Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonic Sounds (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   MPP===best album of all time (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=28682)

Glice 01.23.2009 06:52 PM

Animal Collective's ticket prices are about £10 less than tickets for Britney Spears, and about the same as Girls Aloud. That's pretty fucking wrong if you ask me, given that you're not even getting a costume change, let alone a dance routine.

Edit: This isn't really accurate, on reflection, but the ticket prices are still too steep for real humans.

uhler 01.23.2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
uhler, it kind of sounds like yr whining now... if thats the price, then thats the price... wtf? did you whine when SY released the 4-lp version of Daydream Nation, and stuck a $30 price on it?

there's nothing wrong with whining.

edit- especially when you know you're right.

and yes i did have a problem with the lp being thirty bucks. that's why i got the cd used for thirteen.

wellcharge 01.23.2009 08:16 PM

expensive shows are usually announced a couple months in advance, you could save $30 in that amount of time by walking around looking for pennies

atsonicpark 01.23.2009 08:38 PM

417 replies, jesus fucking christ.

acousticrock87 01.23.2009 08:52 PM

That just means its quality is debatable.

uhler 01.23.2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

that is pretty incredible.

StevOK 01.23.2009 09:07 PM

Why so much bitching about ticket prices? It's not like they're Fugazi or anything.

Bollocks_to_Pop 01.23.2009 11:54 PM

I don't get the problem. I just paid $20 for tickets to see them (not counting the "convience fees" though). When I saw Dinosaur Jr when they first reunited I paid around $35. When I saw SY I paid $25 and $45 for the daydream nation show. I think AC have come out with an outstanding album and don't think that this ticket price whining is called for. Besides, I think they deserve the extra couple of bucks imo for creating an amazing album.

sarramkrop 01.24.2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atsonicpark

Yeah, let's take a deep breath and remind everyone once more that Animal Collective are a shit band.

davenotdead 01.24.2009 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Yeah, let's take a deep breath and remind everyone once more that Animal Collective are a shit band.

your campaign seems to be quite effective.

i'm considering running for political office, are you available for hire?

sarramkrop 01.24.2009 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davenotdead
your campaign seems to be quite effective.

i'm considering running for political office, are you available for hire?

I'm only warning you kids about the damage you're doing to your ears. I bet that if you ask your mum about AC she will reply: ''Oh please sweetheart, what's this shit? Are you mad?''.

SYRFox 01.24.2009 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I'm only warning you kids about the damage you're doing to your ears. I bet that if you ask your mum about AC she will reply: ''Oh please sweetheart, what's this shit? Are you mad?''.

Wrong. My mum loves Animal Collective and will come and see them live in March too.
Ah!

sarramkrop 01.24.2009 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYRFox
Wrong. My mum loves Animal Collective and will come and see them live in March too.
Ah!

youtube or it won't happen.

PAULYBEE2656 01.24.2009 04:42 PM

still listening to merriweather...i still dont like it... poor album. dont believe the hype... feels is still their best!

SYRFox 01.24.2009 05:07 PM

I discovered today that Pantha Du prince will open for them when I'll see them in March
I almost had a heart attack reading it
I fucking love Pantha Du Prince

noisereductions 01.24.2009 06:19 PM

I really like it so far. I think it's great. Don't know (yet) if I like it more than STRAWBERRY JAM or not. It's hard for me to really say I have a favorite AC album, because I like each in different ways. If forced, I might say SPIRIT is my favorite. Whatever. MPP is great.

StevOK 01.25.2009 01:17 AM

I still think Feels is my favorite AC album, but MPP has the most memmorable songs. I've had almost all of the songs from it stuck in my head at some point. The only thing that I really don't like on this album is the bass/low end stuff. It's all really one dimensional, and seems like the kind of bass that you would hear a mile away from a low-rider. I didn't notice it until I listened to it on my dad's stereo system yesterday, and I got scared that someone was going to call in a noise complaint on us.

schizophrenicroom 01.25.2009 01:20 AM

i just listened to their show in nyc from earlier this week and god, it was so good. i'm seeing them in june!

uhler 01.25.2009 01:34 AM

"youth of america" is better than anything animal collective can even think of creating. i just felt like saying that.

RdTv 01.25.2009 01:39 AM

Last time AC came local, I didnt see them because it was $20 tickets for a wednesday night show. A year or two earlier they were doing shows here for 1/4th that price. (thats $5.00 for a much more intimate venue full of people that will buy your records because they are good and not because they are Animal Collective)...true appreciation....PRICELESS