Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

!@#$%! 04.30.2008 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I really like this movie. begosian is intense

yeah, he's great in it. i'm not sure about oliver stone's hammy hand though.

---

EmmaH-- the rats didn't carry the plague?? who did??

this is new to me & i'm curious.

gmku 04.30.2008 11:46 AM

Marie Antoinette

Rewatched via cable today, originally saw in theater. I love the shoe-trying-on scene where there's a pair of baby blue Converse Chucks in the background!

EMMAh 04.30.2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah, he's great in it. i'm not sure about oliver stone's hammy hand though.

---

EmmaH-- the rats didn't carry the plague?? who did??

this is new to me & i'm curious.

When people got the plague it was because a flee infected them, rats just happened to carry the flee.

EMMAh 04.30.2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Marie Antoinette

Rewatched via cable today, originally saw in theater. I love the shoe-trying-on scene where there's a pair of baby blue Converse Chucks in the background!

So it's a good movie I'm guessing? I've never seen it but the adds for it kind of caught my attention.

jon boy 04.30.2008 12:00 PM

we own the night. it was ok in parts but pretty awful in a lot of it.

gmku 04.30.2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
So it's a good movie I'm guessing? I've never seen it but the adds for it kind of caught my attention.

Yeah, I love it. I might be in the minority opinion, though.

!@#$%! 04.30.2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMMAh
When people got the plague it was because a flee infected them, rats just happened to carry the flee.

oh yeah sure. but it was the rats that took the fleas in the ships.

Rob Instigator 04.30.2008 01:28 PM

it was not the fleas or the rats, they were just carriers. it was the practice throughout europe of disposing raw sewage directly into the streams and rivers as well as dumping the bedpans of piss and the odd shit every single morning out the window to drain down the gutters of the streets. fucking disgusting

EMMAh 04.30.2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

it was not the fleas or the rats, they were just carriers. it was the practice throughout europe of disposing raw sewage directly into the streams and rivers as well as dumping the bedpans of piss and the odd shit every single morning out the window to drain down the gutters of the streets. fucking disgusting

I dunno if they talked about this, my memory is hazy.

gmku 04.30.2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

ewww....

!@#$%! 04.30.2008 02:59 PM

rob, that's cholera, not the bubonic plague

the bubonic plague aka the black death is transmitted by blood/fleas via rats

Rob Instigator 04.30.2008 03:02 PM

ahhh, either way them euro whiteys were some filth dwelling shit sucking nasty fucks.

!@#$%! 04.30.2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

ahhh, either way them euro whiteys were some filth dwelling shit sucking nasty fucks.

true dat

fugazifan 04.30.2008 07:02 PM

i fnally finished dead ringers. fantastic. i need to see more croneberg. jeremy irons is brilliant in it.
im now rewatching susperia. probably the best horror movie that ive seen. that first murder scene is one of gthe best. i really have to see more argento, especially profondo rossi. i heard thats great

✌➬ 05.01.2008 12:17 AM

Bad Education.

LifeDistortion 05.01.2008 01:48 AM

Saw "Into The Wild", thought it was really good.

fugazifan 05.03.2008 11:30 AM

yesterday i saw fellinis 8 1/2-excellent
and today i saw greenaways 8 1/2 women - meh. not even close to his other films. a zed and two noughts is my favorite of his so far. still need to see most of them

mangajunky 05.03.2008 01:06 PM

Unleashed - Jet Li
Better than I expected. It was fun.

!@#$%! 05.03.2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
and today i saw greenaways 8 1/2 women - meh. not even close to his other films. a zed and two noughts is my favorite of his so far. still need to see most of them

i vaguely remember 81/2 women. one thing with greenaway i think is he suffers from bad conscience, white man's guilt, something like that. like nietzsche's "last man".

my favorite of his is the pillow book, and that's because of the extraordinary beauty of vivian wu.

nicfit 05.04.2008 06:33 AM

cloverfield - liked it way more than I thought I would
idiocracy - hmmmmmmmm, meh.

tw2113 05.04.2008 01:53 PM

The Stoned Age

swimsuitissue 05.09.2008 12:04 AM

Lars and the Real Girl

fugazifan 05.09.2008 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
cloverfield - liked it way more than I thought I would
idiocracy - hmmmmmmmm, meh.

yeah cloverfield was suprisingly entertaining
i saw touch of evil last night. it was great

racehorse 05.09.2008 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
yesterday i saw fellinis 8 1/2-excellent

Maybe the greatest film ever made? Does it beat Dolce?? Ahh I can't choose. Fellini is a god.

I haven't watched a film in a while - last was Mirror by Tarkovsky. Quite wonderful.

The Usher 05.09.2008 05:09 AM

Eastern Promises.

I didn't think it was all that great. Naomi Watts kind of ruins things for me. The ending (I won't spoilt it if you haven't seen it) is so stupid it's untrue.

Rob Instigator 05.09.2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Usher
Eastern Promises.

I didn't think it was all that great. Naomi Watts kind of ruins things for me. The ending (I won't spoilt it if you haven't seen it) is so stupid it's untrue.

I fucking LOVED the movie, but I also did not like the jarring ending which did not end it right.

fugazifan 05.09.2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racehorse
Maybe the greatest film ever made? Does it beat Dolce?? Ahh I can't choose. Fellini is a god.

I haven't watched a film in a while - last was Mirror by Tarkovsky. Quite wonderful.

i liked it a bit better than dolce, but they are pretty similar in structure, and the way they where made. i dont know about greatest, but they are pretty amazing.
i bought on VHS for 3$ each
both seasons of police squad
dracula has risen from the grave (hammer)
and some movie called
strange invaders

they were also selling john carpenter's prince of darkness but i didnt get it. is it any good?

nicfit 05.09.2008 09:30 AM

I watched Southland Tales, and I'm not sure yet wether I like it or find it useless. Which is maybe a good thing (leaving the audience "confused"/with mixed feelings).

The Usher 05.09.2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

I fucking LOVED the movie, but I also did not like the jarring ending which did not end it right.

Yeah, I did really like elements of it, but man, what was going on with her keeping the baby? It just wouldn't happen. Also, if the father was so powerful, he'd have had the whole lot of them wiped out from inside prison. Once I start to unpick something, I just totally destroy it for myself!

Stijn 05.09.2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racehorse

Greatest movie ending for sure

!@#$%! 05.09.2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Usher
spoilers

did you get who is the new boss?

ALIEN ANAL 05.10.2008 02:51 AM

fuck i loved Im Not There

i watched Control last night

i really want joe anderson as kurt cobain
and their manager as dave grohl :P

nicfit 05.10.2008 03:39 AM

Iron Man, loads of fun.

davenotdead 05.10.2008 11:32 AM

pretty good

Destroyed 05.10.2008 01:35 PM

Last Week: Shadow Of A Doubt
Great Movie

LittlePuppetBoy 05.10.2008 02:30 PM

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (the Temple of Doom sucks horribly)

mangajunky 05.11.2008 06:16 PM

Children of Men

fuckin' A!!!!

Rob Instigator 05.12.2008 08:30 AM

Princess Mononoke (again)

and The Diving Bell & The Butterfly

Loved it. did not move in any way for at least an hour. great movie.

PAULYBEE2656 05.12.2008 01:51 PM

amazing film... watch it!

fugazifan 05.12.2008 04:15 PM

wristcutters a love story
it was excellent