Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   100% possitive about hearing Sister songs on Experimental Jet set (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30894)

greedrex 05.20.2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waltermcphilp
Hey Guys Did The Eternal Leak Yet?

yep here is a direct link to the download. Album is pretty tight. Enjoy.

atsonicpark 05.20.2009 12:16 PM

you have to watch every episode of man of the graveyard man and then buy every scissor shock album and I'll send you a link to a 8kbps rip of the eternal, sure.

waltermcphilp 05.20.2009 12:17 PM

DEAL!

atsonicpark 05.20.2009 12:18 PM

hahaha

Tokolosh 05.20.2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
you have to watch every episode of man of the graveyard man and then buy every scissor shock album and I'll send you a link to a 8kbps rip of the eternal, sure.

Why not just send him the link?
Just sayin'...

jetengine 05.22.2009 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah, but he joined the board specifically to post THAT? Isn't that kind of like joining the army just so you could fart in somebody's face while they're getting their hair shaved off? He could have used the "search" option and found a BILLION topics about this. He could have searched google and found a TRILLION topics about this. Worthless thread.

Actually, I'd never heard this little modicum of trivia before. Now that I've encountered it, I can't see what the fuss is about.

chrome noise tape 05.22.2009 02:24 PM

atsonicpark 05.22.2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Why not just send him the link?
Just sayin'...

Can't find the 8kbps per second rip right now, only the 320 ones. Plus, it's not sharing an album only a few people on here'd be interested in -- everybody here is here for it! (well, not really, most people have it in some form or other)

SYRFox 05.22.2009 03:24 PM

320?! are we really in 2009?? i can't see why the fuck we should have shitty 320 bitrates rips while we could have neat 192 bitratz

SYRFox 05.22.2009 03:25 PM

you could find 320 bitratz in this

summer 05.22.2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fancydavid
So, on the same note do you think that them recording over those tapes means there will never be a big "sister" re-issue?
i understand that they did rerelease the "master dik" e.p. which KINDA serves as rereleased material from the sister/ciccone period.
blah blah blah...
ayway, do you think a "sister" reissue is gonna happen or needed at all?

See for the most part, I think atsonic park is being an ass in this particular thread, yet.. If you've been here 9 years, and see dumb posts like this all the time, damn, I guess I sorta kinda don't blame you? Like that was the whole point of this fucking thread and things like this were discussed on the first page. This guy has only 3 posts, so it really comes off like.. he didn't even read any of the thread, he just posted his question as soon as he saw the name of the thread. Like, I don't know. How stupid do you have to be.

nancykitten 05.22.2009 08:58 PM

The board hasn't existed for nine years.

nancykitten 05.22.2009 08:59 PM

Guys, I hate to alarm but I am 100% positive you can hear the songs from EVOL in the background between The Eternal tracks. Why would they record over the EVOL masterdik?

max 07.26.2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s shelley
that's something like what we did --- we still have the master tapes to Sister - just being silly- oh boy, the internet.

ss

THE MAN

you rock Steve!!!

reginald 07.29.2009 08:48 AM

Hey...it appears that maybe this CAJUNJOE is the same guy who recorded the 7-16-09 Tulsa show and uploaded it !

Maybe give the guy some kudos !

Not sure now, cajunjoe hadn't posted since early May..but still maybe his recording was lifted off dime and put here.

noisereductions 07.29.2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by summer
See for the most part, I think atsonic park is being an ass in this particular thread, yet.. If you've been here 9 years, and see dumb posts like this all the time, damn, I guess I sorta kinda don't blame you? Like that was the whole point of this fucking thread and things like this were discussed on the first page. This guy has only 3 posts, so it really comes off like.. he didn't even read any of the thread, he just posted his question as soon as he saw the name of the thread. Like, I don't know. How stupid do you have to be.

summer is hilarious.

noisereductions 07.29.2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s shelley
that's something like what we did --- we still have the master tapes to Sister - just being silly- oh boy, the internet.

ss

steve f'ing rules, y'all. He just debunked an SY rumor of Zeppelen-mudshark proportions like THAT! Steve, I wish you posted here daily.

nicfit 07.29.2009 10:05 AM

he does....

Rob Instigator 07.29.2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancykitten
The board hasn't existed for nine years.

\

I first signed up for sonic yotuh forum in 98-99