21 AM

http://time.com/3906771/brain-immune...ience-disease/

!@#$%! 06.04.2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

WAT! i completely missed that the first time around!

this was JUST DISCOVERED

and yet the washington post's headlines are only about the presidential horseraces (lol republicans)

thanks for the great news.

wait now i also spotted you're testing for jeopardy! ha ha ha awesome! good for you!

schizophrenicroom 06.04.2015 01:38 PM

thanks dude! i'm so excited/nervous, mostly because i dont have any pithy anecdotes really to share... i'm going to be home that week so it's literally a car ride across the state so i guess i'll have time to come up with some that day. it's a 2 hour audition, apparently. AHHH! it's my dream to make it to tournament of champions.

and yeah, this discovery blows my mind. so many immune problems now make sense.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.04.2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

If I end up making jeopardy hopefully I can make an extended trip and see my family out there. Shit, I'll be in LA primarily.

If you makw jeopardy PM me, we'll link up and share Heat war stories.. i can recommend you some mind blowing day trips including using public transport

schizophrenicroom 06.04.2015 03:19 PM

hell yeah! it'll be in most likely a year from now, haha, but definitely. did you see about wade and the contract woes? oh boy. he wants 20 million a year, i think the heat want to offer 10...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.04.2015 05:11 PM

Nobody gonna give Wade $20million and Heat simply ain't got that Lakers money to give himnthe Kobe deal.. its kabuki theater, Wade stays in Wade County.. then again i totally thought Lebron was staying too...

schizophrenicroom 06.04.2015 05:23 PM

they gotta come up with a good deal for whiteside, too... shit.

schizophrenicroom 06.04.2015 05:24 PM

i was supposed to work 5-9:30, and now it's 7:30... so fuck man, i came to the library on campus to eat shit for a few hours, it's turned into an all day thing. i have a list of books to read next time i'm here now, at least. fuck summer hours.

gmku 06.04.2015 06:49 PM

I don't get it.

Quote:

i was supposed to work 5-9:30, and now it's 7:30... so fuck man, i came to the library on campus to eat shit for a few hours, it's turned into an all day thing. i have a list of books to read next time i'm here now, at least. fuck summer hours.

gmku 06.04.2015 06:50 PM

Man, do I need some rest. A good night's sleep. Tired tonight.

gmku 06.04.2015 07:15 PM

But hey... got called for a job interview today. This one is at the U of Ioway. Woo hoo. Trippin'. Now I just gotta stay cool and not blow it this time.

schizophrenicroom 06.04.2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I don't get it.

I was supposed to work five hours today and it was more like 2 and a half... I hang out at the library across the street from my job before my shift usually, and ended up spending four or five hours there killing time. I need the hours which totally sucks.

Congrats on the interview!

gmku 06.04.2015 09:16 PM

Oh, that does suck. Sorry about that.

And thank you. We'll see how it goes. I'm trying not to stress out about it.

schizophrenicroom 06.05.2015 12:16 AM

youll do great, just go in and be yourself.

!@#$%! 06.05.2015 12:28 AM

Quote:

But hey... got called for a job interview today. This one is at the U of Ioway. Woo hoo. Trippin'. Now I just gotta stay cool and not blow it this time.

your old stomping grounds!

you know everyone there already. relax!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.05.2015 12:39 AM

I say go in fucking like Motley Crue wasted and let your CV do all the talking

rebeccagotcursedout 06.05.2015 04:05 AM

you guys like it when I delete shit. I get that " what tha fucks up with this guy vibe".

the nasty shit is sometimes too nasty. sorry guys.

it's like, "poor guy, he must have broke up with his girlfriend or really addicted to crack".:D

gmku 06.05.2015 05:49 AM

Quote:

your old stomping grounds!

you know everyone there already. relax!

I may have to decline it, though. I re-read the job description and it doesn't sound like me. It's all PR/spokesperson kinds of stuff, little publicaitons work. Meh. Damn.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 06.05.2015 11:41 AM

Fuck that bus shit, it was only $50 more to fly?? 3 hours no plane change vs 24 hours on the bus?? No brainer... just got my tickets from Southwest

schizophrenicroom 06.05.2015 03:19 PM

Neither here nor there but young Orson Welles was fiiiine

gmku 06.05.2015 08:02 PM

Reversal. Great prescreening phone call today. I want this job! I think they really want me too.

schizophrenicroom 06.05.2015 09:46 PM

aw man, i hope you get it!! that's so awesome, dude

gmku 06.06.2015 07:19 AM

Thanks! Very excited about this. I was told this on the phone: "So, HR tells me that I can't offer you an invitation to a formal interview until after the 18th. So, let's say we interview you after the 18th, and then, if everything works out, on the 22nd we'd offer you the job. How soon could you start?"

Wowsers.

Timing is incredible. We're moving to I.C. on July 1. I was going to have to start doing a longish drive commute to my current job. If this comes through, no more commute--just a short bus ride or a longish walk.

gmku 06.06.2015 08:27 AM

Why does Genteel Death keep negative repping me?

!@#$%! 06.06.2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Why does Genteel Death keep negative repping me?

maybe it's the internet equivalent of "break a leg!"

so, break a leg