Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Godspeed You! Black Emperor curate ATP 2010 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39326)

Genteel Death 11.30.2010 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
Bollocks!
Country Teasers are clashing with Cluster as well... hadn't noticed that before.

I'm not going but am seeing a number of bands on the line up that are playing in town. Since Country Teasers have not planned any gigs nearer proper civilisation that I know of, I'm hoping they refuse to leave their chalets for the entire duration of the festival so nobody gets to see them.

Glice 11.30.2010 05:03 AM

You think London is proper civilisation? lol

EvdWee 11.30.2010 05:41 AM

sunday night after deerhoof: the awesome tapes.

cannot be better than jim sclavunos' closing set last year.

The Earl Of Slander 11.30.2010 07:55 AM

Pretty solid non-clashy schedule yeah. Only annoyance is that if I don't want to see Godspeed at 3 in the afternoon, which would seem a bit weird, I have miss either Phillip Jeck or Borbetomagus... Tough call.

The Earl Of Slander 11.30.2010 08:25 AM

Oh wait, even on the sunday they clash with Charlemagne Palestine! Fuck!

_slavo_ 11.30.2010 08:50 AM

I'm repeating myself, but this is one hell of an amazing line-up. Less time for drinking, more time for watching gigs = the healthy solution.

EvdWee 11.30.2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Oh wait, even on the sunday they clash with Charlemagne Palestine! Fuck!

Borbetomagus + nomeansno I really want to see
same for white magic + philip jeck

so probably charlemagne palestine is the one i will miss, sadly...

Glice 11.30.2010 09:02 AM

Palestine is a not-to-be-missed for me, and it'll be the 3rd time I've seen him. It's possible I might not even bother with Godspeed.

stu666 11.30.2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
I'm repeating myself, but this is one hell of an amazing line-up. Less time for drinking, more time for watching gigs = the healthy solution.

Yes.

plus it's give up smoking weather being this cold ;)

i might try to get to Bristol for Thursday night now if this snow keeps up. there's about 6" in my garden now.

Glice 11.30.2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
me neither.
i listened some today after many years..again i dont think i m a fan.
i ll choose friday for them - i will check them out live, even just a part.

there are bands that i care and a lot!, bands/musicians that i dont care at all..:o and today i was going through the bands/musicians i dont know much about. im very glad, i found out about 3 so far, that i think i m going to enjoy a lot: hangedup, nomeansno and john butcher.

Excellent. Well, you and I can smugly watch better things then. I'm a bit worried about Butcher - I'm sure he'll be great but I hope he has a quiet crowd.

EvdWee 11.30.2010 09:45 AM

we are coming from the netherlands by car. how are the main roads from dover -> bristol?

Glice 11.30.2010 09:51 AM

Icy. Are you going M20>M25>M4? Make sure you allow for stoppages on the M25. You're going in the 'off' direction, but it's still a fucker.

EvdWee 11.30.2010 10:00 AM

this is the third time we are doing this trip and we are driving through the night (departure at 4-5 am from dover), so last time we went smoothly past London.

our main concern is the icyness of the roads. will it still be possible to drive 112 km per hour?

Glice 11.30.2010 10:05 AM

Uh... I don't drive, but I wouldn't recommend it.The roads will be clear during the day but the motorways probably won't be gritted at that time of the morning. It's probably worth adding 30 minutes or more to your journey rather than risk finding some ice in the middle of the night driving fast when you're tired.

EvdWee 11.30.2010 10:43 AM

last year we arrived at 11am, so we have a large buffer (and 4 drivers).

the weather forecast says it will be -4 oC min. without snow, so we should be fine i guess...

blunderbuss 11.30.2010 12:55 PM

The sky may be fine, but apparently the M25 is littered with jacknifed lorries.

_slavo_ 11.30.2010 01:32 PM

is it too cold in the UK these days? i've seen some British peasants complaining about the snow on our local TV news channel so I guess I have to take weather into consideration :)

Glice 11.30.2010 01:45 PM

The South West is no-where near as bad, snow-wise, as other parts of the country. I'd recommend a beer-blanket, sturdy footwear and a proper man's attitude, and you'll be fine.

_slavo_ 11.30.2010 01:55 PM

i'm remembering last year, with sun, walking outside without a jacket and all that.

Glice 11.30.2010 02:01 PM

Revolutionary zeal, and whisky.