Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

atsonicpark 12.25.2009 12:57 PM

DROP DEAD FRED rules, and Phoebe Cates is hottttttt.

atsonicpark 12.25.2009 12:58 PM

rubin and ed - 8/10

Derek 12.25.2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
DROP DEAD FRED rules, and Phoebe Cates is hottttttt.

My girlfriend loves it, and it was entertaining enough for me!

Keeping It Simple 12.26.2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chicka
all this talk about Freddy got Fingered reminded me of another fred classic
Drop Dead Fred with Phobe Cates. I'll have to go find it for a watch

It was a crap film. What on Earth was Rik Mayall thinking by portraying his character as "Rick" from "The Young Ones"? No wonder his attempt to break into Hollywood collapsed at the first hurdle.

noisereductions 12.26.2009 09:29 AM

Inglorious Basterds

EVOLghost 12.26.2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Inglorious Basterds

I finally saw it like last week. I fuckin' loved it.

EVOLghost 12.26.2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Re-watched Freddy Got Fingered for the 500th time with the old lady. What a masterpiece. The most surreal and brilliant mainstream comedy, maybe ever? 10/10.

I lost my copy of this...good movie. I loved it.

Keeping It Simple 12.26.2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
Inglorious Basterds

Inglourious? :p

fugazifan 12.26.2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

FGF actually got criterioned?
and yeah stalker is amazing. i have only seen that and solaris, i need more tarkovsky.
today i saw oh woe is me
and the second half of offenbach's tales of hoffman operetta. i might be watching visconti's la tera trema with my girlfriend later

noisereductions 12.26.2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I finally saw it like last week. I fuckin' loved it.

me too. Me too!

noisereductions 12.26.2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Inglourious? :p

whatevs.

Keeping It Simple 12.26.2009 01:56 PM

I purchased the director's cut of "Watchmen" on Blu-ray today. I think from now on I'm going to buy movies on Blu-ray instead of on DVD.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 12.26.2009 05:20 PM

Blu-Rays do sound quite appealing, but I don't think I'll be making the switch any time soon. Until I get a snazzy HD TV, DVDs are perfectly fine with me. Hell, I still watch VHS tapes.

Derek 12.26.2009 05:43 PM

I have no desire to buy blu-rays. Why spend £20-£30 on a blu-ray when I could buy a DVD used for £4 or less ya know?

TheFoxBen 12.26.2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
FGF actually got criterioned?
and yeah stalker is amazing. i have only seen that and solaris, i need more tarkovsky.
today i saw oh woe is me
and the second half of offenbach's tales of hoffman operetta. i might be watching visconti's la tera trema with my girlfriend later

Freddy Got Fingered doesn't exist on Criterion, I think that cover art is just a fan-made. That movie is really awesome and so underrated... Maybe it's just ahead of its time, give it another decade or two and it will be hailed as a masterpiece.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I purchased the director's cut of "Watchmen" on Blu-ray today. I think from now on I'm going to buy movies on Blu-ray instead of on DVD.

Watchmen is THE movie to watch on blu-ray. Visually speaking, it's one of the most impressive movies I've seen. I seriously think it's one of the best movies of the year.

Today, I've seen:

7/10. Oscars is shit and Taxi Driver is a better movie, that's all I've got to say... Well, actually it was pretty good.

8/10 but 10/10 on gayness scale. A movie for those who enjoyed Happiness.

atsonicpark 12.26.2009 07:35 PM

Mysterious Skin rules. Araki is one of my favorite directors of all time, definitely underappreciated. TOTALLY FUCKED UP, NOWHERE, DOOM GENERATION, LIVING END, and SPLENDOR are great movies as well.

Fugazifan, what'd you think of OH WOE IS ME? That's one of my top Godards.

And no Freddy Got Fingered wasn't Criterionized, wouldn't that be a great cover for it though?

fugazifan 12.27.2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Mysterious Skin rules. Araki is one of my favorite directors of all time, definitely underappreciated. TOTALLY FUCKED UP, NOWHERE, DOOM GENERATION, LIVING END, and SPLENDOR are great movies as well.

Fugazifan, what'd you think of OH WOE IS ME? That's one of my top Godards.

And no Freddy Got Fingered wasn't Criterionized, wouldn't that be a great cover for it though?

i liked oh woe is me? a lot. i watched it just as i woke up so i didnt follow all of it, but i doubt that i would have been able to even if i was still awake. it was visually stunning. especially the scene at the beginning wheen the guy stands on the road in the pasture and all of the out of focus scenes, and when he covers the camea.
godard is too smart for his own good.
and i didnt like freddy got fingered at all. maybe someday i will get it

sonic sphere 12.27.2009 08:40 AM

atsonicpark 12.27.2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
and i didnt like freddy got fingered at all. maybe someday i will get it

It's just a hilariously surreal, absurdist comedy.

noisereductions 12.27.2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic sphere

loved.