Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Peterpuff 01.04.2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
weed is cool, but stay the fuck away from cigarettes

Listen to this advice, like, seriously listen. Starting cigs was one of the worst decisions I have ever made in life...

choc e-Claire 01.04.2019 02:36 PM

Okay, okay, I won't start with cigarettes.

---

Because Operator (hello) asked me about Christmas presents in another thread and I don't think I've posted them here yet, so:
*Guinness World Records 2019
*The Three Secret Cities (Matthew Reilly)
*Nine Inch Nails t-shirt
*Pair of headphones
*$20 JB Hi-Fi gift card

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.04.2019 03:21 PM

I can't believe just how much this girl that I've started seeing and I have in common. We've known eachother for 5 years now, but never really spent any time alone together. She's a lot like a female version of me, but nearly six years younger and vegetarian/vegan. Same warped sense of humor, enjoys art films and shoegaze, and is very dirty in bed. Similar weird anxieties, and feelings of disassociation. Grew up poor and from a broken home just like I did. It doesn't even feel real tbh, and she looks at me with the exact same sense of bewilderment. We literally stay up until the sun rises every morning just talking to one another. Every. single. time.

I'm so not used to having someone in my life like this. I don't really know how to react. She just got out of a relationship after finding out her bf had been cheating on her. When we started talking on New Year's, she had told me she was ready to give up on dating altogether, and was considering becoming a lesbian lol. Something tells me I may have changed those plans already.

!@#$%! 01.04.2019 03:30 PM

dna test? :D

but seriously, lol, wtf is supposed to be wrong with this picture?

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.04.2019 03:40 PM

Idk man. I'm just really, really not used to good things like this happening in my life. I guess I'm sort of guessing, "okay, what's the catch here?" I'm sure I'll find out eventually, but for now:

It's all so surreal. I feel truly blessed rn.

!@#$%! 01.04.2019 04:04 PM

yeah. relax, enjoy... life doesnt have to be like your hilarious nightmares (theyre hilarious, should be films. just saying). but yeah. relax and thank your good luck.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.04.2019 05:24 PM

Severian 01.04.2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _slavo_
see, that's weird. I'm probably missing something in my body that would enable nicotine addiction or something. but I've been more-less a smoker since 19 but it has always been an on-and-off thing and I never felt an urge to smoke. There have been countless times when I simply forgot about smoking for long months or even years. I never feel the urge to go and buy smokes - I only do that before I know I'll go out drinking (which happens only very rarely lately).
But the mystic "nicotine additction" is something I've never experienced and hopefully never will.

Lucky motherfucker

Severian 01.04.2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I can't believe just how much this girl that I've started seeing and I have in common. We've known eachother for 5 years now, but never really spent any time alone together. She's a lot like a female version of me, but nearly six years younger and vegetarian/vegan. Same warped sense of humor, enjoys art films and shoegaze, and is very dirty in bed. Similar weird anxieties, and feelings of disassociation. Grew up poor and from a broken home just like I did. It doesn't even feel real tbh, and she looks at me with the exact same sense of bewilderment. We literally stay up until the sun rises every morning just talking to one another. Every. single. time.

I'm so not used to having someone in my life like this. I don't really know how to react. She just got out of a relationship after finding out her bf had been cheating on her. When we started talking on New Year's, she had told me she was ready to give up on dating altogether, and was considering becoming a lesbian lol. Something tells me I may have changed those plans already.

Cool deal man! But... it’s Jan. 3, so maybe take a breath?

But good for you. Seriously.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.04.2019 08:50 PM

January FOURTH

lmfao

but yeah... I know, i know.

It's uhhhmmm... it's been a while on my end.

Gotta play it cool though.

pony 01.04.2019 09:06 PM

Mommy Is Back From Work, Y'all !!

dirty bunny 01.05.2019 06:17 AM

I was thinking of starting a blog, so I went to Blogger.

>Please sign in with your google account.
Me: nope.

I guess I'll try another site.

!@#$%! 01.05.2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty bunny

you have no fake addys?

dirty bunny 01.05.2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you have no fake addys?

I guess I could make another fake google account if I wanted to

Severian 01.05.2019 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirty bunny

I did Wordpress for a while. It’s nice enough and fairly intuitive with options for more fuckery if you know how to code or want to pay for sweet digs.

I wouldn’t use Blogger either. Even with the dummy address I use for such things. I just don’t like the interface and I don’t like Google.

!@#$%! 01.05.2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
I did Wordpress for a while. It’s nice enough and fairly intuitive with options for more fuckery if you know how to code or want to pay for sweet digs.

I wouldn’t use Blogger either. Even with the dummy address I use for such things. I just don’t like the interface and I don’t like Google.

BUT IT’S FREE

Diesel 01.05.2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
Mommy Is Back From Work, Y'all !!

Mom, I've been bad, done a proper wrong un' in the sink basin again. Can we use the electrified crocodile clips this time? Maybe play Mozarts' 5th symphony as tone setter? Y'know, get our Mussolini on.

Severian 01.05.2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
BUT IT’S FREE

Freedom, however — from what I’ve been told — is not.

Actually Wordpress is free too. They’re all free unless you want to pay for premium shit. Weebly’s free, Wix is free. Just the custom design elements aren’t always free

They’re not free on Blogger either. *shrug*

Diesel 01.05.2019 02:28 PM

You must be wondering how
The boy next door turned out
Have a care, but don't stare
Because he's still there
Lamenting policewomen, policemen
Silly women, taxmen, uniformed whores
They who wish to hurt you
Work within the law
This world is full, oh
So full of crashing bores
And I must be one
Cause no one ever turns to me to say
"Take me in your arms
Take me in your arms
And love me"
You must be wondering how
The boy next door turned out
Have a care and say a prayer
Because he's still there
Lamenting policewomen, policemen,
Silly women, taxmen, uniformed whores
Educated criminals work within the law
This world is full, oh
So full of crashing bores
And I must be one
Cause no one ever turns to me to say
"Take me in your arms
Take me in your arms
And love me"
What really lies
Beyond the constraints of my mind?
Could it be the sea
With fate mooning back at me?
No, it's just more lock-jawed pop-stars
Thicker than pig-shit
Nothing to convey
So scared to show intelligence
It might smear their lovely career
This world, I am afraid,
Is designed for crashing bores
I am not one
I am not one
You don't understand
You don't understand
And yet you can
Take me in your arms and love me, love me
And love me
Take me in your arms and love me, love me, love me
Take me in your arms and love me
Take me in your arms and love me
Would you do, would you do what you should do?

choc e-Claire 01.05.2019 03:32 PM

Symbols, Severian: I use WordPress and I'd strongly recommend it. Building static pages is a bit of a challenge, but if you just want to push out blog posts every few days, there's no reasonable problem you could have with it.