Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Rave About Something That Makes You Happy (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=118557)

d.sound 11.03.2020 04:56 AM

It went well. I'm drifting in and out of sleep, listening to the first Neu album.
I'm in a fuck ton of pain.

choc e-Claire 11.03.2020 05:04 AM

I'm so happy for you, yay!

In similar news: shaved most of my body, took a bath and took some nudes, and feeling fairly good about myself. Last day of high school tomorrow, so I'll wear a skirt so I can say I at least had the experience.

h8kurdt 11.03.2020 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by d.sound
It went well. I'm drifting in and out of sleep, listening to the first Neu album.

Good going. Took some balls to do what you've done (ooh matron!). Here's to a decent recovery.

Perfect album choice too.

Antagon 11.03.2020 07:26 AM

Quote:

Congrats for going through with it. That's some wholesome news in pretty rough times. Wish you all the best :)

_slavo_ 11.03.2020 07:45 AM

I'm doing great!
Can be home in Slovakia again for indefinite time and work remotely.

And another thing - almost our whole country has been tested last weekend. 3,8 mil of out 5 mil people got flat out tested during 2 days. Around 1% sickness rate has been revealed.
I'm kind of proud of my people that they came and got tested.

_slavo_ 11.03.2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

so, can I be intrusive and ask what specifically they did to you? this was a surgical gender transition?

d.sound 11.03.2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
so, can I be intrusive and ask what specifically they did to you? this was a surgical gender transition?

They turned my outie to an innie. :D

choc e-Claire 11.04.2020 12:17 AM

Last day of high school today, so I had plenty of fun getting signatures on my shirt, taking it all in, enjoying being with friends for the last time. And wearing a skirt!

And then came home to my new LP of A Thousand Leaves, signed by the big T. :)

!@#$%! 11.04.2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

They turned my outie to an innie. :D

hah! congrats on aligning body and mind. feels good eh?

d.sound 11.04.2020 12:57 PM

Really painful right now! It's a years long journey of hormone therapy, name change, and other steps to help with the dysphoria. This is just another aspect. Body wise I am much happier. I still have a lot of dysphoria about my voice but I'm practicing.
I'm not going to be able to walk for a while and it's going to be 12 weeks before I can have sex!

Congrats on graduation claire!

Antagon 11.17.2020 01:57 PM

Getting really close to finishing the writing process of that mini-novel I started back in September. I almost can't believe it.

_slavo_ 11.19.2020 07:02 AM

- Homeoffice
- Staying in Slovakia but receiving Swiss money
- Being close to my wife and kid
- And, weirdly enough ... I like this 'new normal' (social distancing, face masks, much quieter streets)

EVOLghost 11.29.2020 10:04 AM

The warmth of my my pets as we lay in bed.

Watching them sleep peacefully fills me with peace.

choc e-Claire 11.29.2020 10:40 PM

Spent over a thousand dollars today, mostly on a new phone but also on a bunch of fem outfits.

Antagon 12.24.2020 02:08 AM

For what it's worth, I just spent the whole night editing a pre-recorded video I'll be streaming today and got to spin a tight set. There were moments when this felt like back when I was spinning for a physical audience. It was my first glimpse of normalcy in a while. If anything, I proved to myself that hidden somewhere deep below layers of anger, sadness and utter resignation towards the creativity-killing bottomless pit that is this year, I still have a bit of lust for that sort of life. There may not have been an audience present, but I knew this will go out for people to see and that invigorated me.

d.sound 12.24.2020 08:15 AM

Live streaming is more fun than pre recorded.

Antagon 12.24.2020 08:58 AM

Quote:

Live streaming is more fun than pre recorded.

Agreed. But I'm not equipped to livestream. I could livestream from my tablet, but my tablet isn't compatible with the DJ software I'm using. I'd need to get a new webcam. And getting a hold of those has been a bit of a hassle this year - everyone and their grandparents were looking for them. Right now, the cheaper options are always out of stock quickly. Plus, it was a very spontaneous decision to do this stream. It was easier to just pre-record it. Plus: I got to have dynamic cinematography now with the three cameras I used (DSLR, phone and tablet) from different angles and proximities. :D

a baby in 1980 12.24.2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
I tidied up my desktop. Might sound stupid, but it's a huge step for me in theese days.

Love the poster!

tesla69 01.05.2021 08:19 AM

Bum fights.

tesla69 01.05.2021 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
hmy body, took a bath and took some nudes, and feeling fairly good about myself. Last day of high school tomorrow, so I'll wear a skirt so I can say I at least had the experience.

so tell the list who messaged you privately about this.

choc e-Claire 01.05.2021 06:18 PM

dude - I'm 18, I can do what I want. and I've only sent them to a couple of people, close friends I trust.

You don't have to be such a prude.

Antagon 03.17.2021 07:56 PM

For what it's worth, Spring's supposed to be round the corner (someone oughta let it know). And as soon as it really hits, Imma take the express train to the city limits and go wandering in the sleepy vastness of no-man's land, where I pretty much have the streets to myself. Got myself a new role of Portra 400. And I'm itching to shoot that fucker.

Antagon 03.31.2021 08:46 AM

The temperatures hit the low 70s (low 20s for my fellow Celsians) for the first time this year, yesterday and the sun didn't budge. Had that sweet serotonin fix for the first time in months and it was awesome.

EVOLghost 04.03.2021 07:40 PM

I think winter is finally over in Chicago.

Antagon 04.05.2021 07:42 AM

Just saw a thread where some dude advocated for a mass meet-up in a town that hosted the world's biggest Goth fashion circle jerk each year (I mean, there's music too, but it really isn't about that), given that "everyone gets tested every 48 hours". I expected a back and forth between anti-maskers, armchair scientists, conspiracy theorists and actually sensible people. To my surprise though, pretty much all of the comments chastised the OP and told him to stay the fuck home. That restored just a tiny bit of faith in humanity.

!@#$%! 04.05.2021 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
Just saw a thread where some dude advocated for a mass meet-up in a town that hosted the world's biggest Goth fashion circle jerk each year (I mean, there's music too, but it really isn't about that), given that "everyone gets tested every 48 hours". I expected a back and forth between anti-maskers, armchair scientists, conspiracy theorists and actually sensible people. To my surprise though, pretty much all of the comments chastised the OP and told him to stay the fuck home. That restored just a tiny bit of faith in humanity.

much credit to the goth contingent

Antagon 04.18.2021 09:33 PM

Her name is Boo. She is my sister's cat. And she's absolutely delightful. Incredibly shy at first, but if she likes someone, she can be a big, purry lovebug. Generally a very lovely cat. She also constantly underestimates her size and strength. She's unusually large and has a very muscular build, seems to think of herself as a tiny kitten though. Her meows are short and very high-pitched and she constantly tries to make herself appear more dainty. Today, she tried to gracefully leap onto the couch from high up on a shelf. The impact made her bounce forward a considerable bit, hitting a glass of cola on the low table in front of it, spilling some of its contents. Afterwards, she had that signature "It wasn't me, you didn't see that" look on her face. Ah, Boo. Never change, you enormous tiny little kitten :D

_slavo_ 04.22.2021 07:27 AM

currently this:

and this:

unbelievable sound coming from these new beauties.

greenlight 05.03.2021 03:02 AM

is it your new home sound?

greenlight 05.03.2021 03:02 AM

greenlight 05.03.2021 03:03 AM