Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Last Album You Bought? (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=91)

gmku 02.20.2012 05:16 PM

Morphine: Cure for Pain
Royal Trux: Singles, Live, Unreleased

keep poppin pimples 02.20.2012 08:18 PM

pretty happy with a dig from the christian thrift store today

Abdullah Ibrahim- Zimbabwe
Donald Byrd- Takin' Care of Business
Tillman Franks Singers- The Hank Williams Story
Hank Snow- Railroad Man
Suzi Quatro- If you knew Suzi
Joan Baez- In Concert Part 2
Captain Sensible- A Day in The Life of...
Tru-Tones Combo of St. Lucia-Untitled
Roberto Delgado- Bouzouki (this one will probably suck, apparently roberto delgado was really a german conductor(who was in the german army in world war II! "The Delgado recordings were initially Latin-oriented, but they eventually covered a number of different musical genres including African, Italian, Jewish, Oriental, Russian, Greek and Jamaican music as well as Broadway musicals and current pop hits."

well i never knew there would be easy listening interpretations of all that, made by a WW2 german soldier lol

gmku 02.21.2012 08:22 PM

A couple of recent purchases annoy me: Spacemen 3 ~ Sound of Confusion. In the way that the 13th Floor Elevators LP annoys me. It could be good but they use goofy effects.

Also, Morphine's Cure for Pain. I was excited about getting this one. And it just sounds gimmicky. Really disappointed in an annoyed kind of way. Maybe it'll grow on me?

gmku 02.21.2012 08:22 PM

Edit - Dupe post.

gmku 02.21.2012 08:34 PM

Lissening to some JAMC to make me feel better. Fuck Spacemen 3 and Morphine. Except for Perfect Prescription, of course.

gmku 02.21.2012 08:43 PM

Yeah, great album but not 100 euro great.

Mortte Jousimo 02.22.2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halfeatencake
Oh, I bought Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds on CD because I finally gave up on finding it for a reasonable price on vinyl. I just don't have over 100€ to spend on ONE record. Did that once and... well. Just think about how much beer you can buy for 100€!!

What Bad Seeds-album you mean? I think I have every album on vinyl except compilations. And of course not Live Seeds.

uhler 02.23.2012 11:51 PM

The "In Your Nature" single by Zola Jesus. I really like the David Lynch remix.

E. Noisefield 02.24.2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmku
A couple of recent purchases annoy me: Spacemen 3 ~ Sound of Confusion. In the way that the 13th Floor Elevators LP annoys me. It could be good but they use goofy effects.

Also, Morphine's Cure for Pain. I was excited about getting this one. And it just sounds gimmicky. Really disappointed in an annoyed kind of way. Maybe it'll grow on me?

nope. motphine's just not that good. It probably won't grow on you. I tried to like it once. it didn't work.

Mortte Jousimo 02.26.2012 02:39 AM

Veli-Matti O Äijälä: Raskas Taakka

one-side only vinyl release. Very avantgarde, Very great!

pad_023 02.26.2012 01:32 PM

Spacemen 3 - All 4 studio albums on lp

gmku 02.28.2012 06:10 PM

gmku 02.28.2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
nope. motphine's just not that good. It probably won't grow on you. I tried to like it once. it didn't work.

Anybody care to buy a barely used LP copy of Morphine's Cure for Pain?

Mortte Jousimo 02.29.2012 03:15 AM

Quote:

the boatman's call
one of the best albums ever recorded :o

Well, itīs not my favourite Bad Seeds-album, but itīs really great, the most Cohen-influenced Cave album! Itīs really hard to me believe itīs so expensive in vinyl! But of course I havenīt searched it, because I bought it when it came. If you want, I can look it into next record happening here Finland (there is one great indie-music retailer there) and if it is there for reasonable price (20-30 euro?) I can buy it and send it to you. That happening will be in the beginning of May.

hirsute_biped 03.04.2012 01:34 AM

http://www.amoeba.com/whats-in-my-ba...mothers-temple

Acid Mothers dudes go records shopping... and make some bizarre choices.

gmku 03.04.2012 08:49 AM

The Sonics ~ Here are the Sonics!!!

on new reissued LP

Has been on my want list a long time. Finally showed up in the bins.

gmku 03.04.2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
http://www.amoeba.com/whats-in-my-ba...mothers-temple

Acid Mothers dudes go records shopping... and make some bizarre choices.

My lord. Not normal at all. Listening to those records would be worse than getting teeth drilled without novacaine.

keep poppin pimples 03.05.2012 01:58 AM

well that's the right attitude, who wants to hear music like that when you could acquire every single pressing of whatever mor rolling stones record you've been playing for 40 years, i hope hearing the swiss press of sticky fingers is worth ignoring interesting music for.

stu666 03.05.2012 04:34 AM

Mortte Jousimo 03.05.2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

i would like it very much if you looked for it!!

Ok. I will send priv. message to you when that happening is near. I thought I have seen it there, but itīs also possible I remember wrong. And of course I donīt have any clue of the price, because I havenīt searched it myself, but once when I asked one album from that retailer, he said he havenīt got it because it would be so expensive. And all the albums I have bought from him have cost 20-30 euros.