Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

PAULYBEE2656 01.04.2008 06:15 AM

pirates of the carribean- worlds end...

love it! i sorry its not very arthousey but man its a good flick!

Florya 01.04.2008 08:56 AM

I've watched a few DVDs over Xmas - Hostel 1 and 2 (unpleasant), Control (good), Resident Evil Extinction (same old same old), Deathproof & Planet Terror (excellent! Planet Terror being the better of the two).

Rob Instigator 01.04.2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ✌➬
God me and the loverboy went to see this movie. I was bored by the first scene. never date a person who is into musicals. Did you see the Previews to Mama Mia? That looked awful as well.

holy shit I had no idea they were making a movie out of that shit musical Mama Mia until I saw that trailer.

the moment the trailer finished some older guy in the back of the theatre said loudly "You'd have to shoot me!"

hilarious.

sweeney toddddddd sucks!

Rob Instigator 01.04.2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by █████████
i'm sorry but that thinking is pretty dumb

that might explain why you like overrated turds like schindler's list
it's not the subject of the movie that makes it good or bad

what is dumb about despising watching a 2 hour movie about people you actively HATE?
movies are entertainment and nothing entertains me less than when it concerns an entire movie full of people who are worthless humans.

Rob Instigator 01.04.2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Speaking of stand up's, I watched Eddie Murphy's Delirious last night. Now that guy is funny.

I also watched For you consideration. Nowhere near as good as Mighty Wind or Best In show.

for your.. was not too good.

the best is WAITING FOR GUFFMAN

h8kurdt 01.04.2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
for your.. was not too good.

the best is WAITING FOR GUFFMAN

I only discovered about waiting for Guffman last night. I have to watch that!!

Just finished watching Blade Runner (finally), it ruled.

nicfit 01.04.2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Just finished watching Blade Runner (finally), it ruled.

Which ending?

█████████ 01.04.2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

what is dumb about despising watching a 2 hour movie about people you actively HATE?
movies are entertainment and nothing entertains me less than when it concerns an entire movie full of people who are worthless humans.

it's dumb to say a movie is bad just because you dont identify yourself with the characters.

Rob Instigator 01.04.2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by █████████
it's dumb to say a movie is bad just because you dont identify yourself with the characters.

that is not what I said at al. I said the characters are unlikeable. that has nothing to do with whether I identify with any of them. I could care less about anything that happens to them.

█████████ 01.04.2008 02:34 PM

[quote=Rob Instigator]that is not what I said at al. I said the characters are unlikeable. [quote]

same thing.

why is a movie bad just because the characters are "worthless humans"?

actually that might be pretty appealling.

does a movie need to have heroes or likeable characters to be good?

Rob Instigator 01.04.2008 02:42 PM

again, you are making up so much shit.

I hated the movie gummo and the movie kids because I hated each and everyone of the characters. I wished that they would all die to spare me the nausea of watching their pitiful pathetic lives unfold. it is not entertaining! that is it!

a mo vie has to have characters who draw me to them enough for me to care what happens to them.

nicfit 01.04.2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

I wished that they would all die...
a mo vie has to have characters who draw me to them enough for me to care what happens to them.

then those worked ::D:p

Rob Instigator 01.04.2008 04:32 PM

it is all personal taste, you know.

same reason I could not stand Saw or cook thief wife and lover, etc.

_slavo_ 01.04.2008 06:25 PM

I just got back from the cinema, I went out to see American Gangster.

Man, it was such a GREAT MOVIE !!! I loved it absolutely.

h8kurdt 01.04.2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Which ending?

The final cut one. As in they go into an elevator and that's it. I wanna see what it's like with the narration.

h8kurdt 01.05.2008 11:29 AM

Not that great to be honest.

ALIEN ANAL 01.05.2008 11:32 AM

ALIEN
it was cool to see a sci fi alien movie from the 80s not be stupid and over the top
this movie was near silent, and heck when ripley took her gear off at the end and was just in underwear..hot stuff

h8kurdt 01.05.2008 12:17 PM

Have you not seen the other ones?

Aliens is made of sex. The directors cut of Alien 3 is great and Resurrection is just about bearble.

ALIEN ANAL 01.05.2008 12:21 PM

i have seen them all i think but when i was much younger, so im gonna re watch 1 and 2, not going to bother with the rest as i remember them more

Alien and Aliens i hear is comparable to 28 days/weeks later..the first being good and suspensful but more quiet and personal..where as the second is just as good but more hardcore

█████████ 01.05.2008 12:41 PM