Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   In your collection, what album do hate most? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=4956)

joe11121 01.03.2009 03:36 AM

All-America Rejects - move along, not a terrible album, i don't hate, but i really don't hate anything i get because i don't buy them. but this album wasn't that great.

Green Magnesium 01.03.2009 03:55 AM

There's lots of stuff from my tween-dream days that I would never think of playing again... in fact I don't know where most of it is stashed.

The only album that I intentionally purchased as an adult and actually hate is Will Oldham's first release, There is No One.

I felt swindled upon listening to it for the first time. Forced and hideously tacky.

(Many people aren't aware of this, but Oldham is a fucking joke..... I felt ashamed when Tortoise and Dawn McCarthy collaborated with him.)

wellcharge 01.03.2009 04:08 AM

i listened to a will oldham album that came into my work once, it was really bad

Death & the Maiden 01.03.2009 05:14 AM

I don't hate anything I own, but Gallhammer's Ill Innocence makes me think "Why?". I got so obsessed with black metal that I was getting stuff that wasn't that good. I could've spent that $30 on something much better.

acousticrock87 01.03.2009 06:30 AM

All music is equal in every way.

atsonicpark 01.03.2009 07:50 AM

the worst album i own is ned's atomic dustbin's "god fodder".

And I still really likeit...

sarramkrop 01.03.2009 07:53 AM

I have a record by a dude who calls himself The Death Orchestra. It's awful.

stu666 01.03.2009 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
the worst album i own is ned's atomic dustbin's "god fodder".

And I still really likeit...

i could never get into Ned's

atsonicpark 01.03.2009 08:07 AM

That's the only album by them I like. Just great pop songs, nothing more. "KILL YOUR TELEVISION" is an amazing song.

flashlight69 01.03.2009 09:01 AM

bla bla bla -iggy pop

iggy pop bla bla bla
this is really plastic pop shit

RdTv 01.03.2009 10:21 AM

I've been purging quite frequently as of late. Not a record on my shelf that I hate, maybe records I love to hate, but different subject entirely. I think porky said something to the extent of ''albums you ignore'', well, yes I indeed have the same issue, but none that I hate. Why hold on to records you hate when you can trade them in for ones you will love.

SuperCreep 01.03.2009 04:01 PM

I used to have a "box of shame" sitting in the back of my closet that I threw out recently. It wasn't even worth selling since I wouldn't want to subject someone to such shit so I can get a few extra bucks in my pocket. It was basically a bunch of shit I got between the ages of 8-14. I had stuff by Linkin Park, Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, KoRn, Metallica, Slayer, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, A Perfect Circle, and a few other shitty bands I can't remember.

atsonicpark 01.03.2009 09:02 PM

All in all, though, Slayer, KoRn, Metallica, and Tool aren't shitty bands.

ZEROpumpkins 01.03.2009 10:13 PM

Psychocandy

EvdWee 01.04.2009 04:18 AM

rem - around the sun

acousticrock87 01.04.2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCreep
I used to have a "box of shame" sitting in the back of my closet that I threw out recently. It wasn't even worth selling since I wouldn't want to subject someone to such shit so I can get a few extra bucks in my pocket. It was basically a bunch of shit I got between the ages of 8-14. I had stuff by Linkin Park, Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, KoRn, Metallica, Slayer, Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, A Perfect Circle, and a few other shitty bands I can't remember.

While much of that is rather shitty, at least in our age group it's nearly inevitable. The grimy world of contemporary pop-angst is a proving ground in high school. I almost think it's necessary to get through in order to fully appreciate the finer things. I hold no grudge against Hybrid Theory.

Green Day I trashed, but it also had it's place. I'm sure. If I thought about it long enough.

Derek 01.04.2009 07:43 AM

Out of the collection I have now, Psychocandy is definitely the worst. What an overrated band.

auto-aim 01.04.2009 09:13 AM

For me it's probably uhh... Blur's Think Tank - Counting Crow's August and Everything After - Anything by the White Stripes - John Fruciantes Shadows Collide with people..

one album though which I don't own thank fuck, but i downloaded once because an old band member really liked them i think tops them all for one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life..., The Cranberries - No Need to Argue. *puke

atsonicpark 01.04.2009 09:27 AM

PSYCHOCANDY may not be a good record, but at one point I actually owned a copy (it was $3 but...) of STONED AND DETHRONED. You wanna talk about a baaaaaaaad album...

█████████ 01.04.2009 12:22 PM

os mutantes

i can't keep it on the player for a minute, it annoys me so much.