Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Fuck You !@#$%! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=517)

!@#$%! 04.02.2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noumenal
I've always felt free to make fun of handicapped people because my brother has Cerebral Palsy and I grew up making fun of him. He loves it. He insists on being called a "cripple" and he used to laugh when I'd trip him up while we were playing basketball or something.

wow thats cool-- see i used to work a building supervisor in college, there was janitor who had palsy & crooked hands. this was the opposite case cos he was the one who made fun of me, the little bastard :D

noumenal 04.02.2006 10:36 PM

As you guys may know, I'm working on my Master's degree right now. In my view, if you aren't planning on getting a Ph.D., then getting a Master's is kind of pointless, especially in the arts. But I know a lot of professors who are very comfortable financially - it just depends on where you went to school and where you get hired.

I have a friend finishing his Ph.D. at Harvard and one finishing his at MIT and they are going to be doing fine when they get out. I am very jealous of these guys.

marleypumpkin 04.02.2006 10:36 PM

I know, I need to lighten up. I just go though this bull-shit anywhere I go.
Nothing ever good happens to me, & it doesn't help when people are telling you to get lost, which I already am.

!@#$%! 04.02.2006 10:38 PM

woohooo! the wife just got home... that means i'm free from this fucking computer. adios, you fuckses!! :D (see you soon. except for *cough cough* one of you)

& i leave you w/ my last pic of the day ;)

atari 2600 04.02.2006 10:41 PM

how in the hell did you get that out of my last post, marleypumpkin?

No, I can't foresee that happening.

(actually i do know how he thought that; i was afraid he would think exactly that & misunderstand me)

If someone has elmoniac's email address (i think i might actually) maybe they should drop him a line. He might want to re-join now that there's an ignore list.

Yeah, I'm outta here for awhile too.

dietzer123 04.02.2006 10:43 PM

i love you people. you alleviate so much late night boredom

marleypumpkin 04.02.2006 10:44 PM

Thank Jah. I'm sorry I had to ask, but I can never tell anymore if someone is being sarcastic or serious. I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. I'm ranting again.

golden child 04.02.2006 10:46 PM

i know a women with cerebral paulsy who got two Ph.Ds, child services took both her children away because she was "an unfit parent" and her husband has a condition too.

makes me fucking mad because she is probaly smarter than the judge and jury that decieded this combined

noumenal 04.02.2006 10:48 PM

Yeah, usually people with CP have no mental disability.

Savage Clone 04.02.2006 10:49 PM

That is a harsh story.

Noumenal, you are sounding particularly comfortable in the vacuum-bubble world of higher academia today.
Sayin'.

Laila 04.02.2006 10:49 PM

Does anyone else see a suspisious resemlence in marleypumpkin's post and that guy elmoniac that quit posting on the board cause supposedly everyone hated him? hmmmm......i dunno, it's kinda wierd.

Savage Clone 04.02.2006 10:50 PM

They're not the same. Elmoniac lived here in Mpls. Marley is in Knoxville, and has a distinct writing style.

marleypumpkin 04.02.2006 10:51 PM

What do you mean by wierd Laila?

What's my distinct writing style SC? Too much maybe

Savage Clone 04.02.2006 10:52 PM

It's obvious, man. She thinks you're Batman!

Laila 04.02.2006 10:53 PM

hahahah oh savage clone

so marley, who is that person in your sig pic?

marleypumpkin 04.02.2006 10:55 PM

Well, I've had Batman as my nickname before. So, maybe I am.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead 04.02.2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noumenal
Why don't people abort their retarded babies? I've never received a satisfactory answer to this question.

I don't think there is anyway of detecting if your child is going to be a stupid pothead in utero (no nivana reference intended).

Really retarded babies- those with asbergers, downs, etc. have a lot more to contribute society.

CHOUT 04.02.2006 11:03 PM

One of my best friends has cerebral palsy. It's just a muscular disorder. He is probably the smartest person I know.

Everyneurotic 04.02.2006 11:06 PM

Laila: that's j mascis from dinosaur jr

wouldn't it be awesome if everybody had marley on their ignore list?

75% of the board would be unreadable!!!!

that would be fun

best thread on the new board so far!!!!

marley: don't take it personal

atari 2600 04.02.2006 11:06 PM

i can't escape...

Laila, it's J. Mascis of Dinosaur, Jr.

(oops, too late)

Chout, that's cool you played the 7th Street Entry club.
Sorry about your friend. A friend of mine's girlfriend's ex-husband who is only 28 got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis only last week. He woke up one morning & couldn't see. He's got his vision back now, but the disease is degenerative as the lesions on the brain cause all manner of problems.