Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   They look wrong,they sound wrong and they are doing it for the wrong reason (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=1945)

HaydenAsche 05.17.2006 09:39 PM

Coldplay is terrible. No one is saying they are good. Their cardboard-ness is common knowledge.

alyasa 05.17.2006 09:42 PM

But... terrible? That's it? They're rich. Adored; in my country they're national heroes, the adulation of the population awaits them upon their arrival on my soil.

HaydenAsche 05.17.2006 09:44 PM

Okay, Coldplay are a bunch of terrible, talentless twats. Better? I don't even care enough about them to type any more than that.

alyasa 05.17.2006 09:50 PM

Thanks, they deserve better though. Thanks anyway. It's quite good actually; terrible, talentless twats. Thanks.

dietzer123 05.17.2006 10:20 PM

twat is a word you don't hear too often anymore. whatever happened to people saying twat alot? did that time even exist?

alyasa 05.17.2006 11:54 PM

I guess Coldplay are special. They've revived the twat.

Onani Nic 05.18.2006 12:00 AM

twat means vagina

alyasa 05.18.2006 12:01 AM

The vagina is alive then, thanks to them.

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski 05.18.2006 12:53 AM

Haydenashe, do you even listen to sonic youth, or are you just some loser poster that has no social life?

As Dr. Phil might say, "You're very robotic".

val-holla-ing 05.18.2006 02:09 AM

pearl jam are a good rock band. they may not be pushing the boundaries of sound, but they've found what worked for them and fine tuned it. i think the biggest problem people have with pearl jam (but won't admit it) is that they outlasted nirvana.

porkmarras 05.18.2006 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Another completely retarded post brought to you by Rupert.

That list looks might fine if you take off Radiohead. Sure, Radiohead look wrong and are probably doing it for the wrong reasons but they still fucking own up on any shitty band like Pearl Jam.

Thanks for answering that HaydenAsche.Kchris?What the fuck are you talking about you humorless idiot?If you aint like the thread DO NOT POST IN IT!

porkmarras 05.18.2006 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by val-holla-ing
pearl jam are a good rock band. they may not be pushing the boundaries of sound, but they've found what worked for them and fine tuned it. i think the biggest problem people have with pearl jam (but won't admit it) is that they outlasted nirvana.

Eh?????Who fucking cares about that?I have hated them from day one and i'll do the same till i die.Do you think that some of us have got any time to actually ponder about who outlasted who in the canons of rock music?That list is only indicative of who and what i don't like and i pretty much define myself by what I DONT LIKE.Period

Radioactive Poltergeist 05.18.2006 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sn@ke
for the 1st time:

Radiohead sucks...

Yeah, it's a real pity that not every single band in the world sounds exactly like Sonic Youth

krastian 05.18.2006 03:19 AM

See you all in hell:fuckyou:

terminal pharmacy 05.18.2006 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapbars
haha,

i wasnt so much saying the bands i listed looked wrong or sound wrong or are doing it for the wrong reasons,

this just seemed like a good place to list some shite bands, and they are shite and i shouldnt need to justify that as everyone should agree upon hearing them,

no i can't agree because alot of these bands aren't shit, most on your list a re musically quite proficient. i don't like most of them but i wouldn't say they are shit, that is an uneducated opinion, you have a right not to like them but that however does not mean they are bad muscians. if you don't like them say you don't like them don't say they are shit because you don't like them. when you put things in a rational manner they appear as they are.

porkmarras 05.18.2006 04:18 AM

Someone says that they are shit,someone says that they are not,someone else says that they are shit but they are good musicians and someone says that they are bad musicians:welcome to the free world(or not so free it seems)

porkmarras 05.18.2006 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dietzer123
this whole list is a combination of really shallow and really presumptious. who cares what the fuck a band looks like? and if we're gonna go throuhg all the bands that don't sound right you have to name every band that you don't like. it's a matter of personal preference. it's stupid to suppose you can come up with an ultimate list of evil bands. and for doing it for the wrong reasons, how the fuck do YOU know why a band does what it does? and who are you to define the right reasons?

Would you prefer to look like this?

porkmarras 05.18.2006 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dietzer123
this whole list is a combination of really shallow and really presumptious. who cares what the fuck a band looks like? and if we're gonna go throuhg all the bands that don't sound right you have to name every band that you don't like. it's a matter of personal preference. it's stupid to suppose you can come up with an ultimate list of evil bands. and for doing it for the wrong reasons, how the fuck do YOU know why a band does what it does? and who are you to define the right reasons?

..or like this?

porkmarras 05.18.2006 05:05 AM

like this?

porkmarras 05.18.2006 05:08 AM

or like this?