Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Acoustic “Starpower” on Gossip Girl (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33642)

DanielCarlson 10.13.2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
Shall I skip everything till I spot the guys or is it kinda fun to watch, especially considering I never watched an episode in my whole life?

http://videogum.com/archives/recaps/..._l_095241.html

Just watch the video in there, it doesn't seem to be a series worth wasting yr time at. ;)

nicfit 10.13.2009 02:44 PM

yeh, seems the most reasonable thing to do after all...
p.s. the link in your post is broken, I guess you copied the "compressed" one from moshe's post :D, the full one is this (just in case someone hops in in this page and doesn't feel like browsing back):

http://videogum.com/archives/recaps/..._l_095241.html

DanielCarlson 10.13.2009 02:46 PM

Ooops, thanks! :)

loubarret 10.13.2009 03:03 PM

I secertely like Gossip Girl in all it's mindblowing easy goingness.

nicfit 10.13.2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loubarret
I secretely like Gossip Girl in all it's mindblowing easy goingness.

nice subtle hint for future cameos ;)

tasteinmen 10.13.2009 03:09 PM

i wonder if people who downloaded starpower on itunes after watching the show are completely shocked by what they hear...

loubarret 10.13.2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
nice subtle hint for future cameos ;)

I hope so. That would be even more awsome.

SonicBebs 10.13.2009 03:36 PM

thats the first time i'd seen that. sounded fantastic except for all the dickheads talking over it.

Sonic Youth definatly need to do an acoustic album. would be so good

icybluejeans 10.13.2009 03:59 PM

Just watched it, sounds so fucking good. I want more acoustic sy!

SonicBebs 10.13.2009 04:04 PM

there's an acoustic youtube of antenna in the sonic sharing section

tesla69 10.13.2009 04:48 PM

I always thought the acoustic versions just water down and weaken good hard rock. This show is so fucking repulsive. Pure slave state entertainment.

infinitemusic 10.13.2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Sonic Youth definatly need to do an acoustic album. would be so good

Quote:

I always thought the acoustic versions just water down and weaken good hard rock. This show is so fucking repulsive. Pure slave state entertainment.

How is it that I agree with both of you??

The Soup Nazi 10.13.2009 06:55 PM

Just got this baby myself, and all I wanna say is ROCK GODS BE PRAISED, FINALLY A LOSSLESS FILE. I mean, the BEGN tunes were lossless too, I know, but this is the first time I happen upon a store selling lossless digital music.

In the immortal words of Rod Blagojevich, "I've got this thing and it's fuckin' golden, and I'm not givin' it up for fuckin' nuthin'!"

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski 10.14.2009 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Just got this baby myself, and all I wanna say is ROCK GODS BE PRAISED, FINALLY A LOSSLESS FILE. I mean, the BEGN tunes were lossless too, I know, but this is the first time I happen upon a store selling lossless digital music.

In the immortal words of Rod Blagojevich, "I've got this thing and it's fuckin' golden, and I'm not givin' it up for fuckin' nuthin'!"

Ha ha.

I really really like this version. Dare I say an improvement upon the original?

The clip I saw was funny. It really should have been Thurston pronouncing them husband and wife, though. Wonder if they tried it that way, but it took too many takes.

Sonic Youth has done so little sentimental stuff (besides playing Daydream Nation)... I wish they would do something like an acoustic album of their old classics. It'd be so great!

greedrex 10.14.2009 06:22 AM

sounds really nice. Didn't find it on Itunes today though. When is this coming out?

nicfit 10.14.2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
but this is the first time I happen upon a store selling lossless digital music.

there are some good ones, like boomkat

nicfit 10.14.2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greedrex
sounds really nice. Didn't find it on Itunes today though. When is this coming out?

no need for itunes, DUMBo :D, check sy store

notyourfiend 10.14.2009 08:05 AM

stupid dialogue got in the way of my listening pleasure.

good thing i downloaded the single

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski 10.14.2009 08:18 AM

Anyone agree this version is better than the original, or is that sonik blasphemy?

nicfit 10.14.2009 08:27 AM

I think they're, like, on the same level...I'm too attached to the "original" sound to claim this one is better, but it sure is up there with it.
Does this make sense?
With T+L showcasing a bunch of Eternal stuff on radio with acoustic guitars and this I'm kinda intrigued to see where they'll take things next.