Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   do the opposite of complain (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=34047)

floatingslowly 08.31.2009 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
This all sounds very familiar. My motto is only buy one tire at a time and drive it till you see radials.

the tire is practically brand-new but the car has sat in my driveway since breaking down about a month ago!

it's fixed, but I haven't had to drive until now! my wife wrecked the mercedes and now it's in the shop!!!

YES!!!$500 deductible!!!!!! YES!!!! crappy car for a week!!!!!!!

gmku 08.31.2009 09:21 AM

I wish to express gratitude for the following:

Good friends (four of them and I went white-water rafting this weekend, drank a little, ate a lot, and had a good time).

My wife, who is the best part of every day, even when we're living apart.

My doggie, my 6-year-old Golden Retriever, the gentlest and most loving creature on the face of the Earth.

The four bottles of wine sitting on my kitchen coutner.

The refrigerator full of beer.

The closet full of clothes and shoes.

The shelves full of LPs.

The job that I can go to and get paid for.

The apartment that gives me shelter from the storm.

Coffee.

Lunch.

Great restaurants in downtown Asheville.

The sun, the rain, and the wind.

phoenix 08.31.2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
I wish to express gratitude for the following:

Good friends (four of them and I went white-water rafting this weekend, drank a little, ate a lot, and had a good time).

My wife, who is the best part of every day, even when we're living apart.

My doggie, my 6-year-old Golden Retriever, the gentlest and most loving creature on the face of the Earth.

The four bottles of wine sitting on my kitchen coutner.

The refrigerator full of beer.

The closet full of clothes and shoes.

The shelves full of LPs.

The job that I can go to and get paid for.

The apartment that gives me shelter from the storm.

Coffee.

Lunch.

Great restaurants in downtown Asheville.

The sun, the rain, and the wind.

way to make me feel like shit.

the only thing from that list I have is rain and wind.

but that is awesome for you :D

This Is Not Here 08.31.2009 09:46 AM

I'm doing a degree in the subject I love and I'm not even half way through it yet. I'm going to amsterdam tomorrow for a week, and then the weekend after that I'm at a festival! yaay!

gmku 08.31.2009 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
way to make me feel like shit.

the only thing from that list I have is rain and wind.

but that is awesome for you :D

I could easily complain about other things but I'm making an effort to look on the bright side of life.

Glice 08.31.2009 09:47 AM

This weekend has seen a dramatic and unexpected end to the drought. Huzzah!

notyourfiend 08.31.2009 10:05 AM

an old professor of mine is allowing me to audit a philosophy course that she is teaching...for free!

SONIC GAIL 08.31.2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floatingslowly
the tire is practically brand-new but the car has sat in my driveway since breaking down about a month ago!

it's fixed, but I haven't had to drive until now! my wife wrecked the mercedes and now it's in the shop!!!

YES!!!$500 deductible!!!!!! YES!!!! crappy car for a week!!!!!!!

Don't be mad at her. I smashed my honda into my husband's Lawn trailer leaving about $3000 worth of damage to the front passenger's side. His trailer did'nt have a scratch. I thought he was gonna flip out....but there is no way he could have been as mad at me as I was. He really did'nt get that mad, but I still get those women driver jokes from him.

phoenix 08.31.2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I still get those women driver jokes from him.

It's such bollox when they say that. I mean, when I crashed my bf's car at least I had the decency to tape the fucking bumper up. Would he ever do that? no. I'm a good driver. Good at driving into things. Repairs ladee. Etc.

SONIC GAIL 08.31.2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix
It's such bollox when they say that. I mean, when I crashed my bf's car at least I had the decency to tape the fucking bumper up. Would he ever do that? no. I'm a good driver. Good at driving into things. Repairs ladee. Etc.

That was only the second accident in my 15 years of driving that was my fault. I am good at people driving into me. My rear bumper is barely hangin in there.. some some fuck face hit me in traffic. Come to find out after the fact he has no insurance. I even got a police report and did everything I was supposed to do. I guess the cops don't verify what yr insurance card says. Now I'm stuck with a $500 deductable. THe DMV won't revoke his license for another 60 days.

floatingslowly 08.31.2009 11:30 AM

I am married to the worst driver on the planet!!!!!

I should get an award for surviving this long.

woohooo! surviving!!

SONIC GAIL 08.31.2009 11:44 AM

SuperCreep 08.31.2009 11:54 AM

I'm finally getting my surround system set up tonight. I don't think I'm going to leave my apartment until school starts.

gmku 08.31.2009 11:57 AM

Why start then?

notyourfiend 08.31.2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCreep
I'm finally getting my surround system set up tonight. I don't think I'm going to leave my apartment until school starts.

neat!

when does school start?

SuperCreep 08.31.2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
Why start then?

I'm way too much of a nerd to miss classes, unfortunately.

notyourfiend: I have about another week and a half to sit on my ass and enjoy it before school starts gangraping my spirit, haha. :7P

I'm still not sure which album I should break 'em in with yet. hrm.

Satan 08.31.2009 12:51 PM

i am home safe in my bed

gmku 08.31.2009 12:52 PM

Safe in your bed? How boring.

Satan 08.31.2009 12:54 PM

i meant that i got home safely and i am now in my bed

theres always an element of danger lurking

Rob Instigator 08.31.2009 12:59 PM

stay away from this dipshit and you'll be A-OK.

He does nopt "remember" whuppin up on Rihanna. Maybe he does not remember the previous 4 occassions when the police have been called on them due to his whuppin her up.