Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.02.2019 10:51 PM

Interesting. I was previously prescribed xanax for depression. and anxiety and have an opposite experience

EVOLghost 01.03.2019 01:02 AM

I love cocaine. I don’t do it anymore out of respect for my now fiancée. I haven’t done it in 4.5 years...but who’s counting......

I’m the same as The Doctor. Shits makes me more extroverted. Shit has gotten me hella attention and laid a lot! I was never a regular user, but if I knew I was going to be drinking like a massive amount(which was probably no more than like once a month maybe??) I used to try to have a bit with me. But now...I just smoke weed and the occasional psychedelic.

EVOLghost 01.03.2019 01:04 AM

Don’t do cocaine kids.

choc e-Claire 01.03.2019 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Don’t do cocaine kids.

I know...

sigh
Even though I've been told drugs are bad pretty much my whole life, there's the part of me that just really wants to explore and try shit (not cocaine or anything, just some of the softer stuff like cigarettes and weed maybe) despite knowing it'll fuck me up.

Probably for the best I have no friends :D

---

On a lighter note, I went to the zoo today for my little brother's birthday.

tw2113 01.03.2019 02:53 AM

If you get diagnosed with any sort of untreatable illnesses that they say you're absolutely going to die from and soon, go hog wild with everything. What's the worst that can happen? They kill ya?

choc e-Claire 01.03.2019 03:13 AM

Yeah, well I'm on the autism spectrum and depressed (not to turn this into a privilegewank), but neither of those would really do that for me (if anything, the depression would actually make it worse.

pony 01.03.2019 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Probably for the best I have no friends :D

i love you

choc e-Claire 01.03.2019 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
i love you

Why thank you Pony, I love you too.

It's not that I have no friends, it's that I have no friends who would invite me to parties involving drugs. Except maybe Casey, but that's unlikely anyway.

Dr. Eugene Felikson 01.03.2019 09:16 AM

weed is cool, but stay the fuck away from cigarettes

seriously, not even once

ilduclo 01.03.2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Severian
Being a clinical-level anxiety- and depression-case, I always found opiates and sedatives more fun for parties.

Opiates, “GOM”.....Coke was fun, but didn’t have the $ for it while it was so big. No interest now...high cbd weed, martinis and g&t’s in the summer,dark rum in the winter

!@#$%! 01.03.2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw2113
If you get diagnosed with any sort of untreatable illnesses that they say you're absolutely going to die from and soon, go hog wild with everything. What's the worst that can happen? They kill ya?

you could do something horribly stupid, irreparably harm someone, spend your final days miserable and full of regrets...

just sayin :D

!@#$%! 01.03.2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

seriously, not even once

cigarettes are like catholicism

once hooked you're in it forever

i will ALWAYS be a smoker

(even if smokes make me puke these days)

fucksakes i could use a cigarette right now haaa haaa haaa

nooooo....

pony 01.03.2019 10:33 AM

Quote:

It's not that I have no friends, ...

ok i don't love you anymore

:p

!@#$%! 01.03.2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pony
ok i don't love you anymore

:p

long live misanthropy! ;)

EVOLghost 01.03.2019 10:45 AM

Yeah. Honestly of all my vices, my most regrettable is cigarettes.

EVOLghost 01.03.2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !@#$%!
you could do something horribly stupid, irreparably harm someone, spend your final days miserable and full of regrets...

just sayin :D

I plan on doing hardcore shit or maybe trying heroin once I turn 70 or maybe 75 depending on my health....IF I even make it that far.

!@#$%! 01.03.2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVOLghost
I plan on doing hardcore shit or maybe trying heroin once I turn 70 or maybe 75 depending on my health....IF I even make it that far.

there's this great little canadian movie, "the barbarian invasions" by denys arcand, where a terminal old man (we know this character and his friends from a previous movie 20 years earlier, "the decline of the american empire") starts taking heroin to cope with terminal illness.

check them out both some time. the sexual politics may be a little outdated i suppose, this is an old man born in the 40s, but i still love these 2 films

!@#$%! 01.03.2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Yeah, well I'm on the autism spectrum and depressed (not to turn this into a privilegewank), but neither of those would really do that for me (if anything, the depression would actually make it worse.

what do you mean by priviledgewank? i am not making sense of the implication "autism as privilege." please clarify?

anyway, if you're socially stupid (i am), practicing kindness and loyalty and, what else was it... will get you much farther than the temporary delusion of hard drugs. yeah, they're not medicine and they can get you in deep shit.

see this book/person instead:

http://tytashiro.com/awkwardaweasome/

choc e-Claire 01.03.2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

what do you mean by priviledgewank? i am not making sense of the implication "autism as privilege." please clarify?

I'm just taking the piss out of people on certain corners of the internet. 'Yeah, well I've got this thing wrong with me, so I can do shit like this and it's fine! If you're against it than you're whateverphobic!"

Quote:

anyway, if you're socially stupid (i am), practicing kindness and loyalty and, what else was it... will get you much farther than the temporary delusion of hard drugs. yeah, they're not medicine and they can get you in deep shit.

I don't even think it's that. I'm a teenager and I've always been kind of a good kid, so it might just be wanting to have new experiences and rebel a little bit...which I know has never gotten anyone far (and my mum's been watching old episodes of Degrassi atm, which inadvertently rams this home), but I don't know. Fuck adolescence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson

seriously, not even once

I know that I shouldn't, and that it's basically slow-motion suicide. But it's still there as an urge. Maybe because cigarettes would be easier to find? Maybe because of the reason against it?

Severian 01.03.2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

cigarettes are like catholicism

once hooked you're in it forever

i will ALWAYS be a smoker

(even if smokes make me puke these days)

fucksakes i could use a cigarette right now haaa haaa haaa

nooooo....

I’ve been on the verge of being cigarette free for like seven years. I only smoke once in the morning before work, once at night after work — right after I wake up and right before I go to bed.
Was a pack-a-day guy for years, and I figured it would be easy to ween down to to nothing from next to nothing.

Spoiler: It’s actually harder with cigarettes for some reason.

I’ve had to ween myself down from pain medications following aforementioned accidents and surgeries... rather large doses... and that — the thing that’s responsible for a national epidemic — was easier by FUCKING MILES than going from 2 cigs/day to 0 cigs a day.

:(

I’m afraid I’m going to light-smoke myself to death because I want to smash things when I go without those wee little bumps.