Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   >>the last movie you watched (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=9589)

sonic sphere 06.16.2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
i havnt seen it yet but i am watching JCVD tonight, anyone else seen it?

yeah i saw it a couple weeks ago, really liked it. a lot different to his usual fare which i tend to like in some perverse kind of way anyway.

Sonic Youth 37 06.16.2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
8/10... but I'm a softee with Jason. I watch all those films millions of times. This was easily my favorite since Part 6.

I love the first 3 and the rest except for Jason X and Freddy Vs Jason are lame enough to be awesome. But this new one just rubbed me the wrong way.

noisereductions 06.16.2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I love the first 3 and the rest except for Jason X and Freddy Vs Jason are lame enough to be awesome. But this new one just rubbed me the wrong way.

weird. How old are you? Maybe that's an issue?

Anyway. 1-6 are amazing. 7 is good. 8 is so bad it's good. 9 is a Tales For The Crypt-y fun one. 10 is better than ppl say. FVJ is a fanboys' wetdream that actually came true, so appreciate it on that level. And the new one is such a great tribute. Yes.

Sonic Youth 37 06.16.2009 08:27 PM

I'm 20 and have been watching Friday the 13th and Halloween since I was 6 or 7.
I suppose I just wanted something new a la spear gun through the eye in Part 3 and I didn't get it. Plus I hated that it was set in the present day and them boiling down part 1 to 2 minutes.

noisereductions 06.16.2009 08:30 PM

My way of thinking was that it was not a remake. They called it one to appease the studios, but if you noticed that neighbor lady made mention that the killings (disappearings) had gone on for years.

It was really a sequel (to me) that took place now. And in that sense it's awesome.

And if you needed a new speargun thru the eye, you had the sleeping bag over the fucking campfire my man!!

Loved it! :)

Sonic Youth 37 06.16.2009 08:33 PM

I might have another go it once I refresh my memories on the older ones. At least it wasn't as bad as the Halloween remake. I'll never watch that again.

noisereductions 06.16.2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Youth 37
I might have another go it once I refresh my memories on the older ones. At least it wasn't as bad as the Halloween remake. I'll never watch that again.

hmm. I just don't think we see eye to eye on horror, my friend.

Sonic Youth 37 06.16.2009 08:40 PM

Probably. I come from a big family of horror movie buffs and I'm kind of the outcast. I like some of them, but I'm no fanatic. If I want to be scared, I'll just watch the Exorcist. It never fails.

noisereductions 06.16.2009 08:44 PM

Yeah, we definitely don't see eye to eye then. I think The Exorcist is... okay. And 95 out of 100 movies I watch are horror. And I over think them. A lot.

SuperCreep 06.16.2009 11:42 PM

11/10

alteredcourse 06.17.2009 12:05 AM

Aw he roasted people in a sleeping bag over a fire???

Thats almost as good as when he just pounded a sack of 'em against a tree. I love that.

Everyneurotic 06.17.2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCreep

11/10

really? why so?

fugazifan 06.17.2009 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCreep

11/10

i saw the fist half and loved it. its everthing one could want from a balkan gypsy movie. that scene in the bar when they are about to fight but first he tell the band FASTER, LOUDER! then once the beat gett good he starts fighting- fucking excellent.
i still need to finish it.

found a video
coolest scene ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2EHqTotJzQ

viewtiful_alan 06.17.2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

8/10... but I'm a softee with Jason. I watch all those films millions of times. This was easily my favorite since Part 6.

Oh come on.. that one was weak. It wasn't even incompotent enough to be funny.. just kind of.. lame.
haha I have no attachment to the character though..
I'm a michael meyers sympathizer

viewtiful_alan 06.17.2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

hmm. I just don't think we see eye to eye on horror, my friend.

Yeah I enjoyed the halloween remake. Especially the origin part.. even if it was a little cheesy.

Tokolosh 06.17.2009 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
really? why so?

If you ask me, the music, cinematography, colour, atmosphere, humor, dialogue, etc.
Great movie allround. Nice choice, SuperCreep.

atsonicpark 06.17.2009 05:58 AM

Halloween remake and Friday the 13th remake were both shit and pointless.

atsonicpark 06.17.2009 05:59 AM

l'ange (aka the angel) - 9/10

beautiful, amazing, surreal.

noisereductions 06.17.2009 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
Oh come on.. that one was weak. It wasn't even incompotent enough to be funny.. just kind of.. lame.
haha I have no attachment to the character though..
I'm a michael meyers sympathizer

we've gone thru this before. Part 6 is my favorite.

noisereductions 06.17.2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
Yeah I enjoyed the halloween remake. Especially the origin part.. even if it was a little cheesy.

again, my view of the remake is that really it was mostly a prequel. That was the important part. The "Part 1" 2nd half was mainly there for the teens that never saw the original.