Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

shabbray2.0 07.17.2010 03:51 PM

really?
never saw it by myself. how to do it?

noisereductions 07.17.2010 03:55 PM

Viewing a spectrogram of the second track, with the frequency axis in a logarithmic scale, reveals hidden images of James' face that were apparently synthesized as sound by Aphex Twin for the express purpose of being discovered in this manner. It is one of the few instances of an artist "embedding" images into his music (see also: Interlace - Innuendo, Venetian Snares - Songs About My Cats, Nine Inch Nails - The Warning and My Violent Heart) . A spectrogram of the first track, "Windowlicker", also reveals a spiral at the end of the song. This spiral is more impressive when viewed with an X-Y scatter graph, X and Y being the amplitudes of the L and R channels, which shows expanding and contracting concentric circles and spirals.

shabbray2.0 07.17.2010 03:57 PM

^^thats completely insane. imagine viewing this by coincidence

noisereductions 07.17.2010 03:59 PM

haha I know!

here's the VSnares one:

"Look", consists of what sounds like filtered static, that reveals several pictures of Funk's cats when put through a spectrogram program. [1]

shabbray2.0 07.17.2010 04:00 PM

thats even cooler then ATs one

noisereductions 07.17.2010 04:01 PM

word.

I like AFX, but I'm a much bigger VSnares fan. All round.

Ghostchase 07.17.2010 04:11 PM

Your RE:2 Special Edition is beautiful.

I'm thinking about finally playing/just buying Viewtiful Joe. Any fans of that game here?

noisereductions 07.17.2010 04:17 PM

Viewtiful Joe looks incredible. But I didn't actually enjoy playing it.

shabbray2.0 07.17.2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Viewtiful Joe looks incredible. But I didn't actually enjoy playing it.

hahaha exactly. almost anything about that game is perfect, except the gameplay. I know a lot think its perfect too, but not me. I like challenging games, even more then the ones which are too easy, but this is something like a jump n beat game which looks awesome but plays mediocre

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
Your RE:2 Special Edition is beautiful.

I wish someone with too much money would think the same, hrhrhr
but I agree its def one of the prettier collectors editions through and through from the packaging to the content

noisereductions 07.17.2010 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
hahaha exactly. almost anything about that game is perfect, except the gameplay. I know a lot think its perfect too, but not me. I like challenging games, even more then the ones which are too easy, but this is something like a jump n beat game which looks awesome but plays mediocre

word. Actually playing it is such a letdown compared to seeing pictures of it, or watching the intro movie.

shabbray2.0 07.17.2010 05:01 PM

yes, I thought something is wrong with me, hahahah
I saw some videos of it, read some reviews which were all over the top. purchased both games for the gamecube and forced myself through part 1. after that I never thought about playing part 2, its still sealed

noisereductions 07.17.2010 05:24 PM

hey it is what it is... and remember, I'm a bigtime Capcom fan. They're way way way up there for me. I wish I could find a t-shirt of the Capcom logo. Y'know the yellow letters with blue border? Just saying.

shabbray2.0 07.17.2010 06:07 PM

definately, but nothing easier then to do it by yourself!!!!

this one right? easy vectorization work. to get it properly done around 1 - 2 hours, if not less. after that colors, size etc. doesnt matter, do what you want with it. it owuld also be possible to let it sewed (right word) to a shirt, which would look badass, I think!
any experience with adobe illustrator?
I the workspaces in my university werent closed over summer, I could even silkscreen print it, to add some artistic flavour.
note to me: make yourself a silkscreen printed sonic shirt before getting your degree, hahaha

I want a Sega shirt, but sega turns out to be a crappy company in the last decade after they fired all the cool guys, so I would worship the wrong people with that.

atsonicpark 07.17.2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostchase
I'm thinking about finally playing/just buying Viewtiful Joe. Any fans of that game here?

I loved it. You can get it for a few bucks I'm sure. It's really simple and easy to get through, so you won't be coming back to it a lot. That whole studio's output was good. I even liked God Hand. But, of course, Okami is one of the best games ever.

noisereductions 07.17.2010 08:59 PM

^yes you can get it for a few bucks. Literally. I believe the going rate at Gamestop is $2.99 for Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2.

noisereductions 07.17.2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabbray2.0
definately, but nothing easier then to do it by yourself!!!!

this one right? easy vectorization work. to get it properly done around 1 - 2 hours, if not less. after that colors, size etc. doesnt matter, do what you want with it. it owuld also be possible to let it sewed (right word) to a shirt, which would look badass, I think!
any experience with adobe illustrator?
I the workspaces in my university werent closed over summer, I could even silkscreen print it, to add some artistic flavour.
note to me: make yourself a silkscreen printed sonic shirt before getting your degree, hahaha

I want a Sega shirt, but sega turns out to be a crappy company in the last decade after they fired all the cool guys, so I would worship the wrong people with that.

YES! Look how badass that logo is. Heart.

Pax Americana 07.18.2010 11:10 AM

Just started Final Fantasy 13.

shabbray2.0 07.18.2010 05:23 PM

after playing Flower Sun and Rain for the third time through I am on a major grasshopper trip. so I am playing through contact for the second time now. anybody got this too, and want to exchange some friendship codes? I wanna de-lock wifi island on that game!!!

space 07.19.2010 07:16 AM

plan to get 2 DS's. want ideas of good games that can be played with them linked.

do they link by internal wifi or do I need a cord to do it?

please be HALP making. I'm a nintendo newb.

shabbray2.0 07.19.2010 08:25 AM

no cable needed. but with a ds you can only play ds games with two or more people.
GBA games wont work in multiplayer.

highly recommended for DS muliplayer:

Mario kart
mario party
Castlevania (forgot which part)
Animal Crossing (can be fun)
New Super Mario Brothers and // or Mario 64 DS (the minigames on it are hilarious in bigger groups

these games you can get evrywhere, but there are a lot more playworthy ones!

these are for the start. be aware that you can play some games up to 16 players...but most of them are up to 4 players. and for some you only need one actual gamecartridge, the others can download the data from the host DS in the wi-fi network you created with it.