Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

HECKLER SPRAY 08.30.2008 07:54 PM

atsonicpark 08.30.2008 07:54 PM

z
y
x
w
v
u
t
s
r
q
p
o
n
m
l
k
j
i
h
g
f
e
d
c
b
a

Sonic Youth 37 08.30.2008 08:03 PM

I'm missing a fucking killer party tonight!!!

HECKLER SPRAY 08.30.2008 08:03 PM

HECKLER SPRAY 08.30.2008 08:03 PM

atsonicpark 08.30.2008 08:04 PM

x squares :(

schizophrenicroom 08.30.2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Then we did this stupid game where we all learn each others names and something about each person and write it down on our own seating chart. And we got to her, and the teacher said "Hmmm...Michelle...I guess you guys can write Missing In Action on hers"

It was really funny.

i love things like that. every year of schooling i've had, in english i've had to make an "i am" poem with fill-in-the-blanks. like, "feels ___ when __".

all but one of my english teachers have been heavyset, hyperliterate eloquent fifty-something women that are easily frustrated (but rightfully so) by their less well-read students. the other was one of the coolest guys i've ever met and the best teacher ever, with radiohead posters on the walls. he'd cancel the lesson for the day and just ask us what was on our minds.

Sonic Youth 37 08.30.2008 08:11 PM

Several times in college my classes have done some kind of game or just going around the room with every person saying their name and those that came before them. Like:
Person 1: says their name
Person 2: says their name and #1s
Person 3: says their name, #1s, and #2s.

I pwn all takers at that. I never forgot names as long as I can see a person's face. I even remembered about 20 peoples names plus an adjective that starts with the same letter. Mine was "Jumping Josh"

atsonicpark 08.30.2008 08:12 PM

I once had a teacher (in high school) who was really friendly with me and one time he was like "man these hydros are crazy."

Cool guy.

schizophrenicroom 08.30.2008 08:31 PM

josh- i've always been good with that game. i can't do the adjectives though, because i get pissed off that the only real j adjectives are rooted in "jump" or "jitter". apart from.. "jaundiced".

Sonic Youth 37 08.30.2008 08:36 PM

Yeah, that one was tough. Things like "Enormous Eric", "Arrogant Aaron", and "Magic Modarelli" really screw things up. Luckily the girl next to me didn't take my advice and go with "Magnanimous Megan"

schizophrenicroom 08.30.2008 08:44 PM

once, we had this thing where we had to do two truths and a lie, and my lie was that i had a dog. everyone thought i cheated and told three truths because i guess it's weird not to own a dog.

Sonic Youth 37 08.30.2008 08:48 PM

Yeah, I'd just tell three lies, if I didn't know anyone in this class. My Communications class does all kinds of stuff like that. Like a 2-minute impromptu on one of your character traits.

Reminds me of a friend on mine that constantly lies at the drinking game "Never Have I Ever" just to get hammered. It has became an ongoing joke.

schizophrenicroom 08.30.2008 08:54 PM

that sounds pretty sweet, the impromptus. doing them a lot in school, especially in my spanish classes a lot, have helped my stammer a bit more.

your friend sounds awesome.

Sonic Youth 37 08.30.2008 08:58 PM

I've got to decide on a topic for my 5-7 minute informative presentation by Wednesday. I hate preparing stuff. I'd much rather do a 5-7 impromptu on a topic of the teachers choice.

She's actually the least awesome of my friends, which still means she's pretty damn awesome. The others are just astoundingly awesome. Which pisses me off more that I'm out of town tonight.

schizophrenicroom 08.30.2008 09:02 PM

oh, i'm a mess at preparing. i'm much better at just diving on in.

i really want to see terriblecanyons, but i have no real way of getting to where she is right now unless i ride the bus. which is honestly scary.

Sonic Youth 37 08.30.2008 09:04 PM

That sucks. Buses are frightening at night.
I decided to come home for the holiday weekend, so I'm missing out on all the 3-day weekend fun.

schizophrenicroom 08.30.2008 09:06 PM

oh, man. i'm alone though, and missing out on whatever fun is being had somewhere. last night was my friend's birthday party but i left early

Sonic Youth 37 08.30.2008 09:09 PM

Romantic awkwardness...I couldn't guarantee that had I stayed in town and gone to the party, tonight wouldn't have ended up the same way for me. That would be bad.

Sonic Youth 37 08.30.2008 09:17 PM

Yeah, at the party there would be 2 girls that I have no interest in that flirt with me enough when sober, so I shudder to think what it would be like when they are drunk and they will be, for sure.

I'm listening to No Age right now, waiting for the drunk calls to start in about an hour and a half.