Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why do you Hate WAL-MART?? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=651)

Savage Clone 04.06.2006 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qprogeny79
wal-mart shall eat from the palm of my hand.

"From under my Iron Fist" sounds way better!

!@#$%! 04.06.2006 03:52 PM

so none of you hate wal-mart for being incidentally related to the sexual neuroses of a narcissistic woman-child?? i'm shocked... :eek:

jheii 04.06.2006 04:08 PM

Anyone who contributes to any sort of neuroses should be congratulated. But it's not hip to congratulate Wal-Mart for anything. My brain's going to explode.

!@#$%! 04.06.2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jheii
But it's not hip to congratulate Wal-Mart for anything.

ah!! hipster!! :D

sellouteater 04.06.2006 04:12 PM

Did he post on the hipster thread?

jheii 04.06.2006 04:15 PM

I am the ultimate hipster, of course I posted on the hipster thread.

!@#$%! 04.06.2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jheii
I am the ultimate hipster, of course I posted on the hipster thread.

do you ever use the word "deck" as an adjective? (im not talking tape decks) i have never met anyone who says that, and it supposedly is a requirement according to the hipster handbook. as a matter of fact, i've never set foot in brooklyn either.

jheii 04.06.2006 04:28 PM

I guess I'll have to forfeit my hipster title on a technicality. I've never heard of that either.

sellouteater 04.06.2006 04:34 PM

Some hipster made that up so all the other hipsters would think they are not hip, because they dont know the word. Thus, the hipster whom made that word up would become the ultiment hipster.

jheii 04.06.2006 04:38 PM

We need to find out who he is, so we can revoke his hipster status by accusing him of trying too hard. We'll also put the word "deck" back where it belongs. In the electronics section.

sellouteater 04.06.2006 04:39 PM

Yeah

Laila 04.06.2006 04:43 PM

what the hell!!! i didn't know wal mart was in europe! those bastards!!

sellouteater 04.06.2006 04:45 PM

Death To Wal Mart

SpankMarvin 04.06.2006 04:58 PM

Quote:

if wal-mart treated its employees poorly, no one would want to work for it. and i'm curious to see how you'd argue that wal-mart "undermines the first amendment" . . . the first amendment establishes limits only on the power of CONGRESS, not private corporations. if wal-mart wants to practice censorship, that is its prerogative.

Right. And most people would say that such a prerogative is a shitty one which dictates where one will choose to spend one's money. It's like voting - do you support the right when you're pro left? No, you support the party which reflects your principles. Likewise, you spend your money where you want that money to go. I'm hardly an activist, but I flatly refuse to buy Nestle products. I am guilty of being less than proactive in otehr areas, but this one is easy to keep up. I hate Nestle. I am glad that none of my limited finances go to further their ethics. Although most of the information I know about Walmart is second, third-hand, it's still reliable enough for me to shop elsewhere.

I daresay it's true that Walmart treats its immediate employees extremely well. The problem is that many large corporations are able to have this as a handy distraction from the few-degrees-removed exploitation of those even more in need than Mr Meet and Greet.

The most alarming thing about Walmart, as I have found in my limited experience of it, is that it will invariably stink of shitty nappies (daipers).

qprogeny79 04.06.2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpankMarvin
Right. And most people would say that such a prerogative is a shitty one which dictates where one will choose to spend one's money. It's like voting - do you support the right when you're pro left? No, you support the party which reflects your principles. Likewise, you spend your money where you want that money to go. I'm hardly an activist, but I flatly refuse to buy Nestle products. I am guilty of being less than proactive in otehr areas, but this one is easy to keep up. I hate Nestle. I am glad that none of my limited finances go to further their ethics. Although most of the information I know about Walmart is second, third-hand, it's still reliable enough for me to shop elsewhere.

I daresay it's true that Walmart treats its immediate employees extremely well. The problem is that many large corporations are able to have this as a handy distraction from the few-degrees-removed exploitation of those even more in need than Mr Meet and Greet.

The most alarming thing about Walmart, as I have found in my limited experience of it, is that it will invariably stink of shitty nappies (daipers).

haha -- yeah, see like two pages ago.

!@#$%! 04.06.2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

like what part?

SpankMarvin 04.06.2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Oh dear. did anyone expect me to read the WHOLE thread? It's 4 pages long!

qprogeny79 04.06.2006 05:11 PM

like, i was like, being sarcastic, y'know?

yeah, to reiterate, it's all a matter of personal preference. if you don't like certain companies, stay away.

!@#$%! 04.06.2006 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laila
i don't hate walmart cause of the way they run the store or employees or anything like that. i just hate it cause you go in there to buy one fucking thing and it takes you like an hour to get your ass out of there. and the stores are so unbelieveably huge that it takes forever to get what you want. and that guy that whistled at me didn't work there, he was just some wierdo that was there.

yeah, it always delays your trip when you have to go back inside and buy dry panties :D

truncated 04.06.2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah, it always delays your trip when you have to go back inside an buy dry panties :D

Yet another deserved "LOL"