Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Unpopular Musical Opinions (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=972)

TheDom 04.17.2006 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Signpost
Pink Floyd since The Dark Side Of The Moon are crap

Yeah.
Dark Side is a very good album, though.

HaydenAsche 04.17.2006 05:55 PM

Devandra Bernhardt is fantastic. Marc Bolan rip-off or not.

marleypumpkin 04.17.2006 10:10 PM

C'mon guys. It's called "The Wall". It's one of the greatest albums of all-time.
I can't believe all the Pink Floyd bashing in this forum.
But, after "The Wall', Pink Floyd did go downhill from there.
That goes to show the musical genious of Roger Waters.

schizophrenicroom 04.17.2006 10:12 PM

i prefer pussy galore's exile on main street to the stones'. it is better.

dietzer123 04.17.2006 11:26 PM

honestly i don't hate the stones music. it's the fact that they epitomize a band that's sold out bothers me. i find them to be annoying douche bags as individuals with no sense of dignity or pride who deserve a beating.

marleypumpkin 04.17.2006 11:29 PM

Very well put Dietzer123. Couldn't have said it better myself.

John Violence 04.17.2006 11:36 PM

Every album Pink Floyd has ever done fucking sucks except for Animals. I also will die a happy man if I never hear that money song again.

marleypumpkin 04.18.2006 12:08 AM

I can understand how "Money" would start to get on people's nerves, but I love Pink Floyd. & there isn't anyhting you can say to stop me from loving this group. "Animals" does kick ass BTW.

SolidGoldHell 04.18.2006 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
i prefer pussy galore's exile on main street to the stones'. it is better.

Right on!

sonicl 04.18.2006 06:41 AM

Devendra Banhart has overstayed his welcome by about three and a half albums.

sonicl 04.18.2006 06:42 AM

If Kurt Cobain hadn't martyred himself, Nirvana would be playing third on the bill at a Don't Look Back show sometime in the coming weeks.

sonicl 04.18.2006 06:43 AM

And Girls Aloud's last two albums are cool.

Glice 04.18.2006 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
And Girls Aloud's last two albums are cool.

This is the truth.

Also, Avril Lavigne has done two albums with no bad songs, which, in terms of consistent quality, makes her better than Nirvana, who had three proper albums and not a one of them was good all the way through.

jon boy 04.18.2006 06:50 AM

pink floyd make me feel very bad.

RdTv 04.18.2006 08:01 AM

here we go:
1.bright eyes are horrible
2.hair police is better than wolf eyes
3.smashiong pumpkins went downhill after gish
4.the beatles are way overrated
5.the rolling stones are way overrated
6.the rza has gone downhill in the past 4 or 5 yrs
7.SY's worst record was NYC G&F followed by diRty
8.radiohead's newer stuff is better than old stuff (kid a>the bends)
9.tv on the radio are way underrated
10. SY's lyrics are sometimes reaching at best to be poetic and they should do more instrumental tracks.
11.bob dylan wrote good music/lyrics
12.underground funk from the 60/70's is way underrated/underrappreciated
13.buckethead/ccbbb/zillatron sucks
14.black metal is horrible
15.and the whole myspace thing is the worst idea ever, maybe only good for bands but it has become a monster out of control.

Glice 04.18.2006 09:09 AM

Smashing Pumkins actually went downhill before Gish. The whole act of recording things and happening in the public eye is what ruined them. I wouldn't find the very name repulsive if they had've had the good sense to not be a band and stayed in the dead-end office jobs they were destined for.

Everyneurotic 04.18.2006 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
This is the truth.

Also, Avril Lavigne has done two albums with no bad songs, which, in terms of consistent quality, makes her better than Nirvana, who had three proper albums and not a one of them was good all the way through.

wow, someone else that thinks that!!! avril's two albums are way good, i'm sort of sick of them because i can't separate her image from her music just now, but once that fades out, i will go back to enjoying her albums.

and to clarify my devendra statement. i love rejoice the hands, actually that's the first "folk" album i liked all the way and turned me to really listen to other stuff and appreciate them for what they are (like fursaxa and six organs of admittance, which i love now). but cripple crow i thought was great the first couple of times i heard it, but now it has become stale and boring for me.

sonicl 04.18.2006 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
and to clarify my devendra statement. i love rejoice the hands, actually that's the first "folk" album i liked all the way and turned me to really listen to other stuff and appreciate them for what they are (like fursaxa and six organs of admittance, which i love now). but cripple crow i thought was great the first couple of times i heard it, but now it has become stale and boring for me.

I saw DB supporting Michael Gira at a fairly intimate venue in London a while after Oh Me Oh My came out, and it was such an incredible live experience that I rushed straight to the merch stall and bought the CD, but it didn't take all that long for the freaky novelty to wear off. If I saw him at a small venue again I'm sure it would still be good, but the idea of him playing to a couple of thousand people in a fairly large venue is ridiculous.

krastian 04.18.2006 01:25 PM

God I wish I would stop looking into these threads.

RIPfrey05 04.18.2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krastian
God I wish I would stop looking into these threads.

Amen..im gonna go start a US maple thread.. cause they rock.
BTW-in utero is good all the wya through as is incestacide.
PUBIC GLICE
4444HHH
1337:fuckyou: