Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

atsonicpark 06.22.2010 01:20 AM

kung fu hustle rules!!!!!!! Stephen Chow is a genius, honestly. I've seen 5 of his movies and loved them all.

atsonicpark 06.22.2010 04:08 AM

Gallivant - 9/10

batreleaser 06.22.2010 09:17 AM

Saw Toy Story 3 and it was pretty fucking hilarious, the 3d was pointless though.

Lots more subtle (a.k.a.) not so subtle perverted sex references thrown in. A brainwashed Buzz Lightyear says, "Any doubt I had was pounded out of me at the academy."

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.22.2010 10:53 AM

loubarret 06.22.2010 10:54 AM

4/10

6/10, I am going to get hated for this

6,5, one of his weakest works

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.22.2010 10:54 AM

lol Duckman...how long of a series was that?

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.22.2010 10:56 AM

Care to go more in depth on your opinion of Slacker, lou?

Rob Instigator 06.22.2010 11:01 AM

I think a 6 out of 10 for Slacker is just fine.
while there are some very cool parts, the whole is not as great as the individual bits that one remembers.

loubarret 06.22.2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Care to go more in depth on your opinion of Slacker, lou?

Well yeah it's way to slow, not in a good way. I mean SurUbia is also very low tempo but keeps being interesting(through the back stories and stuff like that). Slacker on the other hand doesn't, it just sadly reminds me kind off of my own life but that's not the point. The point is I started watching it and found it really great but wen the ending came I was lucky to switch it off.

I support rob's thoughts also

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.22.2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loubarret
Well yeah it's way to slow, not in a good way. I mean SurUbia is also very low tempo but keeps being interesting(through the back stories and stuff like that). Slacker on the other hand doesn't, it just sadly reminds me kind off of my own life but that's not the point. The point is I started watching it and found it really great but wen the ending came I was lucky to switch it off.

I support rob's thoughts also

I'll have to check out SubUrbia eventually. Hopefully, I enjoy it as much as I do, Slacker, as opposed to how much I suffered through Dazed & Confused, and School of Rock.

loubarret 06.22.2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

I'll have to check out SubUrbia eventually. Hopefully, I enjoy it as much as I do, Slacker, as opposed to how much I suffered through Dazed & Confused, and School of Rock.

well yeah, dazed is great in mine opion and I quite like school but i think you would find it decent.

tw2113 06.22.2010 01:05 PM

In The Army Now
hacking(pun intended) away at more of Freddy's Nightmares: The tv series

viewtiful alan redux 06.22.2010 02:10 PM

Quote:

6/10, I am going to get hated for this

No, I agree with that score completely. It, without a doubt, went on way longer than it needed to. I mean it was good, but it felt like it was missing something.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.22.2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

well yeah, dazed is great in mine opion and I quite like school but i think you would find it decent.

Different strokes, eh?

loubarret 06.22.2010 03:24 PM

Quote:

Different strokes, eh?

Ok I quit now...but seriously go see SubUrbia.

atsonicpark 06.22.2010 03:38 PM

Slacker is amazing. 8/10. The performnaces in that one are brilliant. The JFK book guy, and the guy with all the televisions in his house. Genius movie. How did it go on too long? It's like 80 minutes, never gets boring, constantly thrusting you in new scenarios, just some of the most brilliant dialogue ever,seems effortless in how good it is, all those long takes are breathtaking... one of the least boring films I can think of.

I didn't care for Salo; too long, good atmopshere and Morricone music though.

atsonicpark 06.22.2010 03:40 PM

Also, Totally Fucked Up is a masterpiece, but I agree it's probably Araki's worst. He never did anything bad though.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.22.2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Slacker is amazing. 8/10. The performnaces in that one are brilliant. The JFK book guy, and the guy with all the televisions in his house. Genius movie.

I didn't care for Salo; too long, good atmopshere and Morricone music though.

I agree, Slacker > Salo.

I enjoyed Salo, but I think I enjoyed it for the wrong reasons. It's not supposed to be a comedy is it? The entire premise is so ultimately silly. How can one not bellow when the subtitled phrase "CIRCLE OF SHIT" pops up on his screen? Or curdle their tongue in laughter, at the thought of sewing a live rat into a young teen's vagina? Dominance is always funny. Just look at high school bullies. Hilarious.

atsonicpark 06.22.2010 03:51 PM

Eh. I read the book and the book definitely is a "fun" read, but the movie was just silly and stupid. "MOST DISTURBING MOVIE EVER" my ass. Maybe for those who haven't seen Kichiku Dai Enkai. It was just stupid. Those laughing old men with binoculaurs.. just ridiculous. The director was killed over that stupid fucking movie?!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 06.22.2010 03:53 PM

He was killed over it? What? Huh?