Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sister or Goo? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9026)

Norma J 12.18.2006 04:20 AM

Of course you'd consider it thought out, just as a todler might. Whatever though, continue on your way.

sun city girl 12.18.2006 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-krack
So true, plus, Dave was the drummer, he didn't write anything, he just played.

he wrote and sang marigold. but whateva, he wasn't on 'bleach' so who cares...

kingcoffee 12.18.2006 12:47 PM

Sister is the obvious better record. Not that I dont love Goo but I mean let's get serious. Goo just doesnt hold up to Sister.

kingcoffee 12.18.2006 12:48 PM

Many a good time gettin totally lit and listening to Schizophrenia.

k-krack 12.18.2006 09:24 PM

What he means, sway(e), is that you don't seem to read posts before yrs, ie, becoming a drone, saying what's already been said (and those things not necessarily bringing anything to the table to begin with).

Dead-Air 12.18.2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantophobia
he did add to the band, but just as easily Dan Peters could have left Mudhoney to become their permanent drummer, and almost the same effect

Dave hit the drums harder then Channing, Crover, or Peters, and was the best drummer, i'll give him that, but people only have memorys as far back as TV can let them remember, and Dave becoming a star on his own clouds the perception that he was the drummer, and sans two songs didn't write anything

Hold on there. I know you were referring mostly to Channing, but since you went and included Crover, I must beg to differ. His best work is certainly not his bried Nirvana stint, but nobody hits the drums harder than Dale! Except maybe William Hooker. Dale is the fucking best rock drummer on the planet, and anyone who's ever been in Nirvana would back that up, since they were worshipping him in high school.

EMMAh 12.18.2006 10:36 PM

I like Sister a lot more.

Norma J 12.18.2006 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
nope, i dont always read all the responses to posts...and it is common for me to just simply respond to the actual person who started the thread, than what everyone else is saying.

true, yes! so what?

Well if you had read the rest of the thread, you'd have discovered that I was not comparing the albums musically at all - I stated that in numerous posts. I was just asking which album you prefer. If I was to ask you, who do you like more, Madonna or MegaDeath, I'd be asking which you prefer, like more - obviously. Nothing less, nothing more. You and a few others made a mountain out of a molehill. Obviously the albums are fucking different, which is why I asked the damn question.

Stupid.

HaydenAsche 12.18.2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
is that even a valid question? goo is tripe.

Truth.

Norma J 12.19.2006 01:06 AM

I'm chilled. I just don't know why anyone would care to elborate with such a bogus point. That's all.

pantophobia 12.19.2006 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Hold on there. I know you were referring mostly to Channing, but since you went and included Crover, I must beg to differ. His best work is certainly not his bried Nirvana stint, but nobody hits the drums harder than Dale! Except maybe William Hooker. Dale is the fucking best rock drummer on the planet, and anyone who's ever been in Nirvana would back that up, since they were worshipping him in high school.

i think Crover would have been the best drummer for bleach, even more so then Dave, and certainly would have made that album more listen-able but Dale i don't think would have worked well within the aesthetic on Nevermind (In Utero he could have)

kinda hijacked the original thread, but meh, it's just the same argument repeated ad nauseum

hellotwentyfifteen 12.19.2006 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swa(y)
there two totally different albums, not only in sound, but in emotion.

this is the same things as having a pole titled "jacki chan or julia roberts".

yeah, they are both actors, but different audiences are going to appreciate one more than the other.

just for the record, i prefer sister. however, this means absolutely nothing as the albums are both very different.

you spelled "they're" wrong.