Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Sonic Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SY play at Nightmare Before Xmas ATP UK Dec 4th-6th (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=30273)

Danny Himself 06.04.2009 09:33 AM

FUCKED UP!! YESSS!!

oh man i am double excited

_slavo_ 06.04.2009 09:43 AM

Eh, don't know any of those added recently (except Buzzcocks that I don't care for)
Anyway, looking forward now ;)

blunderbuss 06.04.2009 03:34 PM

^
If you know Spacemen 3 (and surely you do?), then you more or less know Spectrum.

h8kurdt 06.05.2009 11:56 AM

Awesome. Not long to go now! (arf)

sonicbairn 06.06.2009 09:07 AM

yippee, tickets booked, i'm looking forward to seeing SY and My bloody valentine... did anyone see my bloody valentine last year? i saw them in manchester they had amazing screen behind them, they were brilliant and the bar staff were handing out ear plugs!

greenlight 06.07.2009 11:11 AM

i've seen their projection behind them at Primavera and it was fantastic. brought a lot to the atmosphere.

jamie_atp 06.11.2009 10:38 AM

The Pastels, J Mascis & The Fog, Lilys, Witch and A Place To Bury Strangers confirmed, more coming next week

_slavo_ 06.11.2009 11:23 AM

Yesss :)

nancykitten 06.11.2009 12:10 PM

J Mascis! Nice.

EvdWee 06.11.2009 04:04 PM

i am really happy with those new bands. thanks a lot.

jamie_atp 06.26.2009 09:36 AM

Bob Mould
Swervedriver

confirmed

_slavo_ 06.27.2009 07:03 AM

Yeah, Swervedriver!!!

joe11121 06.27.2009 01:51 PM

Shit, I wish I could go to this. So many great bands playing

The Earl Of Slander 06.28.2009 01:15 PM

Swervedriver gets the biggest fuck yes from me out of all the new additions. J Mascis and A Place To Bury Strangers are both sweet too though. Spectrum I don't know, but if they're essentially Spacemen 3 then that's nothing but good. Now if MBV can just convince Slowdive to join the reformation bandwagon we'd have the ultimate real shoegaze fest on our hands... When's the last time the lovesliescrushing played in the UK?

Man, I'm so fucking psyched for the bands that are playing that it's really not healthy for me to be imagining who could play.

Moshe 07.02.2009 06:22 AM

All Tomorrow’s Parties adds New Names to
Ten Years Of ATP Festival Bill

It was recently announced that festivities to celebrate 10 years of All Tomorrow’s Parties will commence with a second festival weekend in December. The Ten Years Of ATP festival will take place at Butlins Resort in Minehead from Friday 11th December to Sunday 13th December, 2009.

For the line up we are inviting our nearest and dearest to play – which means past ATP curators, ATP recordings artists and some ATP favourites thrown into the mix too...

New confirmations today:

BATTLES
STEPHEN MALKMUS AND THE JICKS
J MASCIS AND THE FOG
SUNN O)))
APSE
ALEXANDER TUCKER & DECOMPOSED ORCHESTRA

This means that the line-up so far looks like this:

EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY / BATTLES / STEPHEN MALKMUS AND THE JICKS / DIRTY THREE / TORTOISE / SHELLAC / MELVINS / MUDHONEY / J MASCIS AND THE FOG / THE FOR CARNATION / PAPA M / SUNN O))) / DEERHOOF / THE DRONES / SLEEPY SUN / BARDO POND / FUCK BUTTONS / APSE / ALEXANDER TUCKER & DECOMPOSED ORCHESTRA

…with more curators, recording artists and ATP favourites to be announced! Tickets for this special event are priced at £160 per person for room only accommodation and £170 per person for self-catering.

Tickets On Sale Now from http://www.atpfestival.com

The week before this event we are of course proud to present...

Dirty Three join MBV curated
Nightmare Before Christmas Festival

Today we also announce a great addition to the My Bloody Valentine curated Nightmare weekend which runs from 4th-6th December at Butlins Minehead. The latest band picked by MBV are:

DIRTY THREE

The amazing line-up so far looks like this:

MY BLOODY VALENTINE / SONIC YOUTH / DE LA SOUL / EPMD / THE HORRORS /
SUN RA ARKESTRA / BUZZCOCKS / SPECTRUM / FUCKED UP / LE VOLUME COURBE / WOUNDED KNEES / THE PASTELS / J MASCIS & THE FOG / LILYS / A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS / WITCH / BOB MOULD / SWERVEDRIVER / DIRTY THREE

The only chalets left for this event are a very small amount of 4 berth room only or self catered ones.

Last Tickets On Sale Now from http://www.atpfestival.com

The Week In Between

If you are planning to come to both weekends, or wish to stay on after weekend 1 (or come early to weekend 2!) we have limited availability for people to stay on site during the week in between. This will cost £100 per person for the four nights, and is only available as 4 berth self-catering. If you book a 4 berth self-catering apartment for both weekends you will be able to stay in the same apartment. If you have booked other accommodations for weekend 1, you will need move into a 4 berth self-catering from Monday to Thursday or Monday to Monday if you book a 4 berth self catering apartment at weekend 2. To book, please contact feedback@atpfestival.com with IN BETWEEN DAYS in the subject line and include your booking references and the type of accommodation you have booked.

During the week the festival’s Crazy Horse venue will be open and we’ll be putting on light entertainment including bands and djs.

About The Venue

Butlins, Minehead looks out across a superb sandy beach. The site is equipped with a supermarket, newsagent, cash points and restaurants. Onsite facilities include a cinema, Splash Water World - a sub-tropical environment that has a huge wave pool, a swimming pool, 3 flumes and also a flume based raft ride - Ten-pin bowling and amusement arcade. Sports include Archery, Football, Basketball, Darts, Petanque, Fencing, Kwik Cricket, Netball, Rounders, Table Tennis, Outdoor Bowls and Crazy Golf.

Room Only accommodation is available in 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 berths and offers either double, single or bunk beds with private bathroom and TV, but no kitchen facilities or lounge, more like a hotel room. (£160 + booking fee per ticket)

Self Catering accommodation is available in 4, 6 and 7 berths and offers private bathroom, full kitchen facilities and separate lounge area with TV. (£170 + booking fee per ticket)

_slavo_ 07.02.2009 06:51 AM

eh, I got so amazed bands like Battles, Apse and Alexander Tucker got confirmed for Nightmare Before Christmas ... and then realized it was for the Ten years of ATP event.

h8kurdt 07.02.2009 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
eh, I got so amazed bands like Battles, Apse and Alexander Tucker got confirmed for Nightmare Before Christmas ... and then realized it was for the Ten years of ATP event.

Same here. I really would like to go to the ten years thing, but as it stands now my money is gonna be spent on Pukkelpop.

_slavo_ 07.24.2009 03:50 AM

ugh...

YO LA TENGO AND PRIMALS ANNOUNCED FOR MBV CURATED NBC!!!

We are thrilled to announce the latest bands to be confirmed for the my bloody valentine curated Nightmare Before Christmas. We know you have been eagerly waiting for new additions – so we are very happy to be able to finally reveal Primal Scream, Yo La Tengo, Brightblack Morning Light and Serena Maneesh have today been added to this already incredible bill.

Fucking Primal Scream????

This Is Not Here 07.24.2009 05:12 AM

Quote:

Fucking Primal Scream????

Fucking Primal Scream! Yes!!!!!!

chrome noise tape 07.24.2009 05:43 AM

who are the fucking primal scream?

This Is Not Here 07.24.2009 06:11 AM

Who are Primal Scream?! Where have you been for the past 20 years? Not in the UK, thats for sure.

This Is Not Here 07.24.2009 06:11 AM

Who are Primal Scream?! Where have you been for the past 20 years? Not in the UK, thats for sure.

blunderbuss 07.24.2009 06:32 AM

Hey, we know you're upset, but there's no need to repeat yourself.

blunderbuss 07.24.2009 06:33 AM

If Primal Scream of about seven or eight years ago turned up, it would be fantastic, they were playing some stunning shows then. But somehow I doubt that'll happen.

_slavo_ 07.24.2009 06:43 AM

yo la tengo is good news, anyway.

but somehow I'm starting to feel my prayers for Emeralds to show up on the bill won't be answered

blunderbuss 07.24.2009 07:46 AM

I'm quite pleased that there are quite a few bands on the line up that I'm not even remotely interested in seeing. When I went to Thurston's one, I had to spend half my time trying to decide which of two (three at one point) bands I wanted to see the most.

_slavo_ 07.24.2009 07:56 AM

same with me (not that i went to the Thurston's one, but I can imagine what it was to be constantly in stress that you'd miss a good band for choosing to see another one instead).
but anyways, there are lots of decent bands on this lineup too, so i probably won't be dissapointed. plus, i'll see you guys.

Kyohan 07.24.2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunderbuss
I'm quite pleased that there are quite a few bands on the line up that I'm not even remotely interested in seeing. When I went to Thurston's one, I had to spend half my time trying to decide which of two (three at one point) bands I wanted to see the most.

This is totally true. I've learned that having some stuff I don't want to see at ATP makes for a much less stressful weekend!

pokkeherrie 07.27.2009 04:06 AM

... and another update with bands I don't care about. Looks like I'm going to have to bring my swimming trunks.

pokkeherrie 07.27.2009 04:19 AM

^^^

pokkeherrie 07.27.2009 04:35 AM

Oh, I was just talking to my lawyer on the phone.

You're going down. Either in court or by me pushing your head under water in the swimming pool at Butlins.

h8kurdt 07.27.2009 10:09 AM

Honestly, the rest of the line up has been wank so far. Should've held off and bought the next weekends tickets. Well I would have if the fuck ends ATP hadn't held off for so long to announce it.

greenlight 07.28.2009 11:20 AM

yeah 10 years of ATP looks way better so far.

_slavo_ 07.28.2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenlight
yeah 10 years of ATP looks way better so far.

never mind. if we think of nothing better to do, we could still get drunk :)

This Is Not Here 07.28.2009 04:50 PM

It boggles me how the lineup that dropped straight out of heaven for me could be so 'meh' for you guys. Cynical old farts, the lot of you ;)

greenlight 07.29.2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

never mind. if we think of nothing better to do, we could still get drunk :)

yahooo! are you bringing only hand luggage? if you bringing luggage you're going to check it in don't forget to stick in some spissku you know what ;).

greenlight 07.29.2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
It boggles me how the lineup that dropped straight out of heaven for me could be so 'meh' for you guys. Cynical old farts, the lot of you ;)

it must be Primal Scream thing, huh? just saying...compare to 10 years of ATP lineup.

Kyohan 07.29.2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

it must be Primal Scream thing, huh? just saying...compare to 10 years of ATP lineup.

I still think the MBV line up is WAY better than the 10 year one.
SY and MBV on the same bill would seal the deal for me alone, but the Arkestra, APTBS, Serena Maneesh, Spectrum, Bob Mould plus some of the good stuff from the other weekend (Dirty 3 and Mascis) makes it clear cut IMO.
Both weekends look great, but the 10 yr one is full of acts I've seen at ATP before and is all a bit obvious so far.
Having said that, if I could afford it and talk someone into babysitting for 2 full weekends in a row, I'd be extremely tempted to go to both.

_slavo_ 07.29.2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

yahooo! are you bringing only hand luggage? if you bringing luggage you're going to check it in don't forget to stick in some spissku you know what ;).

i don't know by now ... but all i know is one "Spisska you-know-what" won't be even close to enough for the lot of us.
i'll see what i can do.

stu666 07.30.2009 11:52 AM

If it weren't for sy at NBC i would prefer to go to the 10 year fest, i'm gutted i will miss Bardo Pond, Malkmus, Mudhoney, Deerhoof + others, but i'm still looking forward to the Nightmare, see you there peeps.