Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Just took some shrooms, bro. (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40360)

ann ashtray 07.06.2010 04:10 PM

Missed you, too...fellow-ess southerner.

SONIC GAIL 07.06.2010 04:23 PM

We rock tha sooth

ann ashtray 07.06.2010 04:24 PM

most under-rated place on the planet. Even the equator ain't got shitz.

akprodr 07.06.2010 04:30 PM

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

akprodr 07.06.2010 04:31 PM

Only users lose drugs.

SONIC GAIL 07.06.2010 04:39 PM

Can't rep u damn. All to many times. Its fun when you find them though

FreshChops 07.06.2010 05:06 PM

First time I ate shrooms, I couldn't see people, especially their faces. I knew people were around me and we were talking but it was almost like telepathic experiences. I would look towards where I know people were around me and they just were like a glow around them with no detail where they were. In a strange way it was like I was communicating on different dimension, like their souls or their presence alone. It wasn't a bad experience or instill panic, it was just taking it for what it is.

I've only taken shrooms 3 times. Acid, many times. Looking back, I would probably prefer shrooms because they are more consistent but I've had the most interesting and potent trips with acid. Not being able to come down from an acid trip, I ended up in a rehab/detox. Stayed for a month. I haven't done any since.

EVOLghost 07.06.2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceCadetHayden
Not next weekend but the one after that. Also, at the beginning of September to see Pretty Lights, Flying Lotus, etc at some festival.

Got any plans? We need to meet up. The soonest time I'll be there, will be with my folks but I told them I need to escape Subway Franchisee Convention at somepoint.

I ain't go no plans g. But yeah totally down to hang. I can try to find somethin' fun...

EVOLghost 07.06.2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
you must not have ever eaten mushrooms before to say some silly things like that. If you had, you would have realized that mushrooms are nature's gift to your imagination, and are a blessing and by no means a curse. if anything, your insistent and continually cynical attitude is a curse which limits and binds your heart..

I was just fucking with you actually ;)

with mushrooms, where they take you is where you need to be and the only place you need to be. if it is nowhere but the place where you ate them, so be it. You can not plan a mushroom experience, if you try you will only find yourself in the whims of spontaneity..
I'm glad you had one of those, lying on the floor having an existential nightmare with your internal dialogue kind of trips, because clearly you needed to air out some things from the vaults of your mind or else the mushrooms will not have taken you there.

I love mushrooms, I have some crazy Hawaiian strain I have never tried, they been sitting in my drawer for six months at least, waiting for that proper moment of inspiration to be consumed, I feel the time is soon..

must spread rep.

Satan 07.06.2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I must confess I love alcohol, but then a lot of thought and imagination has gone behind alcohol. Plus it can't be beaten when it comes to variety.

booze is booze man

marijuana cannot be beaten when it comes to variety. oh boy.

Quote:

Drugs are for poseur losers who haven't the imagination to alleviate their humdrum lives through other avenues.

oh how posh of you, poseur with a U.

i hope you choke on your own piss drank from your fathers fancy teacup with your pinky up you fucking hosebeast

tesla69 07.06.2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Life can be a trip without ingesting shit like shrooms. People who have to take drugs are clearly cursed with little to no imagination.

actually, using hallucinogens for spiritual and knowledge purposes is as old as human civilization - NOT USING them is abnormal.

You may have heard of the Greek mysteries that all (male) citizens attended, thought to be based around an ergot derivative (related to lysergic acid). I'll remind you the Greeks are considered the root of our civilization. Please keep telling yourself how superior you are, its all you got (and whatever you inherit from the family)

Religious people throughout the ages have used substances for various reasons, usually a direct connection to the Creator, this of course is not allowed by Statist religion like Catholicism or Judaism or Islam where only hierarchy is allowed to mediate between the Absolute.

You obviously just can't cope with super reality and I would encourage you to NEVER try any hallucinogens, you will have a bad trip.

Hey you should tell Lee and Thurston that they have little to no imagination.

ann ashtray 07.06.2010 05:42 PM

Fact: People that don't know shit about drugs (esp in way of lack of experience) should really quit voicing their opinions regarding the type of people that do do them, as well as their effects.

TV's lie. Yr parents lie. Yr teachers lie. Often without even realizing it.

if ya don't know...like, really don't know...why open yr mouth? this shit's always confused me.

Satan 07.06.2010 06:05 PM

right, why dont you go eat some acid and then get back to us, pussy

SONIC GAIL 07.06.2010 06:22 PM

Xanax vodka. Feel good. Even if only for a moment

atsonicpark 07.06.2010 06:24 PM

Um... drugs rule. The good ones, at least, have enhanced every aspect of my life. As long as they don't CONSUME your life, you're fine.

SYRFox 07.06.2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satan
i hope you choke on your own piss drank from your fathers fancy teacup with your pinky up you fucking hosebeast

classic.

deflinus 07.06.2010 09:45 PM

just bought some brooms, bro

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 07.06.2010 10:14 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FreshChops again.

Quote:

right, why dont you go eat some acid and then get back to us, pussy

shhh.. didn't the 60s prove to you with absolute clarity the pitfalls of mass acid consumption? It is like Australian Rules Football, its clearly not for everyone ;)

SpaceCadetHayden 07.06.2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I ain't go no plans g. But yeah totally down to hang. I can try to find somethin' fun...

Do it. I don't think it'd truly be a vacation without a roll and a show. I'll look into what's going on too. I'll PM you about it.

Keeping It Simple 07.07.2010 06:42 AM

Quote:

booze is booze man

marijuana cannot be beaten when it comes to variety. oh boy.

oh how posh of you, poseur with a U.

You need to drink more rather than smoke mulched plant material.