Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

atsonicpark 05.03.2010 01:18 AM

hated cabin fever 2.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.03.2010 01:22 AM

I still need to see it, but apparently it sucks because the studio wouldn't give Ti final cut.

atsonicpark 05.03.2010 01:35 AM

Yeeeeeeeeah. I don't really see what the "cut" would matter, there are no good scenes in the film as is, I highly doubt a scene here or there, or an edit here or there, would make any difference. No one looked like they wanted to be there in the least. Embarassing film. If they let Giuseppe direct # 3, it might be good..

Toilet & Bowels 05.03.2010 05:55 AM

kind of disappointing really

atsonicpark 05.03.2010 06:22 AM

yah, franco sucks.

well, faceless is alright.

noisereductions 05.03.2010 07:20 AM

1. Prom Night 3/5 - I think it's pretty over-rated honestly.
2. Happy Birthday to Me 4/5 - This is a great one. Also see April Fools Day if you haven't yet.
3. Sleepaway 3 - 4/5 but that doesn't matter.... I'm not sure why you didn't like 2. 2 is my favorite of the entire series. I thik its better than the first!

noisereductions 05.03.2010 07:21 AM

Anyway, I was sick over the weekend so I watched:

1. Choke
2. Behind The Music: 50 Cent
3. NWA: The World's Most Dangerous Group
4. X-Men
5. Mr. Deeds
6. Happy Gilmore
7. Scary Movie 2

batreleaser 05.03.2010 09:53 AM

The Choke adaptation blew. Chuck Palahniuk is an overrated novelist.

TheFoxBen 05.03.2010 10:06 AM

9/10. Saw this yesterday and... Wow. It was way better than I thought it would be because I wasn't really enchanted by the first trailers I saw but then I wanted to see it. Anyway, this movie is grade A entertainment: it's funny, the action scenes are fucking awesome and well choreographed, the characters are amazing and it's also pretty violent. I haven't read the comics but I liked this movie a lot and I highly recommend it !

noisereductions 05.03.2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
The Choke adaptation blew. Chuck Palahniuk is an overrated novelist.

The adaptation was pretty weak. But that was to be assumed. There was tooooo much in the book to cram into teh confines of 90 mins. Underrated/overrated --- whatever. I've read most of his books. I've enjoyed most of the ones I've read. Shrugcicles.

Antagon 05.03.2010 10:13 AM

Adrenaline Drive

Savage Clone 05.03.2010 10:43 AM

At home, the last two movies I watched were:

Le Fantôme de la Liberté by Luis Buñuel (loved it; surreal, absurd and fairly hilarious)

Le Feu Follet by Louis Malle (also really liked it; kind of bleak, but considering what it was about, not as depressing as it could have been)

Last thing I saw in a theatre was "The Warlords" with Jet Li, which was super-brutal, tragic and pretty much a total downer. Of course, this is generally what I expect from a Feudal Asian Epic. It was really good, but I don't know if I could stomach seeing it a second time.

Rob Instigator 05.03.2010 12:01 PM

watched this yesterday

7/10. the set design and art direction are excellent, and the sexy naked ladies are excellent, the ending not so excellent, but I enjoyed it and all the little satanic details.

HOMBRE 9/10 I really liked this weird movie. Odd western with weird weird characters.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.03.2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
3. Sleepaway 3 - 4/5 but that doesn't matter.... I'm not sure why you didn't like 2. 2 is my favorite of the entire series. I thik its better than the first!

Lmao, SC2 is easily the worst in the series, if you ask me. I even liked "Return" a hell of a lot more. Neither film comes close to parts 1 and 3 though. I actually just watched Part 3 again. I love it that much.

noisereductions 05.03.2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Lmao, SC2 is easily the worst in the series, if you ask me. I even liked "Return" a hell of a lot more. Neither film comes close to parts 1 and 3 though. I actually just watched Part 3 again. I love it that much.

WHAT??? Return was pretty terrible. I don't see how you could say 2 is the worst in the series at all. I think 2 and 3 are very similar in execution. I just prefer 2 over 3. That blonde is hilarious.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.03.2010 01:18 PM

You like Death Proof, guy.

noisereductions 05.03.2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

You like Death Proof, guy.

no, I love Death Proof.

I also love in Sleepaway 2 when that chick gets off that kid and then she's like "you don't have AIDS or anything do you?" hahaha. And the Freddy and Jason kids? I mean what the f's wrong wiht you?

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.03.2010 01:41 PM

The lawnmower = part 3, buddy. Plus, the Freddy and Jason kids scene sucks the mighty balls of the infamous Saturday The 14th/blowing up fish with firecrackers scene.

Get with it, just this once, bro.

noisereductions 05.03.2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

The lawnmower = part 3, buddy. Plus, the Freddy and Jason kids scene sucks the mighty balls of the infamous Saturday The 14th/blowing up fish with firecrackers scene.

Get with it, just this once, bro.

I remembered the Lawnmover scene was 3 and edited my post before you posted yr response. Yr still nuts. 2 rules. Plus the chicks in 3 are all ugly.

!@#$%! 05.03.2010 01:47 PM

fucking great