Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter, dies in "marine accident" (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=5707)

nicfit 09.04.2006 12:26 PM

maybe that stingray had croc relatives. (ha ha,black humor.heck,always better than black tumor.)

Tokolosh 09.04.2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I assume this will be on You Tube in about a week.

What? The funeral or Stingy in a fish soup?

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.04.2006 12:31 PM

Either one sounds like a lot of fun!

golden child 09.04.2006 01:08 PM

he was filming for his daughters tv show, i bet she is bummed.

12 inch serated tails are killers.

LittlePuppetBoy 09.04.2006 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
I heard this last night on Radio Canada International and thought I was hearing things. It was late, and I was half asleep. I guess it was true. Wow.

How do you get Radio Canada in Nebraska?

Danny Himself 09.04.2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh
He probably tried to grab Stingy for a group photo and got nailed with a 5 inch muthafuckin' needle. :D

Fuck you. He ruled, and the argument ends there. Crikey, have some bloody respect, wombat!

Massenvernichtungswaffen 09.04.2006 02:50 PM

very unfortunate. like someone else said.. at least he died doing what he loved.

r.i.p you crazy aussie.

Cantankerous 09.04.2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittlePuppetBoy
How do you get Radio Canada in Nebraska?

shortwave radio i assume/

Пятхъдесят Шест 09.04.2006 04:07 PM

Radio Canada International is actually sort of tough to pick up on the shortwaves, every now and again I'll get it, with poor reception. However, they have some ace programs that I enjoy quite a bit, so I'll often listen to them online, as I was last night.

atari 2600 09.04.2006 04:18 PM

The last time I remember seeing him was on Leno with Catherine Zeta-Jones the night Sonic Youth did "Unmade Bed." The vcd of the video has him on it too.

I wonder how many of those outfits he had.

Tokolosh 09.04.2006 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Himself
Fuck you. He ruled, and the argument ends there. Crikey, have some bloody respect, wombat!

Touchy, Touchy. I don't like to talk bad about dead people but this guy was pretty daft. To get spicked by a stingray, which hardly ever happens, he had to be doing something wrong, like most of the other times when he got lucky. He ran around scaring animals away and he couldn't keep his hands off them. If he knew a little about them, he'd know that pissing off snakes, great whites, wild camels etc, is not the way to work with animals. Let's not forget bringing his baby boy into the feeding enclosure for crocs. Piss off Danny!!

acousticrock87 09.04.2006 05:08 PM

If he didn't have kids and a wife, I wouldn't have cared much. He put himself in danger and certainly expected it. But he does, so it's pretty fucked up.

atari 2600 09.04.2006 05:37 PM

It seemed to me Irwin had a lot of dopamine in his brain chemistry. Maybe he had a form of Tourette's Syndrome, or maybe the amped-up approach to life was only a by-product of his thrill-seeking behaviors.

I remember that news story about his child. And I suppose the woman that was on his show was his wife. That is sad for them. I wonder what kind of insurance someone like Irwin could have gotten. I imagine he had good insurance, but that it was very expensive.

youthoftomorrow 09.04.2006 05:57 PM

i didn't know that stingrays could be lethal. surprising.

RIP Steve.

Danny Himself 09.04.2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokolosh
Touchy, Touchy. I don't like to talk bad about dead people but this guy was pretty daft. To get spicked by a stingray, which hardly ever happens, he had to be doing something wrong, like most of the other times when he got lucky. He ran around scaring animals away and he couldn't keep his hands off them. If he knew a little about them, he'd know that pissing off snakes, great whites, wild camels etc, is not the way to work with animals. Let's not forget bringing his baby boy into the feeding enclosure for crocs. Piss off Danny!!

Rawr.

golden child 09.04.2006 06:27 PM

Quote:

Let's not forget bringing his baby boy into the feeding enclosure for crocs.

oh come on.

Cantankerous 09.04.2006 08:53 PM

i think he's taught us all a very important lesson:
stay the fuck away from the ocean.

terminal pharmacy 09.04.2006 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain
He kind of had it coming to him to be fair.

this

terminal pharmacy 09.04.2006 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicfit
yep,but you could say the same for everyone who does a dangerous job,but i think it does not mean they "deserve" to die...if you know whaddaymeeeean.

and this

is what alot of people around the world think about the world trade centre incident

acousticrock87 09.04.2006 11:54 PM

Oh this will end well...