Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

batreleaser 04.26.2010 08:30 PM

Haha, yeah his botched versions of his father's lessons is one of the best things about that film.

atsonicpark 04.27.2010 01:30 AM

He also mentions Godard in it! Squid and the Whale is probably the definition of a great indie film. It's short, cheap, to the point, doesn't have any filler, isn't annoying, is fast-paced, unique, and there's lots of depth to it. Doesn't try to be anything it's not, doesn't have any cliche bullshit, actually has a few things in it you flat out would not see in a "big" movie (little kid wiping cum on lockers). also, can be found at big lots for like $3. amazing film.

atsonicpark 04.27.2010 01:37 AM

anyway...

giuseppe andrews' "The fast" - 9/10

holy weapon - 7/10

words dont do justice to how insane this one gets.

a-p a. niemi 04.27.2010 04:00 AM

Nääh.

noisereductions 04.27.2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by batreleaser
Haha, yeah his botched versions of his father's lessons is one of the best things about that film.

"it's a minor Dickens..."

noisereductions 04.27.2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
He also mentions Godard in it! Squid and the Whale is probably the definition of a great indie film. It's short, cheap, to the point, doesn't have any filler, isn't annoying, is fast-paced, unique, and there's lots of depth to it. Doesn't try to be anything it's not, doesn't have any cliche bullshit, actually has a few things in it you flat out would not see in a "big" movie (little kid wiping cum on lockers). also, can be found at big lots for like $3. amazing film.

plus Anna Paquin is in it

noisereductions 04.27.2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a-p a. niemi

Nääh.

I love the Mothman legend. I read/watch everything about it that I can. And to be honest, the thing that bothers me MOST about this movie is that MOTHMAN F./ING CALLS SOMEBODY O NTHE MF'ING PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so stupid. Mothman does NOT! (did not?) TALK!! Argh!

Rob Instigator 04.27.2010 09:08 AM

mothman does not use the phone

noisereductions 04.27.2010 09:13 AM

it gives that impression though. Remember?

Rob Instigator 04.27.2010 09:19 AM

for sure, in the shit movie. I was just backing ya up cuz the "real" tales of mothman involve no phone!

noisereductions 04.27.2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
for sure, in the shit movie. I was just backing ya up cuz the "real" tales of mothman involve no phone!

ooooooooh right right

...are you into the legend?

Rob Instigator 04.27.2010 10:38 AM

I have read about the Mothman since I was in 7th grade (20+ years ago)
and when I first read about it it creeped me out bad! I would not look out windows at night man!

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.27.2010 11:06 AM

I know nothing of this so-called Mothman or his prophecies. Please explain guys.

noisereductions 04.27.2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I have read about the Mothman since I was in 7th grade (20+ years ago)
and when I first read about it it creeped me out bad! I would not look out windows at night man!

OMG same here. When I first read about it I was like 19 and living alone in a shack in the middle of this huge farm field. (seriously) and I saw these drawings of so called witness accounts. And it creeped me out soooooo bad. I'd go out to have a cigarette at night, and I'd feel like Mothman was in the woods. Of course I was in MA, not VA -- but I figured who knows? Dude could do some traveling.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.27.2010 11:13 AM

Like this???

noisereductions 04.27.2010 11:29 AM

Dr. Eugene, I just noticed yr from Detroit. i don't know why I never realized that before. But that adds up. No wonder yr so into Esham. And that explains why you like ICP. (Guy.)

noisereductions 04.27.2010 11:29 AM

Dr. Eugene, I just noticed yr from Detroit. i don't know why I never realized that before. But that adds up. No wonder yr so into Esham. And that explains why you like ICP. (Guy.)

noisereductions 04.27.2010 11:30 AM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.27.2010 11:43 AM

Dr. Eugene Felikson 04.27.2010 11:46 AM

I think I'm going to watch Candyman again today. Maybe that'll help me write a movie that doesn't suck.