Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

noisereductions 01.07.2010 03:39 PM

^pretty poopie. And hard to take serious.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.07.2010 08:18 PM

Really? I thought it was superbly choreographed, and a whole hell of a lot of fun. Maybe it's because I wasn't trying to take it too seriously. Also, the ending was brilliant.

noisereductions 01.07.2010 09:41 PM

I think I watched it right after watching Opera and Susperia, so then it was like... really bad.

atsonicpark 01.08.2010 06:54 AM

Phenomena is pretty great, too long though.

atsonicpark 01.08.2010 06:55 AM

re-watched psycho cop 2 with the old lady, classic/10.

"You have the right to remain... dead."

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.08.2010 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
I think I watched it right after watching Opera and Susperia, so then it was like... really bad.

I haven't seen Opera yet, but I prefer Phenomena to Suspiria. It's rougher around the edges (visually, Suspiria was almost too perfect), and the plot was much more compelling to me.

atsonicpark 01.08.2010 07:10 AM

Opera and Tenebre and Deep Red and the animal trilogy are my favorites. Never saw the big deal with Suspiria, aside from the oversaturated visuals and the first killing. It's alright, certainly not BAD but eh. Bad Argento = Inferno, Phantom of the Opera, and most of his recent shit.

Trasher02 01.08.2010 07:14 AM

le french are le très mad

noisereductions 01.08.2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I haven't seen Opera yet, but I prefer Phenomena to Suspiria. It's rougher around the edges (visually, Suspiria was almost too perfect), and the plot was much more compelling to me.

Opera is easily Argento's best. It's amazing. Phanton Of The Opera on the other hand...

noisereductions 01.09.2010 09:48 AM

demonrail666 01.09.2010 12:27 PM

Maybe my favourite Frankenstein movie.

noisereductions 01.09.2010 01:01 PM

^never saw that one.

demonrail666 01.09.2010 01:07 PM

It's the second of Hammer's Frankenstein films. It tends to get overlooked because it doesn't include Christopher Lee as the creature. I might've been overcompensating a little when saying that it's my 'favourite' Frankenstein movie (which, thinking about it, is still probably Hammer's first one) but an excellent film nonetheless.

TheFoxBen 01.09.2010 07:27 PM

(Re)watched

10/10. I saw this movie on TV when I was like 11 or 12 and it was a complete mindfuck but I always remembered it as a very good movie (since Lynch is one of my favorite directors ever and I've seen all of his movies. Inland Empire was the best and the most terrifying experience I had in a theater) but I've waited 5 or 6 years to properly rewatch it and, wow... My brother subscribed to a French magazine called "Les cahiers du cinéma" and there was a picture of Mulholland Drive on the cover. The title of the issue was "The best movies of the decade". Of course, this movie was number one and they wrote a long article about it. Anyway, that made me wanna see it again. Now, I wouldn't say it's the best movie of the decade because my favorite movie (Punch-Drunk Love) already is but Mulholland Drive is certainly second. I won't talk about how this movie is so intelligent and so impressive because you just have to watch it to believe it. It has become one of my favorite movies.

noisereductions 01.09.2010 07:39 PM

Mulholland is a 10/10. Probably my favorite Lynch film. Love it hardcore.

Heywood Floyd 01.09.2010 08:12 PM

much love for Mulholland Drive. "Accessible" Lynch at his best.

EVOLghost 01.09.2010 08:36 PM

Quote:

oh you saw Megan Fox 3?

noisereductions 01.09.2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
oh you saw Megan Fox 3?

I don't get it?

anyway, I'm not a big fan of hers, but she was good in this. I like the Mean Girls girl. She's good in most things. The movie was better than I expected. And Screeching Weasel was in it. Yeah.

noisereductions 01.09.2010 09:55 PM

I thought it was funny. But I liked Borat a lot more.

EVOLghost 01.09.2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

I don't get it?

I'm sorry....it's kind of a joke I kind of made up with some friends. It's just that...well I think she's friggin' hot...(or at least just when she's not on the red carpet...). Anyways. I figured she's gonna be the a main attraction in (most of) her movies so I thought that every movie in which she is in should just be called Megan Fox.