Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

_slavo_ 07.24.2008 03:50 AM

Haha, I'm trying to imagine this situation. An exhausted nefeli desperately talking to someone on the phone and an annoying colleague trying to establish a conversation.
Live through the day and look forward to the evening when it's all good.

Cantankerous 07.24.2008 03:59 AM

you're allowed to smoke in your office? and not wear shoes?

damn, call me up, we'll have an office party.

_slavo_ 07.24.2008 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
it only shows in my eyes. other than that i m same-o. i m wearing black today, have headphones and i m barefoot, my feet on the chair. just, smoking makes me wanting to puke.

how is you?

I'm okay now, a little bit high on caffeine. Seems like I'm even enjoying my work today.

I can't smoke lately, I just can't. My lungs refuse to accept the smoke. I've had a pack of ciggies on Saturday (small pack - only ten pieces) and the day after my lungs ached terribly, as if someone was stabbing me in the chest. I got scared, I don't want to die of cancer.

_slavo_ 07.24.2008 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nefeli
i think thats good news. just throw the last package away!
are you considering to quit drinking coffee? it seems that it doesnt make you feel normal.

oh my..just realized that if you quit those 2, the only thing that you gonna be left with will be booze.

haha, yeah, you have a good insight.
I don't want to give up an occasional booze-soaked evening or two here and there though.

schizophrenicroom 07.24.2008 04:36 AM

i can't do alcohol every day. just once or twice a week is enough for me.

_slavo_ 07.24.2008 05:00 AM

yeah, the same. Sensless drinking makes no sense for me anymore, just like once every two weeks, haha. A comfortable evening in a chair with some good music on and a glass of chilled single malt in my hand is a different thing though.

schizophrenicroom 07.24.2008 05:02 AM

at the venue i'm going to friday for a show, i think they serve alcohol, so hopefully i can weasel a drink. first one in 5854854 years, it feels like.

_slavo_ 07.24.2008 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
at the venue i'm going to friday for a show, i think they serve alcohol, so hopefully i can weasel a drink. first one in 5854854 years, it feels like.

what kind of show it's going to be?

schizophrenicroom 07.24.2008 05:06 AM

it's a folky-rock type band. the venue is all ages all the time, and the area i'm in right now is pretty conservative (mormon) so i don't know if the place or any venues in the area serve alcohol or not. i'm too lazy to check.

Sonic Youth 37 07.24.2008 10:30 AM

Holy shit. OvationTV is showing Amadeus 3 times in a row, at 3 and 1/2 hours each. There goes my day.

schizophrenicroom 07.24.2008 10:32 AM

sounds like heaven.

Sonic Youth 37 07.24.2008 10:34 AM

It's pretty close. I missed the first hour of the first one, the second is just coming on. Someone up there knew I didn't feel like connecting my VCR to watch Amadeus.

schizophrenicroom 07.24.2008 10:41 AM

i'm waiting for a day when the graduate will come on amc at a time that's not three am. sometimes i just don't want to tivo something. or rent it or buy it. you know?

Sonic Youth 37 07.24.2008 10:45 AM

I know what you mean, sort of, I refuse to buy Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory because I love watching it on TV. I spent most nights in the fall up until 4 or 5 am watching movies on TCM and AMC. I'm getting DTs because I haven't watched a black and white movie all summer.

schizophrenicroom 07.24.2008 10:47 AM

all of august on tcm is "night under the stars"- each night is dedicated to a different actor/ress. then sunday nights of course are the silent movies. i'm pretty excited for the ingrid bergman night. i do the same- i put on one of those channels and don't get up or change the channel for ten hours. i just wish amc would show, uh, classics. at least mad men is the best show on television right now.

Sonic Youth 37 07.24.2008 10:50 AM

TCM is the best at night. Rope at 1 AM is stellar. There was one time I watched TCM with my roommate for 12 hours straight, from 7PM to 7AM. It was like screwball comedy from the 30s and 40s night He was worse than I was, he'd be up almost 24 hours watching it sometimes.

schizophrenicroom 07.24.2008 10:53 AM

holy hell, that's hardcore.

the screwball comedies are so fun, but my favorites are still the weird silent movies. i just watched, on sunday night, one about a fat man in the park looking for love. i'll also take anything with humphrey bogart.

Sonic Youth 37 07.24.2008 11:00 AM

Bogart ftw. The Maltese Falcon is perfect.
One night, TCM had Abel Gance night and they played J'accuse and Napoleon starting at midnight. I made it through J'accuse, which is 2 and 45 minutes silent, but I didn't even try for Napoleon which is 5 and 1/2 hours, silent. My roommate watched them both because it was the first (and probably last) time they were ever shown on TV and in restored form.

schizophrenicroom 07.24.2008 11:03 AM

i rented that in order to get my stepsister to appreciate movies beyond scary movie and date movie, and oh man was it a success. the big sleep is my favorite of his, though.

oh, i remember when those were on. i watched j'accuse but 5 hours is way too long for my sorry attention span.

Sonic Youth 37 07.24.2008 11:04 AM

I've only seen a little of the Big Sleep, so I'm hoping it comes on during the fall.