Sonic Youth Gossip

Sonic Youth Gossip (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/index.php)
-   Non-Sonics (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Traditional pastime of British kids (http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/showthread.php?t=39757)

Glice 05.10.2010 03:52 PM

Incidentally, I had a Greggs sausage roll today. From that place down on Lewins Mead. Not as good as that one opposite the galleries with that fit/ miserable Spanish broad. Lena, I think her name is. Just opposite Castle Park there. Yeah, that's the one. Good sausage rolls in there, I tells 'ee.

Glice 05.10.2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space
my chirping bird makes me sing.

at least the Ozzies don't run away at the first sign of a fight.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥+[inf.]

ps: that whole "convict" thing is about as played out as "throw anotha' shramp on tha barrbbbbbie".

They couldn't see a fight. THEY'RE IN THE FUCKARSE OF NOWHERE.

demonrail666 05.10.2010 04:00 PM

Australia's three great achievmants: Mad Max, Norman Gunston and the fact that Australians aren't quite as irritating as South Africans.

Rob Instigator 05.10.2010 04:00 PM

space 05.10.2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glice
They couldn't see a fight. THEY'RE IN THE FUCKARSE OF NOWHERE.

yes, well, those crazy japanese have a knack for showing up when and where you least expect them.

ANZAC = surrender monkeys

that said, you've never been to oklahoma, have you?

space 05.10.2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

I'm so very hard right now. this poist hsa been typde wihg mhay pejjois

Glice 05.10.2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonrail666
Australia's three great achievmants: Mad Max, Norman Gunston and the fact that Australians aren't quite as irritating as South Africans.

I have family from Ireland who moved to SA. Really annoying people. The sort of people who think it's ok to talk blowjobs with a pensioner.

the ikara cult 05.10.2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Incidentally, I had a Greggs sausage roll today. From that place down on Lewins Mead. Not as good as that one opposite the galleries with that fit/ miserable Spanish broad. Lena, I think her name is. Just opposite Castle Park there. Yeah, that's the one. Good sausage rolls in there, I tells 'ee.

where ive just moved has no less than THREE bakers (including a Greggs) on the high street, plus a Wimpy. Its seventh heaven i tells 'ee. Except for the Wimpy which was a massive dissapointment. No wonder theyve practically gone out of business.

Glice 05.10.2010 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the ikara cult
where ive just moved has no less than THREE bakers (including a Greggs) on the high street, plus a Wimpy. Its seventh heaven i tells 'ee. Except for the Wimpy which was a massive dissapointment. No wonder theyve practically gone out of business.

I saw there's a new cafe opened down round the back of the White Horse. You know, Dave's local. Gammy leg, that's him. Looks like a proper cardiac cafe, I'm looking forward to my first bacon and black pudding sarnie in there.

Pookie 05.10.2010 04:43 PM

A Wimpy has just opened here. There was one in the market square until the redevelopment.

But now it's back. I haven't had a bender for quite some time. Looking forward to it.

the ikara cult 05.10.2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

I saw there's a new cafe opened down round the back of the White Horse. You know, Dave's local. Gammy leg, that's him. Looks like a proper cardiac cafe, I'm looking forward to my first bacon and black pudding sarnie in there.

rinky dinky
spurs are on their way to wembley
doin the lambeth walk
knees up mother brown

space 05.10.2010 06:11 PM

ergggh....black pudding. you people disgust me.

Glice 05.10.2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by space
ergggh....black pudding. you people disgust me.

Again, behind every 'good will and peace to all men' lies the black heart of a true misanthropist.

Lurker 05.10.2010 06:19 PM

space is racist too.

demonrail666 05.10.2010 06:19 PM

There are no decent cafes around my way at all. The best is run by an Italian bloke who can't follow basic intructions.

Lurker 05.10.2010 06:20 PM

Bloody immigrant non-instruction following Italians.

space 05.10.2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Again, behind every 'good will and peace to all men' lies the black heart of a true misanthropist.

I promised to keep it contained. would you like for me to go back on my word?? you've not even seen how deep my inner-peace goes. deeper than atlantis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker
space is racist too.

1) thank you for suggesting that I have a giant cock (yr right)
2) viva la raza

Glice 05.10.2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurker
Bloody immigrant non-instruction following Italians.

You wouldn't get that with a Turk, I tell you. Joe, of Joe's Kebabs - he knows to stop when I ask him to. Raj down at the Indian as well, he knows how I like my poppadoms. The problem with Italians is they think they know best. Raj wouldn't ever do that sort of shit.

Toilet & Bowels 05.10.2010 06:41 PM

italians aren't so bad compared to chinese, don't even bother ordering a full english if it's going to be cooked by an elderly china man, they make everything taste of water.

Lurker 05.10.2010 06:45 PM

Liechensteinians are pretty good.

Keeping It Simple 05.11.2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

these chix R British

Wherever British girls go for a holiday, one can always hear the clarion cry of "lock up your sons and husbands, the slappers are coming!"

automatic bzooty 05.13.2010 10:37 PM

are british kids typically at the same levels of boredom as american kids?

Lurker 05.14.2010 08:32 AM

I don't know how bored American kids are but maybe. Those kids in the videos are what a lot of people would call "chavs", so they aren't representative of all British kids.

radarmaker 05.14.2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon boy
does anyone remember when greggs was called thurstons?

That was in/around Leeds, wasn't it? It was Braggs in the East Midlands too.
Always been Greggs up here though - my weekday lunch often comes from the original Greggs shop on Gosforth high street. I'm surprised it doesn't have a blue plaque outside.

Green_mind 05.14.2010 11:29 AM

There are two greggs around where I work, one does better pasties than the other. I'm a sucker for those dougnuts with the icing and sprinkles on! Also I proper like the coffee from greggs, there you go, that's my weekday lunch haha

chicka 05.14.2010 12:23 PM

what makes a black pudding sarnie? desert? entree?

Lurker 05.14.2010 03:22 PM

Eh? What do you mean?

space 05.14.2010 05:24 PM

curdled bloooood.

Lurker 05.14.2010 06:47 PM

There's no such thing as a black pudding sarnie I don't understand the references to entrees and deserts. A black pudding is not an entree or a desert not is it a sandwich.

demonrail666 05.14.2010 07:06 PM

I've heard Glice refer to a black pudding sandwich a couple of times but, like you, I've neither seen nor eaten one. Maybe it's a West country thing. Saying that, has anyone ever seen or tried one of those deep-fried pizzas? I keep hearing they're popular north of the border, like deep fried Mars bars. I've seen a chip shop in London do deep fried mars bars but never actually ate one. I do wonder though, whether deep-fried pizzas are just an urban legend.

Lurker 05.14.2010 07:47 PM

Well I'm from the west country too and I've never heard of black pudding sandwiches. Maybe it's just something that Glice eats.

Nope never even heard of deep fried pizzas.

Genteel Death 05.14.2010 07:56 PM

Does this lurker guy post anything else apart from himself being british? I don't entire posts.

Lurker 05.14.2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genteel Death
Does this lurker guy post anything else apart from himself being british? I don't entire posts.

No I don't. I hate everything that isn't British.

I don't understand your last sentence.