Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Post a Picture of Yourself (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=139)

Rob Instigator 12.20.2007 12:26 PM

skinny women talking about losing weight is like hearing Warren Buffet tell Bill gates about how he could use a couple hundred thousand dollars more.

go eat something.

davenotdead 12.20.2007 12:52 PM

Im 5'10" 165, but I wear roller skates a lot, so Im usually around 6'2"...

Cantankerous 12.20.2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
I'm 6'4"

oh sweet jesus
hot slut

EMMAh 12.20.2007 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
skinny women talking about losing weight is like hearing Warren Buffet tell Bill gates about how he could use a couple hundred thousand dollars more.

go eat something.

Man, I eat so much. And I don't mean like like, three carrots is a lot, I mean like I could out eat a teenage boy any day haha. By the end of the day I have a pregnant women's stomach because I'm so full of food. If I don't eat a large amount every three hours or so I feel very sick. I probably have some kind of metabolic disorder haha. My point is though, I'm not starving. When I was ten pounds lighter, I still ate more than most people and was perfectly healthy.

Anngella 12.20.2007 04:40 PM

I'm like 5' 3" and about 140 lbs. It's all in my midsection. I wish I was more lanky. I need to lose weight but I'm far too lazy. Oh well.
I like being short because I'm so passive and I feel weird when I meet people who are super short because I feel so powerful over them and it's uncomfortable.
I also realized yesterday that it makes me uncomfortable when people stare directly into the camera when they sing. On YouTube videos and such.
I just had like 15+ Oreos. Godddd.

king_buzzo 12.20.2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anngella
directly into the camera when they sing. On YouTube videos and such.

yeah it is really annoying.

Rob Instigator 12.20.2007 04:52 PM

you know why it amkes you uncomfortable? you have grown up your entire life watching people on TV look just above the camera at a teleptomter instead of looking directly at the camera. most interviews, newscasts, reports, on the scene action, etc. uses prompters or cue cards and if you notice carefully you will see that noone ever loks directly at you, but slightly off camera so you cannot tell they are reading shit.
I think this affects people. everytuime I point it out to people when we are watching TV they are surprised because they never notice it.

gmku 12.20.2007 05:56 PM

So true. That's why so many "reporters" and newscasters wear tiny earphones--they're being fed information, even questions to ask, from the editors in the booth. They really are only talking heads.

Norma J 12.20.2007 06:01 PM

Yeah, but that's a given. Is it not?

Rob Instigator 12.20.2007 06:04 PM

not a given when people do not even notice and no one sees it.

Norma J 12.20.2007 06:06 PM

I thought it was fairly common knowledge.

The sheets of paper the newsdesk folk hold rarely has anything on it. Just props.

Rob Instigator 12.20.2007 06:10 PM

I was talking in relation to anngela's statement that youtube clips where people look directly at the camera weird her out.

Norma J 12.20.2007 06:14 PM

Yeah, I know what you were talking about. I was referring to the comment under your post.

m1rr0r dash 12.20.2007 06:45 PM

my friends and i camping in western PA mountains

i'm on the far right. ben's on the far left, gareth's in the middle.

my friend gareth:

his friend victoria?

and myself:

m1rr0r dash 12.20.2007 07:09 PM

our campsite with victoria on the left. ben center.

Anngella 12.20.2007 07:50 PM

Yeah, I know that nobody on TV does it and I know that's probably why it weirds me out (wow, I rule at English..). It's also probably due to the fact that I can't make eye contact with people very well.

m1rr0r dash, those are really rad pictures.

m1rr0r dash 12.20.2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anngella
Yeah, I know that nobody on TV does it and I know that's probably why it weirds me out (wow, I rule at English..). It's also probably due to the fact that I can't make eye contact with people very well.

m1rr0r dash, those are really rad pictures.

thanks anngella. happy holidays so far?:rolleyes:

Dead-Air 12.20.2007 10:47 PM

By request, another shot that doesn't hid my face. Not exactly...

Alex's Trip 12.20.2007 11:03 PM

My kitty looks like yours!

dionysusundone 12.20.2007 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luxinterior
A semi-recent picture. I have since chopped off most of my hair. I have bangs now. It's the same sort of haircut that Madonna had when her hair was short.

The reflection of our light fixture makes it look like I'm wearing a crown.

Also, to participate in the current conversation topic, I don't care if a guy is tall. I'm only about 5'5 and it's great when they are around that height. It's not really a big deal. What I don't like is when I'm made to feel much smaller than I am by a tall guy. And I don't just mean in the actual difference between our heights. Perhaps a lot of tall guys tend to gravitate toward shorter girls because they like the feeling of being tall and in control, and having someone small and helpless to take care of. That just won't fly with me, unfortunately. So yes, shorter guys are more attractive, I believe.

Fucking sexy bitch in style and substance. Yes.