Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Bertrand 08.09.2007 12:33 PM

I didn't want to hijack the Qui thread about that, so I'll jump on this one, even though I haven't read any of it - I promise I'll do my best and read every reply that is a multiple of 173.
So here, French band The Qui covering The Who in French.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=165 762718
The translation allowed me to taste the lyrics of Pinball Wizard - shame on its author for the ludicrousness of the whole thing.

sellouteater 08.09.2007 12:41 PM

king_buzzo 08.09.2007 02:06 PM

email us - sonic youth news - top

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth

sarramkrop 08.10.2007 07:48 AM

Listen before you buy!
Thunder.wavThunder.mp3

Tune out snoring or block out reverberating car boom boxes so you can fall asleep. Don't let deep bass tones, such as the drone of someone snoring or the booming thumps of a drum beat, keep you from falling asleep! Distant Thunderstorm features a heavy dose of low tone sound masking, embedded in a beautiful sound mix of white noise and a real thunderstorm off in the distance.
Helps you relax and reduce stress. Bring the calming, far-off sounds of Mother Nature's rumbling thunderstorm into your environment to create a subdued yet relaxing atmosphere.
Take advantage of its sound masking qualities any time, anywhere. For best results, place the CD speaker between you and the source of the bothersome noise.
Distant Thunderstorm - one full hour

Baby's Blow Dryer CD — Blow dryer white noise amazingly calms babies

Listen before you buy!
Baby Dryer.wavBaby Dryer.mp3
Babies find the sound of a blow dryer very comforting! Like our Baby's Vacuum Cleaner CD, Baby's Blow Dryer CD calms and soothes babies, especially if they have colic.
Helps fussy or restless infants. Thousands of thankful parents can attest to the benefits of a running blow dryer sound to help ease colic or help their little ones fall asleep.
The CD offers many advantages over an actual blow dryer. You won't burn out a blow dryer motor. A CD is a lot easier (and safer!) to play all night than your blow dryer. You can control the decibel level of a CD. A CD frees you up to cuddle your baby with both hands. Best of all, the combination of a digitally recorded blow dryer and pure white noise provides a more soothing sound for baby.
Baby's Blow Dryer CD - one full hour

http://www.purewhitenoise.com/whitenoisecd.html#blow

jon boy 08.10.2007 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
that someone is right.

i wish.

sonicl 08.10.2007 08:28 AM

North Denver News is reporting that a local man has had thumb-altering surgery so as to better use the touchscreen on his iPhone.

Thomas Martel, 28, of Bonnie Brae, described by the paper as "a big guy" was struggling to use the touchscreen keyboard on his iPhone so he did what any red-blooded gadget lover would do and got his thumb chopped about to better use the device. Apparently his opposable digit got altered in a revolutionary new surgical technique known as "whittling."

"From my old Treo, to my Blackberry, to this new iPhone, I had a hard time hitting the right buttons, and I always lost those little styluses," explains Martel. "Sure, the procedure was expensive, but when I think of all the time I save by being able to use modern handhelds so much faster, I really think the surgery will pay for itself in ten to fifteen years. And what it's saving me in frustration - that's priceless."

_slavo_ 08.10.2007 09:43 AM

Hip Priest 08.11.2007 05:38 PM

jico. 08.12.2007 11:59 AM

Sonic Youth - Denied Entry with Equipment
By nyctaper

As I write, Sonic Youth is performing at McCarren Pool. I’m not taping it, I’m not attending it. I’ve deleted my post from June promoting their album and providing a link where multiple nyctaper readers have already purchased copies of the new Daydream Nation CD. Sonic Youth can take their regurgitation of their 20-years-ago heyday and shove it up their ass.
I had an email which had been cc’d to Lee Ranaldo the guitarist. I was told to speak to Lee or soundman Aaron Mullan if there was any problem with entry. It was all supposed to be nice and simple. Only it wasn’t. The guard stopped me at the door, as well he should, and when I showed the email, he was nice enough to radio to security to get my clearance. Twenty-five minutes later, after multiple radio calls, I was told that neither Lee nor Aaron knew anything about taping and that the answer on taping was “no”.
Apologies to all the readers who have anxiously awaited my recording of this concert. When a band specifically allows taping in the past, grants specific permission in email, and ultimately leaves me standing at the gate denied entry, I’m left to consider whether its really worth expending any more time, money, and energy purchasing their product, buying tickets to their concerts, and promoting the performances through sharing my recordings. Given the way I was jerked around tonight, the answer with Sonic Youth is the same answer I received at the gate–”no”.
A band that could give a crap about their fans really shouldn’t get support from anyone. Don’t buy Sonic Youth CDs, don’t buy tickets to their concerts, and don’t give them any attention whatsoever. They’re tired old hacks anyway. 1988 is over.

http://www.nyctaper.com/?p=36

sellouteater 08.12.2007 12:23 PM

yeahhhhh man

SynthethicalY 08.12.2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jico.
By nyctaper

As I write, Sonic Youth is performing at McCarren Pool. I’m not taping it, I’m not attending it. I’ve deleted my post from June promoting their album and providing a link where multiple nyctaper readers have already purchased copies of the new Daydream Nation CD. Sonic Youth can take their regurgitation of their 20-years-ago heyday and shove it up their ass.
I had an email which had been cc’d to Lee Ranaldo the guitarist. I was told to speak to Lee or soundman Aaron Mullan if there was any problem with entry. It was all supposed to be nice and simple. Only it wasn’t. The guard stopped me at the door, as well he should, and when I showed the email, he was nice enough to radio to security to get my clearance. Twenty-five minutes later, after multiple radio calls, I was told that neither Lee nor Aaron knew anything about taping and that the answer on taping was “no”.
Apologies to all the readers who have anxiously awaited my recording of this concert. When a band specifically allows taping in the past, grants specific permission in email, and ultimately leaves me standing at the gate denied entry, I’m left to consider whether its really worth expending any more time, money, and energy purchasing their product, buying tickets to their concerts, and promoting the performances through sharing my recordings. Given the way I was jerked around tonight, the answer with Sonic Youth is the same answer I received at the gate–”no”.
A band that could give a crap about their fans really shouldn’t get support from anyone. Don’t buy Sonic Youth CDs, don’t buy tickets to their concerts, and don’t give them any attention whatsoever. They’re tired old hacks anyway. 1988 is over.

Yeah 1988 is over, thank god. Reagan is over, but I'm left to wonder if Bush is worse? Yes he is.

samuel 08.13.2007 01:59 PM

My eleven posts today have brought my posts-per-day average from 1.30 to 1.33.

Cantankerous 08.13.2007 02:03 PM

my right nostril hurts really bad on my cartilage and i'm nauseous. i'm gonna try to get a good burp in to help that.

Savage Clone 08.14.2007 05:22 PM

Sonicl's avatar is in serious trouble according to the National Weather Institute.

Pookie 08.14.2007 05:24 PM

What the hell is that supposed to be? Has a small child gained access to Savage Clone's password?

I so wish I could rep you for that. Made me laugh like a drain. I still don't understand, mind.

jico. 08.14.2007 05:28 PM

so it's true, god is black. look at that cloud.

phoenix 08.14.2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Sonicl's avatar is in serious trouble according to the National Weather Institute.

its making me a serious dork but I am laughing so loud at that.

I really like weather patterns. :(

Пятхъдесят Шест 08.15.2007 03:04 PM

I think I'd like a second opinion here, from you trusted board members.

It is a pure coincidence that I've met someone I quite like a lot, named Rueben , and then today a friend called me and told me to come over for dinner tonight, as they were making ruebens (which is a favorite food; they also know nothing of said individual Rueben). Do you think this means something, or am I just lame.

I'm leaning towards lame. But I may have known that already..

Eh.

nicfit 08.16.2007 01:31 PM

how long for have these been in the store section?
http://www.kungfunation.com/index.ph...roducts_id=328
http://www.kungfunation.com/index.ph...roducts_id=128

sonicl 08.16.2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
...Do you think this means something, or am I just lame.

I'm leaning towards lame. But I may have known that already...

Oh no, it's definitely a sign.

nicfit 08.16.2007 01:53 PM

Good, I agree, now answer MY question.

Пятхъдесят Шест 08.16.2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Oh no, it's definitely a sign.

Yeah, there was also a tie in with that magic number 56 too. I'm quite baffled.

Nicfit, I think the Lisbon shirt is old. I don't quite like either of them though.

sonicl 08.16.2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jico.
By nyctaper

http://www.nyctaper.com/?p=36

What a dick. He seems to have delusions of grandeur, to judge by his posts on his site. Clearly thinks he is some kind of a rock star because he is a taper with a website.

sonicl 08.16.2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit

Since I was a wee boy. I wanted one of those "very angry" ones for my 10th birthday, but my mum wouldn't buy it.

nicfit 08.16.2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicl
Since I was a wee boy. I wanted one of those "very angry" ones for my 10th birthday, but my mum wouldn't buy it.

Serves ya right, you should not watch Inland Empire at 8:30 pm.

jon boy 08.17.2007 05:10 AM

my dad has to have one of his kidneys removed and not knowing if the other will function correctly once the other has come out he may need a transplant meaning i might have to donate one of mine being a family member and i likely match etc. his other organs are also failing quite a lot, massive shutdown infact.

why are parents so inconsiderate? cunts.

nicfit 08.17.2007 06:24 AM

Damn, jon boy, hope everything will be ok... Parents are just humans, they/we all make mistakes. Problem is, often other people have to suffer the consequences of our errors. that said, which is quite retorical, here's a contribution to the usual thread's mood:

I feel a bit like a dork posting this right after your post...

screamingskull 08.17.2007 06:28 AM

I CAN'T BEAT MY COMPUTER AT CHESSSSSSS TOOOO HARDDDDDDD, arrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhh

floatingslowly 08.17.2007 02:57 PM

my next door neighbor thinks:

1) we should hold a prayer circle around my tree involving all the neighbors (maybe THE GIANT FUCKING CRACK will go away).

2) somebody bad nearby MUST be the cause of the tree's decline (negative energy destroys them). I blame the wife.

3) we should place a sign in front of the tree telling everyone that the tree is about to be cut down (so they know that WE are not the bad people to blame).

oh, my achin' brain.

Savage Clone 08.17.2007 03:06 PM

Homeownership is really annoying a lot of the time.

Cantankerous 08.17.2007 03:10 PM

i need to pee
my eczema is flaring up
my computer is fucking up
i have to eat dinner at my boyfriends mom's house and i hate the very fiber of her being
then i have to get on a damn airplane

(this is mostly me bitching about today which is relevant to nothing i can think of)

floatingslowly 08.17.2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Homeownership is really annoying a lot of the time.

it's not so much the house as it is everything around it.

the wacky neighbor
the broken tree
the pitbull named Kanye
Kanye's puppy

Kanye doesn't care about noise pollution.

sellouteater 08.19.2007 12:06 PM

theres nothing going on today on the board itss sooo boring and i still have like 4 more hours of sitting at work yawn

sellouteater 08.19.2007 12:46 PM

no i'm just a weekend sectary at a real estate office my moms got the weekday job thats how i got hired. there are no higher postions avabile and there is absultuty nothing i can do i put away all the paper and shit and made copies now i just sit and wait for the phone to ring

jon boy 08.20.2007 09:02 AM

in an attempt to stop people killing themselves or eachother at work, tommorow is wild west day. we are supposed to come in cowboy fancy dress and decorate our desks accordingly.

i am the angel of death, the hour of purification is at hand.

sonicl 08.20.2007 09:12 AM

You've had a day's notice that you have to go to work dressed as a cowboy or indian? That's a bit harsh.

Which are you going as?

EDIT: I dare you to take a teepee into work and spend the day in there.

floatingslowly 08.20.2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
in an attempt to stop people killing themselves or eachother at work, tommorow is wild west day.

HAHAHAH

they could have picked something a little more nonviolent if that is the case

PS: word around the sweat lodge is, Big Chief is giving out a blanket and some beads for every paleface you can scalp.

jico. 08.20.2007 09:55 AM

Pet camel given as gift kills Australian woman
Updated: 5:03 p.m. ET Aug. 19, 2007

BRISBANE, Australia - An Australian woman was killed by a pet camel given to her as a 60th birthday present, police said Sunday.
The woman, whose name has not been released, was killed Saturday at her family sheep and cattle ranch near Mitchell, 350 miles west of the Queensland state capital Brisbane, state police Detective Senior Constable Craig Gregory said.

The 10-month-old male — weighing about 330 pounds — had knocked her to the ground then lay on top of her in what police suspect was mating behavior, Gregory said.

Camel expert Chris Hill agreed with Gregory.
Hill, who has offered camel rides to tourists for 20 years, said young camels are not aggressive but can be dangerous if treated as pets without discipline.
The woman was given the hand-reared camel in March as a birthday present from her husband and daughter.
The fate of the camel is not known.
An autopsy of the woman will determine the precise cause of death within days.

floatingslowly 08.20.2007 11:52 AM

Hip Priest 08.20.2007 04:13 PM

Woman hears voices with a speech impediment

* 20 August 2007
* NewScientist.com news service

A Swiss woman who fell off her bicycle has yielded a unique insight into how auditory hallucinations are generated.

The woman suffered damage to the part of the brain where speech is generated and could speak only in short, stunted words and sentences. Five months later, when she suddenly developed epilepsy, she began "hearing" voices with the same speech impediments as herself.

"She initially heard her own voice speaking aloud, then the voices of hospital staff," says Daniela Hubl at the University Hospital of Psychiatry in Bern, Switzerland, a member of the team that treated her. "They had the same speech impediments as she did. It proves that the voices were generated in the language areas of the patient's own brain." The hallucinations disappeared when the woman received drugs to control her epilepsy (The Lancet, vol 370, p 538).

Hubl believes the case is unique and supports more strongly than ever the scientific consensus that "voices" and other hallucinations experienced by people with conditions like schizophrenia are generated within their own brains.

From issue 2617 of New Scientist magazine, 20 August 2007, page 16