Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hi everyone! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1993)

HaydenAsche 05.21.2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
Hayden is the one who did that. You people ignore it because he's your little friend.

Is this really necessary?

Observations are observed facts. An observation is NOT an opinion. Therefore, you implyed that whatever you observed was fact.

Completely incompetent.

Daycare Nation 05.21.2006 05:38 PM

"Umm, no. My opinion is fact.

Deal with it.

Cunt.

"You are so shamelessly, heartlessly mean. Bless you." -Truncated

"You are fun to spar with.
That cloud of meth over Willmar is good for something after all." - Savage Clone

"HaydenAsche - forever burning a fire of slaps in the face and mischief." - RdTv"

--hmmm, who thinks their opinion is fact...could it be Hayden???

Daycare Nation 05.21.2006 05:43 PM

observe: to watch carefully especially with attention to details or behavior for the purpose of arriving at a judgment

Daycare Nation 05.21.2006 05:44 PM

fact: a piece of information presented as having objective reality

Daycare Nation 05.21.2006 05:45 PM

hmm...so an observation is when we pay attention to details in order to make a judgment about something. Could it be that Hayden doesn't know that?

HaydenAsche 05.21.2006 05:58 PM

Yes, but you CAN NOT observe an opinion.

Daycare Nation 05.21.2006 06:05 PM

You observed my opinion when I wrote it on the forum.

Daycare Nation 05.21.2006 06:06 PM

And then said your own opinion was a fact...and now you are saying I did that.

HaydenAsche 05.21.2006 06:10 PM

Argh! Listen, you can observe someone's opinion YES but you CAN NOT observe that something is the best, most creative, most boring, etc. It doesn't work like that. You can OBSERVE the music and make your own assumptions and opinions. Do you understand what I am saying?

Yes, I said that my opinion is fact. It is called sarcasm. Get the fuck over it.

Daycare Nation 05.21.2006 06:22 PM

What I don't understand is that you can say your own opinion is a fact, but I never said that...and now you are making it look like I did, when you are the one who wrote it.

If you look at the definition of "observation" above, it is clear that to observe, one pays attention to details and then makes a judgment. I observed, made judgments and wrote them down.

I wasn't talkin about facts. You were.

finding nobody 05.21.2006 06:26 PM

"I don't think so. My fact is a fact. Your fact is still an opinion."

Daycare Nation 05.21.2006 06:26 PM

Yes, that was sarcasm.

Daycare Nation 05.21.2006 06:28 PM

and that was a resonse to Hayden's comment that his opinion was fact--note that he is the first to say that his opinion was fact

Daycare Nation 05.21.2006 06:30 PM

He was just picking on me because he disagrees with my opinion.

noisemachine 05.21.2006 06:47 PM

Just curious, but Daycare Nation, why do you post 3 times in a row when you could easily post all those comments in one post. And if you just forgot to add something, use the "edit" button. No offense here, its just kind of annoying having to read 3 short posts that really belong in one.

Neongod 05.21.2006 06:52 PM

How about moving this into PM's? Sounds funny coming from me, but I figured I'd pass on the advice someone else gave me.

Neongod 05.21.2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisemachine
Just curious, but Daycare Nation, why do you post 3 times in a row when you could easily post all those comments in one post. And if you just forgot to add something, use the "edit" button. No offense here, its just kind of annoying having to read 3 short posts that really belong in one.

finding nobody 05.21.2006 06:55 PM

ahah! thats awwwweesoome neongod

HaydenAsche 05.21.2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
If you look at the definition of "observation" above, it is clear that to observe, one pays attention to details and then makes a judgment. I observed, made judgments and wrote them down.

I know! I'm saying that those were your 'judgements'. I forget the term for judgements based on observations right now but observations would be something like "The dog has black spots". Judgements would be something along the lines of "This dog is better than the other one."

Therefore, you didn't post observations.

Just sayin'.

PMs suck anyways.

POST COUNT! POST COUNT!

Daycare Nation 05.21.2006 07:15 PM

No.