Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   terrible canyons... can we talk about sims? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=33399)

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 10:18 PM

I seriously do. I also wish I could skip college and go straight to doing whatever the hell I want. I want to be a sim.

I'm trying to figure out how to buy the Goth's lot because it's empty, but I can't buy it in the game. RAGE. Do you know how to do that stuff?

girlgun 08.04.2009 10:19 PM

yeah i do. go to edit town... guess you don't have to evict them... you can either move in or bulldoze it and build on it. does that make sense?

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 10:20 PM

Do I have to move my lot there? I can't find the move in option.

girlgun 08.04.2009 10:27 PM

no. i think in the bottom left... there's an option to change household.

but first... go to edit town and click your lot. save belongings (not belongings and house.. unless you want to bulldoze and try to put your house in the lot, but check the sizes first) and then you should be able to click your family out of the library and move it in. try that. i'm not in the game and i can't remember exact wording.

terriblecanyons 08.04.2009 10:28 PM

I'll try that in a few minutes. I hate how the only big lots on this part of the game are only 60x60. I want to build like fucking crazy.

girlgun 08.04.2009 10:32 PM

my lot on riverside was 64 x 64 and it was the biggest lot i could find. that's why i had to leave my house behind. i was bummed.

static-harmony 08.04.2009 11:52 PM

I miss this game a lot.

ZEROpumpkins 08.05.2009 02:44 AM

The sims is fun for a bit yeah
then you wanna take it back

girlgun 08.05.2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
The sims is fun for a bit yeah
then you wanna take it back

wrong!

hey terrible canyons... did you get it figured out?

static-harmony 08.05.2009 12:50 PM

I remember I would have them go swimming and would take out the ladder so they couldn't get out.

terriblecanyons 08.05.2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static-harmony
I remember I would have them go swimming and would take out the ladder so they couldn't get out.

Unfortunately they fixed that one. Now they can just climb out. :(

Girlgun - about to give it a try. Ah jus' woke up.

static-harmony 08.05.2009 02:43 PM

OH that sucks ass.

noisereductions 08.05.2009 02:49 PM

Alright, which port should I get for either Gamecube or GBA?

Trasher02 08.05.2009 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Something I've noticed about people IN REAL LIFE who like the Sims. They buy every new Sims game and expansion pack, play it hardcore for a week, and then never touch it again. My girlfriend's Sims 3 copy already has dust on it. Not kidding.

This is exactly what my brother does, he buys all the expansions n shit, plays it for a solid month and then he just picks up another game.
Anyways I usually play it for one generation, I get bored after that.

floatingslowly 08.05.2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trasher02
Anyways I usually play it for one generation, I get bored after that.

I didn't even get that far. my burgeoning rockstar electrocuted himself while trying to make the TV better.

my heart left me after that.

:(

terriblecanyons 08.05.2009 03:02 PM

I'm on the uhh... third generation now. I had death option off for about two weeks so I could catch up on some shit.

girlgun 08.11.2009 10:05 PM

okay terrible canyons. let me explain this.....

when i tried to change towns... i couldn't figure out how to do it and moved an old version of myself, but i didn't delete her from the town when i did it right. so there were 2 of me. i went over to her house and hit on her. we hit it off.

then i wanted to start killing people so i tried testing shit on the maid... she managed to escape... i have no idea how. maybe you can't have windows?

girlgun 08.11.2009 10:05 PM

so then i made a death pool and killed one of my lovers... cycl0n3 sw0rd. after he died, she danced on his grave with her husband even though she was sad? you can see the death pool to the side.

ultimately wendybird wanted to kill the other wendybird. at first she came over pregnant and my kid (in real life) wouldn't let me kill her because she was pregnant... so next time she came over she wasn't and wendybird #2 went swimming and drown... then the real wendybird flirted with death and he became a romantic interest. he's also a kleptomaniac. sadly, his little thing that tells his traits doesn't show up on the screen shot.

anyway... was pretty pleased i made out with myself and then killed myself and now i haunt my own house both living and dead.

floatingslowly 08.11.2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlgun
my kid (in real life) wouldn't let me kill her because she was pregnant...

it's the "..." at the end that gets me. sometimes, I just have to shake my head.

dirty bunny 08.11.2009 10:23 PM

I can't begin to tell you how insane this Sims talk seems to me. And yes, I used to play WoW.

I did play the first Sims though, but I never got around to actually killing any of them on purpose. If one of them died in a housefire I invariably didn't save it and started over. Curse you death!