Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

!@#$%! 01.31.2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antagon
You're welcome. Doubtful due to the ending of -er, which rather refers back to the person (i.e: he who cries). But who knows? Might as well be. Surnames can get really crazy in the German language, making the etymology kind of muddled. There are literally people named "Bauernfeind" around here, which translates to "Enemy of farmers".

oh ha ha ha ha that name is like... attila the hun!

anyway weiner is he who cries

but weiner SMITH (schmidt, same difference) is a what?

a crafstsman, a maker

eg
blacksmith
silversmith

therefore
a maker of “he who cries”!

Antagon 01.31.2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh ha ha ha ha that name is like... attila the hun!

anyway weiner is he who cries

but weiner SMITH (schmidt, same difference) is a what?

a crafstsman, a maker

eg
blacksmith
silversmith

therefore
a maker of “he who cries”!

Fair point, I didn't factor the -smith into the equation. Also a nice thought given that he's a cartoonist. I like the dimensions this conversation is starting to explore.

Must spread some rep around

choc e-Claire 01.31.2019 09:16 PM

I'm walking into the entrance to the library and a bunch of nerds (one of them won an award for reading the most manga of anyone in the school, and was happy to receive it - if that tells you anything about him) are standing around.

One of them says 'hi' in a stupid voice, and I just keep walking. Another goes 'aren't you going to talk to us?', and then I said 'why would I want to?'

---

After typing on a clunky keyboard for a school computer, my laptop feels really light and fresh.

!@#$%! 01.31.2019 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I'm walking into the entrance to the library and a bunch of nerds (one of them won an award for reading the most manga of anyone in the school, and was happy to receive it - if that tells you anything about him) are standing around.

One of them says 'hi' in a stupid voice, and I just keep walking. Another goes 'aren't you going to talk to us?', and then I said 'why would I want to?'

oh, dont be a snobby twat

then you cry here about feeling lonely

im sure we can find things to say about you

fucking pecking order!

one day you’ll be begging manga boy to hire you AND IT WILL BE TOO LATE

Quote:

After typing on a clunky keyboard for a school computer, my laptop feels really light and fresh.

OH THERE IS CHOCKY WHO SPENDS ALL HER TIME AT THE COMPUTER

DONT YOU TALK TO ME

xx

Lololo

be kind to animals chockster. autism is no excuse to be a bitch.

“hi”
“hey”

“aren’t you gonna talk to us.”
“sure whats up”

OR SOMETHING

kids! fucksakes lololol

this is why history is doomed to repeat itself

!@#$%! 01.31.2019 10:20 PM

i should add: freaks need to support each other

see here:

https://www.vulture.com/2018/11/jerr...an-artist.html

Quote:

Artists must commune with their own kind all the time. There are no exceptions to this rule, even if you live “out in the woods.” Preferably commune in person, but online is more than fine. It doesn’t matter where you live: big city, small city, little town. You will fight and love together; you will develop new languages together and give each other comfort, conversation, and the strength to carry on. This is how you will change the world — and your art.

To protect yourselves, form small gangs. Protect one another no matter what; this gang will allow all of you to go out into and take over parts of the world. Argue, sleep with, love, hate, get sick of your fellow gang members. Whatever happens, you need one another — for now. Protect the weakest artist in your gang, because there are people in the gang who think you’re the weak one.

same as artists, this applies to all unusuals. you, me, the rest of us here.

eta: https://youtu.be/9C4uTEEOJlM

choc e-Claire 02.01.2019 12:17 AM

Right, I know, I'm a hypocrite.

I won't be a dick to them.

!@#$%! 02.01.2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Right, I know, I'm a hypocrite.

I won't be a dick to them.

well, we all have problems yes?

whats important is to keep working on them, and learn

best wishes for tomorrow!

EVOLghost 02.01.2019 03:34 AM

Going Skiing/Snowboard this weekend for my 30th birthday!

http://www.cypressmountain.com/

!@#$%! 02.01.2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Going Skiing/Snowboard this weekend for my 30th birthday!

http://www.cypressmountain.com/

nice!

watch out for gwyneth

EVOLghost 02.01.2019 11:43 AM

See, the doods being greedy. If he’d ask for a lot less, he may have been able to get a settlement or something ;P

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.01.2019 05:27 PM

So now my dog is following these new cats around whimpering because they dont want to be her friend. Idk what I was worried about

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.01.2019 05:28 PM

No way Jose, youre way more adventurous than me lol.
I couldn't even imagine flying down a snowy mountain like that. Sounds like hell rn.

Stick me in a cabin by the fireplace w a book n some spiderman comics and I'm good fam.

My 28th bday is coming up in a week or so n I just want some eggplant parmesean, a new vacuum, and to maaaaybe see that new Laurel and Hardy movie lol

!@#$%! 02.01.2019 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I couldn't even imagine flying down a snowy mountain like that. Sounds like hell rn.

Stick me in a cabin by the fireplace w a book n some spiderman comics and I'm good fam.

My 28th bday is coming up in a week or so n I just want some eggplant parmesean, a new vacuum, and to maaaaybe see that new Laurel and Hardy movie lol

hahaha

must spread more butter

that fireplace needs a hot buttered rum

choc e-Claire 02.03.2019 01:25 AM

Trying to form a club for music discussion at school. I've got a good starting point for it, with a few of my friends.

EVOLghost 02.03.2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

That shit was pretty crazy. Hard as fuck. I tried snowboarding. Can’t do it. Didn’t travel more than like 10 ft before falling....which hurts after a short while. If there’s a next time, I’ll try skiing. Not a fan of having my feet fixed. Anyway...it was...an experience....but yeah nah. Never snowboarding again.

PS we may return to this mountain in the future but it’d be for Snow Shoeing and maybe tubing :)

EVOLghost 02.03.2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

So now my dog is following these new cats around whimpering because they dont want to be her friend. Idk what I was worried about

Nice. They’ll be friends soon enough. Glad to hear she ain’t chompin’ on some cat.

Ps. Don’t treat a cat like it’s a toy for the dog. I did that once with Elephant and Pason(Shi Tzu Yorkie) and Elephant almost grabbed him like a toy. Anyway, everything was fine after but for that split second, I thought I really fucked up.

EVOLghost 02.03.2019 03:03 PM

I’ll be honest...4/5 years ago, I probably wouldn’t have been this adventurous. My huge inspiration is to show my girl amazing shit as well as Elephant. They’re both great and deserve all the nice things. Elephant is a very well travelled dog, he’s from Chicago, took a road trip with me to Colorado(chilled in NE, hiked in CO), he’s lived in Washington and hiked on some badass trails, we hung out in Portland exploring the city and the parks there. After this nice weekend trip, we want to bring him to Vancouver and explore a nice snowy forest.

choc e-Claire 02.03.2019 03:44 PM

TFW a dog is more well-travelled than you

choc e-Claire 02.03.2019 07:41 PM

In English Language we're talking about how there are some phonemes that other languages don't have - for example, there's no /ð/ in French, no /θ/ in Gaelic, or no /l/ in Japanese - and I could tell the kid in front of me was trying so hard to not make racist jokes.

This is a kid who, when we discussing gun deaths in the United States, looked at suicides by under-15s and said all the year sevens should go do it.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 02.04.2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Ps. Don’t treat a cat like it’s a toy for the dog. I did that once with Elephant and Pason(Shi Tzu Yorkie) and Elephant almost grabbed him like a toy. Anyway, everything was fine after but for that split second, I thought I really fucked up.

Too late! I can't stop chucking Sneakers' helpless body down the hallway, and having Ruby retrieve her for me.