Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   The One Band That Really Bugs You (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=24097)

atsonicpark 08.06.2008 09:01 PM

haha

acousticrock87 08.06.2008 09:06 PM

I kind of like that MGMT song. :( First time I've ever heard them.

Sonic Youth 37 08.06.2008 09:22 PM

AC/DC makes me want to drown myself in a shallow puddle.

pbradley 08.06.2008 09:36 PM

AC/DC can ruin a night at the bar with one song. This opinion seems to be the exact opposite of general public opinion.

Cantankerous 08.06.2008 09:38 PM

ac/dc is drinkin' music!

schizophrenicroom 08.06.2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
AC/DC makes me want to drown myself in a shallow puddle.

my former 'best friend's dad fucking LOVES acdc and because my friend hero-worships her dad, she loves acdc. i hate them.

Sonic Youth 37 08.06.2008 09:51 PM

Second-hand AC/DC worship is the worst. I can't stand them at all. I hate them worse than Lynrd Skynrd and Kiss combined. That's a lot of hate.

krastian 08.06.2008 11:11 PM

John Mayer/Jack Johnson/Bright Eyes

Cantankerous 08.06.2008 11:13 PM

sufjan stevens

Sonic Youth 37 08.06.2008 11:18 PM

Most recent addition: Iron and Wine

deflinus 08.06.2008 11:19 PM

albert hammond jr.

though i have to admit, if you say you like him - most indepedent free spirit pot-smoking chicks would fuck you

Cantankerous 08.06.2008 11:21 PM

not this indepedent free spirit pot-smoking chick

Dead-Air 08.07.2008 12:30 AM

If there is only one to pick, it always comes back to Pearl Jam for me.

How many times have I read that Nirvana were somehow supposed to be responsible for the death of indie culture because they got immensely popular, and how wrong that accusation is. Nirvana never sucked and didn't pander to anyone, it was the boys from Green River with that stupid fucking yarling surfer that sold us down the river, and they always sucked and always pandered.

As if they wouldn't be bad enough on their own, and goddam they would, they gave us their children: Stone Temple Pilots, Hootie & the Blowfish, Creed, and every jackass jock who yarls along to "Jeremy" at karaoke bars until he figures he's ready to be an alternative rock star himself, and invariably gets a fucking record deal.

I'm sure Kurt must really have been aiming for Eddie when he pulled that trigger. Too bad smack messes with the old eye hand coordination so much.

fugazifan 08.07.2008 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead-Air
If there is only one to pick, it always comes back to Pearl Jam for me.

How many times have I read that Nirvana were somehow supposed to be responsible for the death of indie culture because they got immensely popular, and how wrong that accusation is. Nirvana never sucked and didn't pander to anyone, it was the boys from Green River with that stupid fucking yarling surfer that sold us down the river, and they always sucked and always pandered.

As if they wouldn't be bad enough on their own, and goddam they would, they gave us their children: Stone Temple Pilots, Hootie & the Blowfish, Creed, and every jackass jock who yarls along to "Jeremy" at karaoke bars until he figures he's ready to be an alternative rock star himself, and invariably gets a fucking record deal.

I'm sure Kurt must really have been aiming for Eddie when he pulled that trigger. Too bad smack messes with the old eye hand coordination so much.

hahahah
i acually really like PJ. they used o be my favorite band
ten definatly is their worst album
but vitology and no code are great albums. but yeah eddie is one of the biggest douches in rock

Death & the Maiden 08.07.2008 02:11 AM

All those bands like The Kooks, The Wombats etc that people assume I like because of my hair (even though it's not that style, it's just long-ish).

Trasher02 08.07.2008 05:48 AM

I hate this band from the bottom of my heart simply because they absolutely butcherd "Shadowplay".

atsonicpark 08.07.2008 05:53 AM

I don't even know who that is.

atsonicpark 08.07.2008 05:54 AM

Oh, okay, I right clicked and went to Properties. The Killers... hmm. The only song I ever heard was that song that was like SOMEBODY TOLD ME YOU HAD A GIRLFRINED WHO LOOKED LIKE A GIRLFRIEND I HAD IN FEBRUARY or something.

Death & the Maiden 08.07.2008 05:54 AM

It's The Killers.

atsonicpark 08.07.2008 05:55 AM

You know who I thought did a good Joy Division cover? Girls Against Boys.