Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

acousticrock87 07.25.2008 04:29 AM

Anything that takes 17 years to make and isn't Finnegan's Wake or a fucking architectural masterpiece is simply not worth it.

MellySingsDoom 07.25.2008 04:35 AM

"MBV releases new album at last, deemed, 'well, it's alright, innit?' by critics"

pbradley 07.25.2008 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mostly Harmless
Well I didn't think the Forces Which Control the Board would already take care of making me feel like a little kid.
If I'd known that, probably would've made my avatar something really badass, like a nun with Satan in a headlock and had my screenname be something really masculine, like "pbradley" or something.

ha ha, I like your screen name though.

And mine is decidedly non-conceptual.

Cantankerous 07.25.2008 04:58 AM

this picture amuses me

MellySingsDoom 07.25.2008 05:01 AM

^^^They're all smiling and stuff. Nice to see Syd looking relaxed, but trust Roger to hold on to the champagne bottle!

Cantankerous 07.25.2008 05:02 AM

how many members of pink floyd does it take to change a lightbulb?

one.

roger would just end up doing it by himself.

Mostly Harmless 07.25.2008 05:28 AM

Though Roger's the only one who looks convincingly sober, he dressed the most like a drunk asshole. And that was a close competition with Nick, who could definitely pass for some homeless boozehound they offered to share a drink with.

MellySingsDoom 07.25.2008 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
how many members of pink floyd does it take to change a lightbulb?

one.

roger would just end up doing it by himself.

Ha ha ha!

Or:

Two - Roger to change it, and David Gilmour to say that it was his idea all along.

Cantankerous 07.25.2008 05:42 AM

hahah

oh my god

do you know what i just said out loud?
INNIT, innit.

i didn't even mean to, i said it and then i couldn't believe myself.

you know who's fault this is i'm sure.
the more time i spend around him the more my oth's become uff's
fucking bastard

MellySingsDoom 07.25.2008 05:46 AM

Nah, it's my fault really...mine and Mr Cantanky's, hee hee :D

When me and Glice meet up, we like to use "innit" to the amusement of us, and the annoyance of everyone else.

Cantankerous 07.25.2008 05:48 AM

it is SO annoying. oddly i've only heard him say it a few times, but i ought to be slapped.

but like you know what i mean about pronouncing the word "nothing" like "muffin" with an N at the beginning? all his fault. entirely.

MellySingsDoom 07.25.2008 05:53 AM

I pronounce "nothing" like that too, and "what" like "Whaaurrrh?" God, never mind Mr C, you'd find my dulcet South London tones unbearable, hee hee. I can't talk proper, know whu' ah meen?

Cantankerous 07.25.2008 05:55 AM

i know precisely what you mean
and the way i pronounce "like" now is horrid, it almost sounds like "light"

MellySingsDoom 07.25.2008 05:59 AM

Yeah, "like". I pronounce "think" as "fink", "you want to" as "yuh wunner", and "thank you" as "fangk-yoow".

My speaking skills = Fail.

Cantankerous 07.25.2008 06:01 AM

my speaking skills = double fail because i have a distinctly flat american accent still

MellySingsDoom 07.25.2008 06:03 AM

My Czech speaking skills - triple fail (I speak Czech with a London accent, leading to sometimes confused looks from the Czechs when I'm in Prague trying to order food).

Next time yer in Euro-land, go to Prague. It's a beautiful city, the beer's great, and they all smoke like chimneys.

Cantankerous 07.25.2008 06:04 AM

i've heard prague is really lovely around christmas time

MellySingsDoom 07.25.2008 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i've heard prague is really lovely around christmas time

Yeah, lots of snow, and great Christmas markets. Cold, but very romantic.

_slavo_ 07.25.2008 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
My Czech speaking skills - triple fail (I speak Czech with a London accent, leading to sometimes confused looks from the Czechs when I'm in Prague trying to order food).

I would actually love to hear that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Next time yer in Euro-land, go to Prague. It's a beautiful city, the beer's great, and they all smoke like chimneys.

Melly, please, if you ever decide to come to Prague again, make sure you keep me informed. I'd travel to Prague 500km just to meet and have a few (meaning, 15) pints with you.

MellySingsDoom 07.25.2008 06:10 AM

_slavo_ - it'd be an honour to meet up w/you in Prague, consider your idea logged in me memory. Will give you as much advance warning as poss.

Nefeli - Hey there, you! How's tricks? Hope you're feeling fully recovered now.