Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Nine Inch Nails (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=113725)

Severian 12.28.2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
yeah

No, but I do like NIN.

The ratio of high-quality NIN to low-quality NIN pales in comparison to that of high- to low-quality Sonic Youth.

Awesome as PHM, Broken, TDS and half of the Fragile are, the rest of the albums are only occasionally amazing. Sonic youth has, like, at least six absolutely fucking perfect records and zero records that aren’t at least 80% great.

It’s math.
But why compare them anyway?

Do love me some NIN though

Dr. Eugene Felikson 12.31.2018 12:08 PM

The proper answer was

"Bad Moon Rising"

Bad Moon Rising is my waifu.

Severian 12.31.2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

The proper answer was

"Bad Moon Rising"

Bad Moon Rising is my waifu.

T’what? When?

Dr. Eugene Felikson 12.31.2018 03:34 PM

hahahaha

love ya bud

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.02.2019 03:36 AM

I'm the one without a soul, I'm the one with this big fucking hole!!!

Severian 01.02.2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

I'm the one without a soul, I'm the one with this big fucking hole!!!

No new tale to tell, 26 years, on my way to hell

Severian 01.02.2019 07:45 AM

Gotta listen to your big-time, hard-line, bad luck, fist-fuck

Severian 01.13.2019 02:00 PM

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross did the score for “Bird Box” ...

Which, yes, is panned by critics or whatever but fuck it, it was fun, and I remember thinking “Sounds like NIN” during a few of the tense moments.

Peterpuff 01.16.2019 06:12 PM

Haha. I just learned about them doing Bird Box today, and came to see if it was being mentioned. I know it helped the vibe of the movie, but I have to admit that I not once noticed it and thought that to myself while watching. I feel sorta bad about it, but I also think it is a testament to how good they have become at doing what a soundtrack really should do...Provide atmosphere while not taking over.

This news actually really impressed me today.

Severian 01.16.2019 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Haha. I just learned about them doing Bird Box today, and came to see if it was being mentioned. I know it helped the vibe of the movie, but I have to admit that I not once noticed it and thought that to myself while watching. I feel sorta bad about it, but I also think it is a testament to how good they have become at doing what a soundtrack really should do...Provide atmosphere while not taking over.

This news actually really impressed me today.

Well, I didn’t know either... even though I think I learned about this a few weeks before Christmas and forgot because I did not yet know what Bird Box was.

I just got a “This is NINy” feeling ... especially during the end of the house segment.

But yeah, news to me too basically

choc e-Claire 02.14.2019 02:28 PM

I like it when musicians I like talk about other musicians I like.

choc e-Claire 04.23.2019 06:06 PM

Honestly, Year Zero is easily the best NIN record

Severian 04.23.2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Honestly, Year Zero is easily the best NIN record

Get out

choc e-Claire 04.23.2019 07:07 PM

Year Zero > The Fragile > The Downward Spiral > The Slip > Pretty Hate Machine > Broken > that recent trilogy in whatever order you please > Hesitation Marks > With Teeth > Ghosts I-IV

Bite me.

EDIT for clarification: Ghosts I-IV is only last because I'll never listen to it the whole way through

Severian 04.24.2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Year Zero > The Fragile > The Downward Spiral > The Slip > Pretty Hate Machine > Broken > that recent trilogy in whatever order you please > Hesitation Marks > With Teeth > Ghosts I-IV

Bite me.

EDIT for clarification: Ghosts I-IV is only last because I'll never listen to it the whole way through

You’re only saying that because you didn’t exist when Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine came out.

Funnt stuff, though.