Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   was robin hood a real person? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=3783)

Lurker 07.06.2006 01:41 PM

I saw a program about this a couple of years ago. I think there were about three different guys who all had similarities to the Robin Hood myth so it was like an amalgation of these three guys. I think one of them had the name as well but in those days apparently the name Robin Hood became a kind of nick name for criminals, it was used in records and stuff.

atari 2600 07.06.2006 03:53 PM

Good Ol' Boys - Waylon Jennings

Capo at first fret

A ...................E
Just the good ol' boys
A
Never meaning no harm
E............................B7
Beats all you ever saw, been in trouble with the law
E
Since the day they was born

E.................................A
Straightening the curves, flattening the hills
E....................... B7
Someday the mountain might get 'em
E
But the law never will

Chorus...
B7
Making their way, any way they know how
E
That's just a little bit more than the law will allow

A.....................E
Just the good ol' boys
A
Wouldn't change if they could
E..........................B7..................... ...........E
Fightin' the system like a true modern day robin hood

YEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Glice 07.06.2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Clone
OK smartypants, what do you call people from the United Arab Emirates?

I didn't notice anyone respond to this. The generic answer is 'Emiritans', but there are more convoulted answers which I won't go into.

Neongod 07.06.2006 08:46 PM

Ask a Canadian, a Mexican, a Cuban, and a Brazillian who live in their respective countries if they are American. After kicking in your teeth (well, except for the Canadian) they will say no. "American", though I understand your confusion Sn@ke, generally refers only to people in the USA. It just evolved into that, and the aforementioned countrymen would not disagree. A mutual concensus you might say, regardless that the whole west has some form of "America" in its name.

Savage Clone 07.06.2006 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
I didn't notice anyone respond to this. The generic answer is 'Emiritans', but there are more convoulted answers which I won't go into.

Huh. I thought the indigenous Arabs of that area were called "Emaratis," but either way this makes perfect sense to me, and also serves as an example consistent with calling citizens of the USA "Americans."
Thanks for that.
Smartypants.

Daycare Nation 07.06.2006 09:24 PM

Does robin hood mean "robbing hoodlum?"

Lurker 07.07.2006 11:08 AM

Yeah! maybe

Laila 07.07.2006 12:42 PM

ahh i'm glad to see so many responses to my thread. by the way i wrote to my teacher and told that i think that robin hood was NOT a real person.

finding nobody 07.07.2006 12:45 PM

a freind of my dads had his wedding in the style of robbin hood. my dad was the best man. a.k.a. little john

porkmarras 07.07.2006 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laila
ahh i'm glad to see so many responses to my thread. by the way i wrote to my teacher and told that i think that robin hood was NOT a real person.

I couldn't be happier for you Laila.Imagine if you had to prove to your teacher that Robin Hood was really a poof.

h8kurdt 07.07.2006 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finding nobody
a freind of my dads had his wedding in the style of robbin hood. my dad was the best man. a.k.a. little john

Genius. Is that true?

bytheriver 07.07.2006 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porkmarras
I couldn't be happier for you Laila.Imagine if you had to prove to your teacher that Robin Hood was really a poof.

Easy, his band were called the merry men accounting for translation that could also be the gay guys, they wore tight pants, they also listened to lots of kylie minogue.

!@#$%! 07.07.2006 01:16 PM

finding nobody 07.07.2006 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Genius. Is that true?

yep. no joke

HaydenAsche 10.09.2006 12:09 PM

BUMP of love.

alyasa 10.09.2006 12:29 PM

HaydenAsche 10.09.2006 12:31 PM

LAILA?

alyasa 10.09.2006 12:32 PM

Gentlemen, meet Robyn Hood...

!@#$%! 10.09.2006 01:09 PM

nice boobs.

a pity they are plastic.

Hip Priest 10.09.2006 01:34 PM

The BBC started showing their new Robin Hood series on Saturday. If episode one is anything to go by, it's groundbreaking in its crapness.