Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   In your collection, what album do hate most? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4956)

Toilet & Bowels 01.07.2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
This is a difficult question to answer, i've got about 2000 CDs, tapes, and records, the ones I've bought that I really didn't like are ones that I forget about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
There's a few of Thurston's noise things that I wonder why I bought them, but I can't say I hate them because I just don't bother to listen to them. I have plenty of shit hot stuff to play, why waste my time worrying about stuff that I'm just not that bothered about?

In Light of Blunderbuss's statement I have revised my opinion, the record I own that I hate the most is:
Thurston Moore - Please Just Leave Me My Paul Desmond

greedrex 01.07.2009 08:48 AM

i've never heard that one; but everybody hates it with passion; is it really that bad?? I thought it was more or less kind of "sensitive/lethal" sort of stuff-sounding, no?
is it even worse than TV SHIT?

Toilet & Bowels 01.07.2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greedrex
i've never heard that one; but everybody hates it with passion; is it really that bad?? I thought it was more or less kind of "sensitive/lethal" sort of stuff-sounding, no?
is it even worse than TV SHIT?

much worse than tv shit, haven't heard sensitive/lethal

greedrex 01.07.2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
much worse than tv shit, haven't heard sensitive/lethal

right, so that's recorded farts, i guess.:p cuz imo TV SHIT is really huh shitty.

lechaoscestmoi 01.07.2009 09:32 AM

from her to eternity. i bought it solely based on the cover and cuz someone told me it's his best album, and i love the boatman's call. but this is really not my thing, can't get into it.

Phlegmscope 01.07.2009 11:07 AM

Now that someone brought up that particular thurston moore fuck up (please leave me my... that is), it's my answer too.

In my book, just by being lame isn't enough to get an album a hate status. Thus, there's not many albums in my collection I honestly loathe. This gang of four album might be one though, I have to listen to it again to make a judgement.

Toilet & Bowels 01.07.2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greedrex
right, so that's recorded farts, i guess.

no, farts are at least funny.

joe11121 01.23.2009 09:16 PM

actually an album i hate even more is A Perfect Circle - Emotive... terrible. maybe one song is like 1/2 good? but yeah awful, awful album.

PAULYBEE2656 01.24.2009 10:09 AM

The Earl Of Slander 01.24.2009 03:09 PM

I have a whole load of albums I call the "regretful pile", which are remenants of my godawful taste from my early teen years, and that are so shitty and removed from what I listen to now that I don't think they really 'count'. Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Sum 41 and so on. Nothing original. Out of those however, one particular monstrosity always stands out, like a turd floating to the surface, and that is:

OPM - Forthemasses

The English language is simply insufficient to convey how brain rapingly awful this album is, but a sample section of the lyrics from the first single, 'Horny', may go some way to giving you an idea:

I keep on lookin' at her like I got game
"What's your sign girl what's your name?"
"Are you lookin' at me like I'm lookin' at you?"
Later on baby doll we'll be cookin' for two

Cuz girl's come and girls yes they go
I wish these girls would just let me know
Can I take you home to night
Is my future with you looking bright

All this conversating it's so frustrating
All this in-between waiting that comes along with dating
Masturbating would be just fine
We're just wasting time with these pick up lines

So this is what we're gonna do
You make it easy for me I'll make it easy for you
Just clap your hands just clap your hands
Just clap your hands if you're horny

If you're horny and you know it clap your hands
If you're horny and you know it clap your hands
If you're horny and you know it and you really want to show it
Well get on my lap and do a dance

Aside from that, in my 'proper' record collection, I'd probably have to say the one I actually have the closest to genuine hatred for would be John Martyn's 'Piece by Piece', as it represents to me a concentrated distillation of everything that was wrong with popular music in the 80s. Why in God's name would you want to put synths all over a John Martyn record? If I actually owned it, an even better example of the same principle would be Miles Davis' 'Aura'.

sarramkrop 01.25.2009 06:14 AM

Alles Uber Schizophrene - Endgame

Played it once, and put to rest.