Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   post comething completely irrelevant! (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=6857)

king_buzzo 11.30.2006 01:11 PM

i did not get that post

Hip Priest 11.30.2006 01:27 PM

Record shows death by frying pan

A manuscript unearthed in Cumbria's archives has painted a vivid picture of murder, mayhem and misadventure in one 17th Century parish.

Deadly duels fought with frying pans, and drunken brawls waged with beer jugs claimed lives in the west county parish of Lamplugh between 1656 and 1663.

The record was uncovered by staff at the Cumbria Record Office and Local Studies Library, in Whitehaven.

It is being used to promote the national Archive Awareness Campaign.

The record also reveals how three women were drowned after being accused of being witches, and four people were scared to death by fairies.

Other peculiar deaths listed in the document include death by gluttony at a party and being attacked by the parson's bull.

But not all residents suffered such surprising ends - 57 residents died of traditional old age.

Evil witchcraft

Anne Rowe, county archivist of the Cumbria Archive Service, said: "It's great to unearth a document like this in our collection and gives people a chance to discover a more quirky side to history.

"I'm not sure whether to attribute this list to our ancestors' superstitions or just their sense of humour!

"These were insecure social times and many folk in the 17th Century would have been scared of fairies with many a natural death being put down to the 'evil witchcraft' of a harmless old widow."

Throughout autumn there are hundreds of events talking place in archives across the UK to promote the nation's collections.

Hip Priest 11.30.2006 02:55 PM

IN sci-fi films and tv series, am I right in thinking that alien writing is always in individual characters? Has anyone seen the the script of an alien race in cursive form? Surely we humans can't be the only ones who thought it a good idea?

king_buzzo 11.30.2006 03:06 PM

i joined last fm.

king_buzzo 11.30.2006 03:50 PM

night after night the boards becoming more shit and empty

krastian 12.01.2006 01:10 AM

ALIEN ANAL 12.01.2006 03:18 AM

i just bought a bag and now i fear the house smells of it

Norma J 12.01.2006 03:26 AM

Smoke some then.
But why fear that?

ALIEN ANAL 12.01.2006 03:29 AM

because i do not live in a house with out parents.

I shall be shmoking some tonight how ever. Itll be good once im out of the home *sigh* a boy can dream

Oh and my mom is a mega drug nazi, i like to think of my self as batman/bruce wayne, during the day i am this nice guy who doesnt nothing wrong and wouldnt dare touch drugs, but when the darkness rises i am off doing the things noone would suspect lol.

Cantankerous 12.01.2006 03:29 AM

we had horrible ice storms all day and so the trees were all covered in ice and it looked like someone threw diamonds all over everything and now sugar is falling from the sky.

ALIEN ANAL 12.01.2006 03:30 AM

iv seen snow once, we went on a ski trip, it was good, i snowboarded and hurt my self, i rocked

Cantankerous 12.01.2006 03:32 AM

snow is the only reason i like winter. i detest christmas.

Norma J 12.01.2006 03:33 AM

I gathered you had parents, but still... fuck it. Who cares. I've always been a strong believer of if you ain't strong/manly/woman/brave/mature/whatever enough to stand by the choices you make, then you probably shouldn't be doing whatever it is you're doing.

ALIEN ANAL 12.01.2006 03:34 AM

your lucky, we get insane heat at out christmas time, we have water bomb fights and get water pistols and shit for xmas, its so hot.

ALIEN ANAL 12.01.2006 03:35 AM

oh i stand by them..just not next to my mom lol

Cantankerous 12.01.2006 03:35 AM

see why i don't live in australia?

Norma J 12.01.2006 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cantankerous
snow is the only reason i like winter. i detest christmas.

Christmas is hot here. Really hot. People have christmas on the beach. I do not. Though, I love how it is summer during christmas. But then a snowy/winter christmas looks fine on all them yank movies, especially Home Alone. One of the best movies ever.

ALIEN ANAL 12.01.2006 03:37 AM

meh, at least we are able to go outside and play with our remote control cars and helicopters and run outside in our new cool shoes or play on our skateboards, or what ever it is.

Norma J 12.01.2006 03:39 AM

Or listen/watch cds/dvds inside.

ALIEN ANAL 12.01.2006 03:40 AM

thats all everyone gets these days, is dvds