Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

tesla69 01.07.2019 07:23 AM

With the 116th Congress being hailed as the most diverse and most female one yet, the rise of the empowered woman has left few sectors of business and government untouched and now extends to the US’ cosy-cosy club of arms manufacturers and their government procurers.
Politico celebrated this “watershed” moment on Wednesday, announcing that as of January 1, the CEOs of four of the nation’s top five defense contractors – Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, and Boeing’s defense wing – are now women. The latest appointment was of Kathy Warden as CEO and president of Northrop Grumman.

Severian 01.07.2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ah fuck edward gorey is the best

i used to have that book

maybe i still do, somewhere

Yes! “A Very Gorey Alphabet Book” and “Amphigorey” and so on. I have a few in my stacks. Totally get lost in the buggers.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.07.2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
That's a really gross way of describing it. And anyway, a gentleman would never kiss and tell.

That said, I really wish I could get someone else's sauce...

Whoever said anything about kissing or me being a gentleman?

!@#$%! 01.07.2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Whoever said anything about kissing or me being a gentleman?

ass to mouth is still kissing...

!@#$%! 01.07.2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by operator
volume one of my autobiography

that looks fucking brilliant

choc e-Claire 01.07.2019 02:47 PM

Quote:

ass to mouth is still kissing...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to !@#$%! again.

h8kurdt 01.07.2019 05:01 PM

Man, climbing was amazing tonight. I was ON IT! Night like tonight is when it's all worth. No negativity was swirling around my head, my energy was high and it was just all round brilliant.

Sorry just had to vent

_tunic_ 01.07.2019 06:24 PM

what did you climb? We can't climb anywhere, my entire country is flat as a dime.

anyway, there's a chance I might get to work in Paris as a resident engineer, and live there too. And it's the work that I like and am good at.

EVOLghost 01.07.2019 09:09 PM

My dog has irritated paws after picking him up from boarding on Saturday. I washed his paws and he still is being weird. Probably gonna have to take him to the vet. When I called the facility, the fucking dood in the phone was so blasé about it. I was pissed. I called today to dance a reservation I had for him in February and it was that which prompted a call back from the owner. She tried telling me that it was probably exhaustion....I know when the dog is tired and when something is wrong. I had a job at a boarding/daycare for dogs and shit like this never happened. Good thing is that he’s still drinking and eating. Not eating much, but he was always a grazer and never really ate in a full sitting. Which is a bit surprising since he’s gained 10 lbs since moving to Washington.

choc e-Claire 01.07.2019 11:08 PM

Just remembered the time I had a crush on a straight girl and then immediately after a gay dude

_tunic_ 01.08.2019 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
My dog has irritated paws after picking him up from boarding on Saturday. I washed his paws and he still is being weird. Probably gonna have to take him to the vet. When I called the facility, the fucking dood in the phone was so blasé about it. I was pissed. I called today to dance a reservation I had for him in February and it was that which prompted a call back from the owner. She tried telling me that it was probably exhaustion....I know when the dog is tired and when something is wrong. I had a job at a boarding/daycare for dogs and shit like this never happened. Good thing is that he’s still drinking and eating. Not eating much, but he was always a grazer and never really ate in a full sitting. Which is a bit surprising since he’s gained 10 lbs since moving to Washington.

maybe this will help:
7 Soothing Foot Bath Recipes for Your Dog's Itchy Paws

or
Why Are My Dog's Paws Itchy?

or my own special recipe:
force it to listen to this song before every meal for a month or two. It probably will not work at all, but it might turn into the coolest headbanging Primus loving puppy

h8kurdt 01.08.2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
what did you climb? We can't climb anywhere, my entire country is flat as a dime.

anyway, there's a chance I might get to work in Paris as a resident engineer, and live there too. And it's the work that I like and am good at.

I live in the north of England so there's the lake District near by and some decent places in Lancashire specifically. However, atm I tend to focus more on indoor climbing especially given the winter weather. I'm also really lucky that there are a couple of decent indoor places both with 20 minutes of me. Come spring I'll definitely aiming to be outside more often.

I actually met a bird in New Orleans and we got on amazingly. To the point where we both mooted the idea of me staying in New Orleans and me trying to get some work. On a whim I decided to look up climbing in New Orleans and there's just nothing around. Of all the incredible climbing to be done in America and she had to live in New Orleans! I'll admit that played some part in me coming home :D

!@#$%! 01.08.2019 03:11 PM

today i had to block this website on my router cuz the moment i am distracted i press “s” and this address autofills lololo

enough with the tics!

s-return

s-return

choc e-Claire 01.08.2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

today i had to block this website on my router cuz the moment i am distracted i press “s” and this address autofills lololo

This website is the first suggestion on Google Chrome's homepage on my phone.

!@#$%! 01.08.2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
This website is the first suggestion on Google Chrome's homepage on my phone.

yep.

s-return

s-return

lol @ compulsions

eta: here goes the afternoon reblock...

choc e-Claire 01.09.2019 01:40 AM

I relate to this badly.

Diesel 01.09.2019 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _tunic_
maybe this will help:
7 Soothing Foot Bath Recipes for Your Dog's Itchy Paws

or
Why Are My Dog's Paws Itchy?

or my own special recipe:
force it to listen to this song before every meal for a month or two. It probably will not work at all, but it might turn into the coolest headbanging Primus loving puppy

Headbanging puppies?! Is this the kind of s-post one should be aspiring to?

Diesel 01.09.2019 02:46 AM

More pics of curvy vermin please. Of the Whitey variety preferably. For an ironical laff N' that.

Diesel 01.09.2019 06:08 AM

^I can't quite make that out. Is that teslas' cubby hole?

_tunic_ 01.10.2019 11:31 AM

holy crap! this is unbelievable. What world are we living in? I just read this quote on some support forum for EAC:

Quote:

Spaceboy said:
No I've done two CDs both well known Smashing Pumpkins albums.

then somebody replied:
Sorry, but I've not heard about this band before. So perhaps they attract an audience which is too young to generally buy CDs?