Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   louder's hip-hop café (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=78817)

louder 12.08.2012 04:27 PM

new Lil B tape titled "Glassface". probably his best shit since God's Father. great beats all over. plus he freestyled over Cleanin' Out My Closet, One Mic and more.

louder 12.08.2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
again. what's the point of this?

what do you mean?

i ignored some people like Dreke, Cake, etc cuz i'm already too old to deal with some internet hate. wasn't talking about you.. you're cool (even if a little harsh at times lol).

louder 12.08.2012 04:44 PM

funny.

i can take some criticism tho.

there's a line between that and blind hate.

louder 12.08.2012 05:07 PM

i hate anyone who hates me. but i also acknowledge that they only feel that way cuz i'm better than them.

noisereductions 12.08.2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverasskiss
sure. but you think most kids listen to this take anything positive from it? fuck no!!!! to them it's the same shit. get drunk. smoke blunts. fuck bitches.

in a way that's what's great about it no?

universal.

the kids hear what they wanna hear. The drunk, blunt, bitches. And the older dudes hear the deeper shit. It's good on any level, any age.

noisereductions 12.11.2012 06:06 PM

OK so Jesus Piece is the weakest major label Game album. But I still think it's *good*... just not as good as the four preceeding it. And no surprise, but "See No Evil" w/ Kendrick is the best track on there.

noisereductions 12.11.2012 06:11 PM

"Hallelujah" is dope too. "Freedom" samples MF Doom. Or was it produced by him? Sounds diff than his original Herb track.

louder 12.11.2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions
OK so Jesus Piece is the weakest major label Game album. But I still think it's *good*... just not as good as the four preceeding it. And no surprise, but "See No Evil" w/ Kendrick is the best track on there.

yeah, i thought it was worse than RED. didn't wanna ruin your fun so i've been waiting for you to hear it first.

that Ali Bomaye beat goes so hard though.

noisereductions 12.11.2012 06:45 PM

yeah I mean I'm saying it's his weakest, but most of my iTunes tracks are tagged with 4-stars... 5 of the 15 are 3 stars. I mean still pretty solid. But just not up to par with the rest. I think I liked RED more than you did too.

louder 12.12.2012 12:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3WmkXIae_g

what the fuck man

louder 12.13.2012 02:51 AM

http://www.mrworldpremiere.net/2012/...for-sandy.html

SpaceCadetHayden 12.13.2012 10:14 PM

new chief keef is so fucking dope oh my god

louder 12.14.2012 04:20 AM

yes. Hate Bein' Sober!

louder 12.16.2012 08:13 PM

louder 12.17.2012 10:42 AM

i love this new wave of R&B artists.

Frank Ocean, The Weeknd, Miguel, How to Dress Well, Jhene Aiko, etc.

awesome stuff.

SpaceCadetHayden 12.17.2012 04:16 PM

I'm not a fan of Frank or The Weeknd but I love HTDW. Jeremih has a new mixtape out I've heard some of it and it's dope.

Rob Instigator 12.17.2012 04:18 PM

Rhythm & Bullshit

Rob Instigator 12.17.2012 04:44 PM

Hip Hop is dead as disco.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous 12.18.2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noisereductions

Dude, I seriously hope you are tripping. I haven't heard this album yet, but I just barely saw it yesterday when I was shopping for the family and I WANT IT! The Game has always hinted and tip-toed about conscious and indeed Christian music, and as a conscious person I need that reflected through my art. This seems like The Game finally went out there, and for no reason other to than to be honest and hold it down, put out a conscious album reflecting his spiritual reality. The youth need to hear that. It has to be about something with substance, something with hope, something transformational. I hope this album is one of those moments for mainstream rap music..

Ok, UPDATE, I just listened through a chunk of it, and I ain't hatin. Could it be better? Yes. The beats are better than shitty Red album though for real. Bit more westcoast throwback like we're used to. It is a bit too damned horny and pussy oriented for a conscious album, but fuck it, that is rap isn't it..

And like typical Game, the consciousness is subdued, in the background, foundational. However, its there, and in the world of shitty substance lacking music, this can be a step in the positive direction like when Tupac sang, "Who Do you Believe In?"

noisereductions 12.18.2012 07:13 PM

I still like RED better. But that doesn't mean anything. This is easily in my top 10 albums of the year dood.