Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are you playing? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28352)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.01.2010 08:48 AM

I dominated my third game of this in a row last night. Maybe it's just because I'm playing with girls.

Do any of the GC Mario Party titles improve upon this forumula at all? I've only played this and the original.

Toilet & Bowels 03.01.2010 08:51 AM

Oblivion, it's absorbing. I've kind of had enough but it keeps dragging me back.

GeneticKiss 03.05.2010 10:50 AM

Anyone looking forward to Sonic 4?

I've been hanging out at the official SEGA forum for that game and all they seem to be able to do is bitch about how his eyes are green, it's a budget download-only title, and various other nitpicks. ScrewAttack's forums are largely indifferent towards that stuff, but aren't exactly giving SEGA the benefit of the doubt, considering the past few Sonic games.

So I wanted to get some opinions from a non-gamer forum and figured this would be the thread to do it in.

noisereductions 03.05.2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
Anyone looking forward to Sonic 4?

I've been hanging out at the official SEGA forum for that game and all they seem to be able to do is bitch about how his eyes are green, it's a budget download-only title, and various other nitpicks. ScrewAttack's forums are largely indifferent towards that stuff, but aren't exactly giving SEGA the benefit of the doubt, considering the past few Sonic games.

So I wanted to get some opinions from a non-gamer forum and figured this would be the thread to do it in.

It's kind of hard to get excited about in my opinion. Between all the games released on Sonic Mega Collection, the Sonic Gems Collection, and then the Sonic Advance series it seems like there's really no lack of 2D Sonic games out there to keep you occupied.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.05.2010 11:05 AM

Sonic 4 looks cool. I don't have anything to play it on though.

Sonic 3 is good enough for me.

Glice 03.05.2010 11:12 AM

This amused me for a few minutes.

_slavo_ 03.05.2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Oblivion, it's absorbing. I've kind of had enough but it keeps dragging me back.

What kind of a character do you play?
I have some sort of a knight (a bit of healing spells, combined with strong blade skills and heavy armor etc). The game is definitely a great one, the things that keep dragging me to it are the loot, weapons & armor that you can acquire. but that's been my thing with most of the RPG games.
i don't care about the storylines overall much

noisereductions 03.05.2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Sonic 4 looks cool. I don't have anything to play it on though.

Sonic 3 is good enough for me.

me neither. I'm sooo last gen. But like I said, I have so much 2D Sonic anyway.

Keeping It Simple 03.05.2010 02:53 PM

I played through Heavy Rain twice and thought it was brilliant. There are 17 different outcomes dependant on the moral choices you make and how sharp you are during the QTE sections.

I purchased a copy of White Knight Chronicles today, so I'll most likely check it out later tonight.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.05.2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
me neither. I'm sooo last gen. But like I said, I have so much 2D Sonic anyway.

Haha, I know how you feel. It's great watching some people's reactions as soon as they see my entertainment center. You can almost see all of their repressed gaming memories flood their eyes.

I had one of the Sonics for GBA. It was fantastic. I played that more than I play any of the Sonics for Genesis.

Or...

I've always been more of a Mario guy though.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.05.2010 03:18 PM

The only current gen game I really feel a strong urge to own is Super Smash Bros Brawl. I couldn't believe how much I actually enjoyed the Wii's control scheme. I didn't think it could possibly be any better than using the GC controller. Plus the new roster is unbelievable.

Keeping It Simple 03.05.2010 03:19 PM

Anyone looking forward to the release of FFXIII?

noisereductions 03.05.2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

The only current gen game I really feel a strong urge to own is Super Smash Bros Brawl. I couldn't believe how much I actually enjoyed the Wii's control scheme. I didn't think it could possibly be any better than using the GC controller. Plus the new roster is unbelievable.

I'm definitely a Mario guy more than Sonic too. But yeah Sonic is alright. I have the two GC collections, but plan on grabbing the GBA ones at some point... I recently played Smash Bros on Wii... and I STILL cannot get into it. I have the GC game, and I always figure I should like it but I just suck at it. And it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I guess I just prefer straight up 2D fighters. Like Street Fighter II, etc. I mean, I have Soul Calibur II, which is pretty decent, but I generally don't get excited about 3D fighters. Smash Bros always throws me off because of the weird camera zooms and the way that jumping feels so unnatural to me. I don't know. Plus I'm terrible at it.

EVOLghost 03.05.2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

I prefer GC controller but I'm just as good with the wii mote (not classic) but yeah...I love brawl. Me and my friends play that game...a lot.

EVOLghost 03.05.2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Anyone looking forward to the release of FFXIII?

Versus mainly..

noisereductions 03.05.2010 10:25 PM

my primary GC controller is the Hori Game Boy Player Digitial Controller.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 03.06.2010 03:39 AM

No one answered my question earlier...so I'll ask it again:

Quote:

Do any of the GC Mario Party titles improve upon this forumula at all? I've only played this and the original.

I know one included some sort of microphone for the minigames, was it necessary for each player to have one? I also noticed that the camera view changed later in the series. Can anyone fill me in with their opinions?

Keeping It Simple 03.06.2010 02:37 PM

I have to say White Knight Chronicles is a major disappointment. I'm a fan of Level 5, the guys behind Dragon Quest VIII and Rogue Galaxy, but they've seriously lost some street cred with this travesty!

floatingslowly 03.06.2010 03:17 PM

I'm thinking of buying a used copy of a GTA game today.

the last one I played was 2. suggestions? the LA one looks cool.

noisereductions 03.06.2010 06:08 PM

Quote:

No one answered my question earlier...so I'll ask it again:

I know one included some sort of microphone for the minigames, was it necessary for each player to have one? I also noticed that the camera view changed later in the series. Can anyone fill me in with their opinions?

Mario Part 5,6,7 had microphone support. You only need one mic. And it's not necessary (you can turn mic games off). They're fun games, but at the same time I feel like you only need one Mario Party game and you're pretty all set.