Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

fugazifan 11.19.2009 01:55 AM

i finally watched they live yesterday. it was excellent. where can i see zizek talk about it?
its not on a perverts guide to cinema, is it?
i also saw
Les Vacances de monsieur hulot 10/10
one of the funniest movies ive ever seen

looking glass spectacle 11.19.2009 03:15 AM

nicfit 11.19.2009 05:16 AM

jennifer's body.
Much less entertaining than I thought, but hey, Megan Fox can act (at least with her voice)!.
zombiland
the BM bit is incredible, the rest a bit dull.
stone!
Dawn of the Dead with no audio remixed with music from my itunes playlist. AMAZING.
I wish I recorded that shit.

nicfit 11.19.2009 05:31 AM

bumbebebrereruiuioopp

Quote:

Originally Posted by ni'k
can anyone recommend me some freaky sci fi weird shit?

Torn Curtain 11.19.2009 06:34 AM

I found Existenz really boring (but I'm not a Cronenberg fan, the only movie of his I've liked so far is The fly).

atsonicpark 11.19.2009 07:46 AM

Had to cuddle up with the old lady and rewatch IRREVERSIBLE last night. Lemme tell you what, there's lots of laughs and this is a good film for the whole family.it makes people fall in love all over again and re marry each other in the aisles and it brings you joy to know that people are putting great family films out like this everyday now cause in the past they didn't do nothin but support filth and violent dirt trash.this film is finally something you can watch with the wife and not be afraid to pass gas afterwards because she loves you and the film loves children and wants us all to be the best in our lives until we die from everything we eat.but gaspar noe blew my children away with this little gem.he made them want to live again and since i saw it i've become a filmmaker who makes family movies.

Keeping It Simple 11.19.2009 08:12 AM

Best war movie ever made.

TheFoxBen 11.19.2009 09:49 AM

^ The poster is absolutely brilliant ! Still need to watch it but I know my brother bought a box with this and "Convoy".

shabbray2.0 11.19.2009 10:04 AM

freeway
pretty strange but entertaining flick

Massenvernichtungswaffen 11.19.2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Had to cuddle up with the old lady and rewatch IRREVERSIBLE last night. Lemme tell you what, there's lots of laughs and this is a good film for the whole family.it makes people fall in love all over again and re marry each other in the aisles and it brings you joy to know that people are putting great family films out like this everyday now cause in the past they didn't do nothin but support filth and violent dirt trash.this film is finally something you can watch with the wife and not be afraid to pass gas afterwards because she loves you and the film loves children and wants us all to be the best in our lives until we die from everything we eat.but gaspar noe blew my children away with this little gem.he made them want to live again and since i saw it i've become a filmmaker who makes family movies.

ha ha ha haha

that shit is so fucked up man.
have you seen "I stand Alone"???
that's even more fucked up.

shabbray2.0 11.19.2009 11:23 AM

^^both are pretty movies.
pretty as the holocaust...hahaah

jerf 11.19.2009 09:22 PM

Last House on the Left.
The new remake.

It was shit.

Massenvernichtungswaffen 11.19.2009 09:44 PM

Buffalo 66 for the last time

deflinus 11.19.2009 10:50 PM

fucking amazing. something about this film that really got to the core of me. redemption and romance blooming out of fucked up tragedy and insanity.. brilliant

atsonicpark 11.20.2009 12:19 AM

I STAND ALONE is in my top 25 favorite films ever, definitely.

also, I LOVE freeway.

buffalo 66 is pretty fun, I like Brown Bunny more.

Fisher King is good, never liked Gilliam at all but that's a good flick. Brilliant performances.

DeadDiscoDildo 11.20.2009 12:27 AM

I like adventures of Baron Munchousen better than Fisher King, but yeah...it's a good movie. I like a few of Gilliam's films alot!

atsonicpark 11.20.2009 12:32 AM

Yeah I like Fear and Loathing (though the book's better obviously) and 12 Monkeys (though the movie it's based off of, La Jetée, is better) and like parts of Brazil (never saw all the hype with it, the acting in it is distractingly bad, but it has some brilliant moments). I dunno, I don't really like his style, I find his flicks long and unwieldy and a bit dry and his editing gives me a headache. Shrug. I'm definitely in the minority here, though my friend Booe says that Time Bandits is his least favorite film of all time, haha.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 11.20.2009 02:04 AM

My favorite from Gilliam is The Holy Grail.

I'm generally for less government when it comes to most political issues, but this film is undeniably persuasive.

Sonic Youth 37 11.20.2009 12:23 PM

ni'k 11.20.2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fugazifan
i finally watched they live yesterday. it was excellent. where can i see zizek talk about it?
its not on a perverts guide to cinema, is it?
i also saw
Les Vacances de monsieur hulot 10/10
one of the funniest movies ive ever seen

he mentions it in many of his talks, there is a youtube channelcalled "mariobchan" that has all the good shit. there's one there called hollywood ideology that has clip from it.

everyone needs to buy his books from amazon.