Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   World Cup 2010: South Africa ponders vuvuzela ban (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=40140)

deflinus 06.15.2010 10:34 AM

well differences aside, i'm kind of interested in watching a game WITHOUT the noise..
if they do decide to ban them

!@#$%! 06.15.2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knox
besides, what's a world cup without players insulting each others sisters and getting into fights? they can't even hear each other.

^^^THIS

Rob Instigator 06.15.2010 11:40 AM

I say there needs to be MORE noise. I want the announcers to be drowned out. I want them to have to scream into the mics as they do on choice Monday Night Football gmes.

!@#$%! 06.15.2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I say there needs to be MORE noise. I want the announcers to be drowned out. I want them to have to scream into the mics as they do on choice Monday Night Football gmes.

that would require players to have mics+radiotransmitters to talk to each other, but this aint american hand-ovoid with helmetss and timeouts and commerical interruptions, the only "technology" is maybe in the construction of the shoes

i love to hear the fans cheer and beat on drums and sing and when i go to a stadium i do a fair amount of yelling myself but these trumpets are just plain stupid-- they stand for nothing.

chicka 06.15.2010 01:09 PM

Well FIFA plans no ban on the vuvuzela, they're here to stay. Perhaps in the latter stages they will lessen unless of course many African teams advance.
I still prefer the singing.

verme (prevaricator) 06.17.2010 02:16 AM

maybe your broadcasters are filtering them too? check the audio settings.

Keeping It Simple 06.17.2010 06:00 AM

South Africa got hammered 3-0 by Uruguay last night, which means they're on the verge of getting kicked out of the World Cup meaning no more twats blowing vuvuzelas.

Beautiful Plateau 06.17.2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
South Africa got hammered 3-0 by Uruguay last night, which means they're on the verge of getting kicked out of the World Cup meaning no more twats blowing vuvuzelas.

The vuvuzelas can be heard pretty much in every game...

verme (prevaricator) 06.17.2010 08:18 AM

don dietrich needs to buy some.
i've been to borbetomagus shows and this stuff almost makes them look like pussies.

Beautiful Plateau 06.17.2010 08:43 AM

inventor of the vuvuzela speaks

"You guys don't understand my Vuvuzela."

Freddie 'Saddam' Maake, the supposed inventor of the vuvuzela speaks.

"It's scandalous how belittling people speak about it! It does make for atmosphere, the African atmosphere. ... Oh, all that whining. We don't ask you to stop drinking or singing during a match in Europe, do we?"

Saddam doesn't own the right on the vuvuzela. "Neil van Schalkwyk has set up a cooperation with a German company and is selling them here. He's making tons and look at me." (Saddam lives in a small house in the township of Tembisa) "Ourageous. I only ever got 2500 rand (about 260 euro)

Saddam tries everything to still make some money out of his invention. He puts a CD in our hands 'Vuvuzela Saddam Maake, Volume II. "De prettiest vuvuzela tunes, he says with a serious face. I also sing on it. Worth it. 150 rand" (16 euro)

At the parting, Maake coolly writes a bill for 600 rand for the interview.
CD not included.

verme (prevaricator) 06.17.2010 08:59 AM

honestly it doesn't bother me much, but i haven't watched a single full game yet.

Rob Instigator 06.17.2010 09:17 AM

I LOVE IT

like a drone soundtrack

we should all wholeheartedly support the vuvuzelas.

Keeping It Simple 06.17.2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful Plateau

"It's scandalous how belittling people speak about it! It does make for atmosphere, the African atmosphere. ... Oh, all that whining. We don't ask you to stop drinking or singing during a match in Europe, do we?"

Saddam doesn't own the right on the vuvuzela. "Neil van Schalkwyk has set up a cooperation with a German company and is selling them here. He's making tons and look at me." (Saddam lives in a small house in the township of Tembisa) "Ourageous. I only ever got 2500 rand (about 260 euro)

Saddam tries everything to still make some money out of his invention. He puts a CD in our hands 'Vuvuzela Saddam Maake, Volume II. "De prettiest vuvuzela tunes, he says with a serious face. I also sing on it. Worth it. 150 rand" (16 euro)

CD not included.

I'm sure I read somewhere a contract has been put out on his life.

Derek 06.17.2010 06:26 PM

vuvuzelas bring THE SKRONK

pokkeherrie 06.18.2010 07:31 AM

ploesj 06.18.2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful Plateau

CD not included.

yes!

i read that.

it is quite annoying indeed... i don't watch any games but a bar down the street shows every game and i can still hear it with my windows closed. no cheering or commentators, just this buzz all day.

pokkeherrie 06.18.2010 07:54 AM

^for ploesj:
http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/sonic...ssip/index.php

EVOLghost 06.18.2010 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellcharge

I wouldve shit my pants right If I wasn't on the toilet

SYRFox 06.20.2010 06:07 AM

http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/www.s...th.com/gossip/

TheFoxBen 06.20.2010 12:26 PM

They should rather ban football from vuvuzela concerts...