Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 05.25.2022 07:29 PM

life is good :-)

_tunic_ 07.10.2022 03:03 PM

I have a mouse, and it's not a pet :(
Hopefully it's only one, haven't seen only one at a time so I guess it's all the same one. I've set several traps, so far it doesn't help. Several different types, some with poison which it doesn't eat it. And some trappers, with peanut butter as bate. It has ate the peanut butter but the snapper don't snap.

I live on the third floor of a four story apartment complex. How the hell can I get a mouse!! And how the hell can I get rid of it!! It makes me very paranoianical.

!@#$%! 07.10.2022 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
Hopefully it's only one, haven't seen only one at a time so I guess it's all the same one. I've set several traps, so far it doesn't help. Several different types, some with poison which it doesn't eat it. And some trappers, with peanut butter as bate. It has ate the peanut butter but the snapper don't snap.

I live on the third floor of a four story apartment complex. How the hell can I get a mouse!! And how the hell can I get rid of it!! It makes me very paranoianical.

someone else must have attracted it. traps, btw, need to be flush against the wall with the snapper perpendicular to it (and facing thr wall). mice tend to walk alongside walls rather than in the open.

but... your whole building might need an exterminator i think. just an idea.

_tunic_ 07.11.2022 11:16 AM

thanks for the tip about the trap placement. I didn't know that, and had placed them near the wall, but at a ~10cm distance and parallel to it. I figured they would smell the bate....

Coming Wednesday we have our yearly owners meeting, and I'll have it discussed. I was wondering the same. My place hasn't been the cleanest lately, but it must come from 3 floors down or one floor up (or two up if the roof is also a floor for them mice ;) )

ALIEN ANAL 07.13.2022 10:49 PM

Howdy folks. Hope all is well :)

Antagon 08.25.2022 11:52 AM

The internet introduced me to this wonderfully terrible Prince live bootleg cover today. It's both the most horrifying and carpenteresque misfire of a fanart attempt, but it also kind of gives me life. I once named a team of video game characters after famous musicians. When it came to Prince though, a typo made its way in and the character from then on would only be referred to as "Prnice". This cover is Prnice without filters. It's the purest distillation of the Prnice way. And it is everything.

_tunic_ 08.26.2022 01:47 AM

perhaps this was because it's still in the early morning. But I initially thought you were referring to the Carpenters with "carpenteresque"

_tunic_ 09.14.2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

I caught the?/a mouse today! I'm so proud of myself :D
yeah whatever. I've put traps for months, and ow all of a sudden it walked into it. It wasn't even fresh bait, two weeks old peanut butter.
You read that mice walk along the walls. Maybe US mice are different from Dutch mice, this one walks everywhere except along the walls.

Let's hope there was only one, and the entire family doesn't come looking for daddy tonight ....

!@#$%! 09.14.2022 12:35 PM

Quote:

I caught the?/a mouse today! I'm so proud of myself :D
yeah whatever. I've put traps for months, and ow all of a sudden it walked into it. It wasn't even fresh bait, two weeks old peanut butter.
You read that mice walk along the walls. Maybe US mice are different from Dutch mice, this one walks everywhere except along the walls.

Let's hope there was only one, and the entire family doesn't come looking for daddy tonight ....

hahahahahahaaa! goddamn. dutch mice are smart but all die in the end.

well i'm glad it was caught in a trap and not poisoned. having rodents die inside the walls has to be very smelly....

now i'd say continue laying traps because where there's one there might be many... and your mice seem to like their peanut butter "aged"

Rob Instigator 10.07.2022 11:11 AM

The NY Times art crirtic, Jerry Saltz, posted a pic of himself on Twitter asking artists to do what thou wilt. I did this. He LIKED IT. hahha!!

https://twitter.com/Robinstigator/st...03445924630528

!@#$%! 10.07.2022 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
The NY Times art crirtic, Jerry Saltz, posted a pic of himself on Twitter asking artists to do what thou wilt. I did this. He LIKED IT. hahha!!

https://twitter.com/Robinstigator/st...03445924630528

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

bravo, sir

Rob Instigator 10.07.2022 01:06 PM

*Takes a bow*

choc e-Claire 01.12.2023 01:45 AM

I wrote a very long and rambling thing about the Chile vs Soviet Union football playoff in 1973: https://fuzzybluerain.substack.com/p...hets-chile-and

Rob Instigator 01.12.2023 02:11 PM

jeff beck

....too soon?

!@#$%! 01.12.2023 10:19 PM

Quote:

jeff beck

....too soon?

haahahaaa! that's mean... xD

he was a good musician. i never got into his stuff, but he played his instrument well. what more could one ask? i mean at least he didn't fuck it all up by singing.

!@#$%! 01.12.2023 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I wrote a very long and rambling thing about the Chile vs Soviet Union football playoff in 1973: https://fuzzybluerain.substack.com/p...hets-chile-and

haha, it's long! it's also very well written. but it goes from genesis to revelation so i started reading it in random chunks. biba la anarkía.

i'll let you know when i finish. btw if you wanna make it even longer, write about why the british ultimately protected pinochet and why margaret thatcher advocated for him. total clusterfuck,

ok here you go lol: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ohn-osullivan/

the argentinian junta were fucking nazis too though. in the style of pinochet but on an even greater scale.

choc e-Claire 01.13.2023 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
haha, it's long! it's also very well written. but it goes from genesis to revelation so i started reading it in random chunks. biba la anarkía.

i'll let you know when i finish. btw if you wanna make it even longer, write about why the british ultimately protected pinochet and why margaret thatcher advocated for him. total clusterfuck,

ok here you go lol: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ohn-osullivan/

the argentinian junta were fucking nazis too though. in the style of pinochet but on an even greater scale.

Thank you, haha! I enjoyed writing something for non-uni reasons because it means that I don't have to constrain myself to structure or formal referencing or length...

I briefly touch on that, and have a footnote detailing Thatcher's affection and support. That article you sent me is interesting - the way I've internalised that relationship to myself is that Thatcher's Britain deeply envied the sheer economic vandalism, and Pinochet's Chile was just looking for any chance to jump in on the Argies :p

And the Argentinian stuff is horrific in sheer scale, which I talk about as well - nine thousand dead in six years, and that's possibly an underestimate, and yet who knows how many people even know about it. I spend a few pages talking about the 1978 World Cup in Argentina, which is extremely relevant given 2022's locale.

Rob Instigator 01.13.2023 10:26 AM

cool ass shit choc-o-claire

Rob Instigator 01.13.2023 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
haahahaaa! that's mean... xD

he was a good musician. i never got into his stuff, but he played his instrument well. what more could one ask? i mean at least he didn't fuck it all up by singing.

Jeff Beck is the Linda Ronstadt of guitar.

!@#$%! 01.13.2023 11:32 AM

Quote:

Jeff Beck is the Linda Ronstadt of guitar.

what did linda ronstadt do? something about a pony i think? i can't recall hahaha.

also, this should be telling: when i was a kid i got a jeff beck cd because i had heard he was a great guitarist bla bla etc.

but today i can't remember the name of the record, nor a single tune from it, nothing. it probably disappeared in the floor of a car. i didn't hate it, i think, but i didn't really like it. so i forgot it until yesterday. so what you said above is true for me, lol. but it's still mean hahaha.

but anyway, he had his fans, and they're sad now, so who am i to say. he wasn't my enemy though. i don't remember being attacked by him the way i feel attacked by christmas music, country shit, or the millennial clap.

besides, he didn't pester anyone with singing. that should be a lesson for a lot of musicians, to shut the fuck up and play the instruments. so, much respect for that alone, hahaha.