Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY Gossip Fan Tribute Album - Volume 2 (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=14748)

nicfit 10.11.2007 08:27 AM

I think we should make a petition to have chabib make these threads stickied somewhere

Danny Himself 10.11.2007 08:43 AM

You'd have thought somebody would have told one of the band members about this, or that S.S. Beat Control would have seen it when lurking.. but yeah, try to send an email chabib's way maybe? Worse things have been stickied.

Volume three thread coming soon!

nicfit 10.11.2007 09:05 AM

Actually I wanted to wait till chabib's "return" (haven't seen him in a while on here), possibly after he finished editing 77boadrum :D ... but yes, this initiative is surely worth stickage, if not a very own section where Danny and I should have all the mod powers activated buaaa hah ah ah haaaaa <---- evil laughter.
Can you imagine a 3 cd "gossip tribute"compilation released through Ecstatic Peace :D ?? ha haaaaaaa sorry I'm overexcited coz I'm on a shopping spree.

Danny Himself 10.11.2007 09:12 AM

I like the sound of that! :)

tasteinmen 10.11.2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_buzzo
ooo i like tasteinmen's cover of green light

thanx :D it was fun to make, I think I'll definitely be contributing to vol.3

nicfit 10.13.2007 02:04 PM

weekend bump!

k-krack 10.13.2007 03:33 PM

I love the art haha.

Fuck man, I need to record a better version of a different song.
My abdn is really really lazy right now, no reason why,... just really busy with other shit. Hopefully we'll be able to do it for volume three...

nicfit 10.16.2007 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
I love the art haha.

PLEASE all you guys involved in vol.2 , ( except contre, chout, pork and all the others who contributed to vol.1 ) pm me a link to your myspace/band site/wathever to be included in the contributors' list.

Green_mind 10.16.2007 07:09 AM

They're both sounding awesome, surprisingly not much discussion or gossip about them yet.
I really enjoyed cantanky's 'within you, without out', did she do that all by her self? That looping psychedelic sound reminds me of the music played on the opening page of www.deadmeadow.com and that drum loop is pretty cool.
My favourite cover on the first volume is max and chout's 'screaming skull', well done on that, powerful guitars.

nicfit 10.16.2007 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green_mind
They're both sounding awesome, surprisingly not much discussion or gossip about them yet.

Yeah, actually we are (well, I am) not doing much to promote this thing, coz on the internet I read/write only on this forum and another little italian sy fans one... so, yeah, spread the word you blogosphere's gurus out there etc etc.
I bet that if chabib comes back and makes these threads stickied we would get more boarders interested.

Thanks for your appreciation, it's a pleasure to read nice comments on this project.

Danny Himself 10.16.2007 09:28 AM

Promoting this thing would be difficult. Hopefully enough bloggers lurk here- we know rolling stone reads this forum from time to time..

nicfit 10.19.2007 02:57 AM

Please contributors who did not send me a link to their site/myspace, wathever, do that soon, don't make me pm you one by one, my brain would melt. Thanks.
Added tasteinmen and contre's links, in the meantime, put the list in alphabetical order.

Mon1018 10.20.2007 05:23 AM

i haved sent a message to you. :)

nicfit 10.20.2007 05:32 AM

Hey! If you're talking to me, I'm sorry but I didn't get any message :confused::( (yet).
Btw, welcome to the board, even if the link in your sig is kinda spammish looking.

king_buzzo 10.20.2007 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Can you imagine a 3 cd "gossip tribute"compilation released through Ecstatic Peace :D ?? ha haaaaaaa sorry I'm overexcited coz I'm on a shopping spree.

hahah that would be so awesome

HECKLER SPRAY 10.22.2007 08:15 AM

:) I've just listen to your tribute, really good job, congratulations, guys !!!:)
All the covers are pretty cool. Greenlight and Mildred Pierce are my favourites.
Your tributes are getting better and better, that 's awesome.

nicfit 10.24.2007 09:03 AM

almost time to start a vol.3 thread, eh, danny?
thanks for bumping.
I can't bump this all the time, I'd look too possessive.

Danny Himself 10.24.2007 10:43 AM

Yeah I'll make the vol 3 thread later on. This thread is getting pretty fat!

nicfit 10.24.2007 10:49 AM

yessss, fatness is good in this case, and all with just 20 badongo dloads of vol.2 :D !
Dunno about the sharebee one.

Cantankerous 10.26.2007 04:28 PM

oh god my vocals are so flat
i think i was pretty sick though
now that i listen to mine i really don't like it